Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

I am so sorry to hear the news of your son Sapper1, and the news of your nephew, AIP. I hope and pray both follow a path to recovery.

I appreciate your explaining your comments, AIP.....it helps to understand them in a better light. No problem, all is well........

Thank you but please don't be sorry. The time for that has passed for us and we are looking forward to a bright future.

I must say that for the many months that I spent sitting quietly in the corner of a hospital room, I used Cruise Critic to keep me occupied and distracted. I did not mention the situation because it was far too intense and personal at the time but now I really want to thank you all for the diversion you didn't even know you were providing. :)

We can not know everyone's story....but it is certain everyone has a story.

Some weather their tale better than others...some make more of their tale than need be...but it is their story and if we can appreciate that maybe understanding our fellow man will be a little less confusing.:)

We are on the cruise with Lorene and to say the least she is a lot better after getting at least one of her suitcases...:). Everytime we see her on deck she at least has a smile on her face now....which is nice to see. As tough as it was the first few days she is a trooper. Joyce and I saw her as she got on ship with out the luggage and boy did she need a few hugs.

Lorene, It has been a delight talking with you on ship and seeing how well you handle this "MESS" even if you don't think you have. I think you have!!!!

Rick & Joyce

We are on the cruise with Lorene and to say the least she is a lot better after getting at least one of her suitcases...:). Everytime we see her on deck she at least has a smile on her face now....which is nice to see. As tough as it was the first few days she is a trooper. Joyce and I saw her as she got on ship with out the luggage and boy did she need a few hugs.

Lorene, It has been a delight talking with you on ship and seeing how well you handle this "MESS" even if you don't think you have. I think you have!!!!

Rick & Joyce

Thanks for posting this. It was kind of you to let us know that Lorene is much happier and enjoying her cruise.

You have a strong, wonderful spirit.

Life gets done to all of us. How many reach our fifties, sixties and more without adversity, illness, death of loved ones...... all sorts of challenges.

Like most people here, I've had my fair share and have lasting medical issues but it is what it is. Everyone has an assortment of issues and we all deal with them the best we can.

The point is we don't have to explain the things that are upsetting to us and one person's 'big deal' does not have to be approved by anyone. If I didn't have my luggage, I may as well go home. Seriously, I would be uncomfortable and unhappy and would not enjoy myself enough to make it worth remaining. No one has to understand that except my DH. :D I don't wear the same clothes at home, I don't want to wear the same jersey day after day and that would be the end of vacation for me. I grant that because we vacation/cruise often, I would faster to leave the cruise than someone who waited two years for their cruise.

You and I are kindred spirits. You think EXACTLY the way I do!! I couldn't have explained it better!!

Well put Linda - you deserve umpteem cruises for the challenges that you have faced:) I hope someday we have the pleasure to cruise with you.

I LOVE your attitude.

Blessings to you for your ongoing struggle:) I admire you.

Thank you for your kind words, and also to the others who responded with kindness. I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing....

Now you guys know why I am obsessed with cruising. My husband has also had struggles. That's when we decided to forgo the fancy house and spend the rest of our lives seeing the world. Before that, we were content to go the the Caribbean or Hawaii---on my winter break. When our time is done, I want to be able to look back and know I have truly lived my life the way I wanted. I am blessed that DH thinks the same way!

First of all, I want to say that I've been reading the postings of AIP since we first went to Alaska in 2010. She is a nice person and doesn't stir up stuff on these boards.

Second of all, I felt I wanted to express how I would feel if my luggage were delayed or lost. To me, it would be a disaster. Yup---the cruise would not be the same without having my stuff. I am a FOUR different type cancer survivor, so I know what it's like to have death staring you in the face. And, I still have cancer, but it is microscopic at this point. I had myself dead and buried at age 40, then again at 55. That is a terrible situation to be in, but IMHO, not having my stuff for a cruise would put a huge damper on that situation. We have been on cruises in Europe where people didn't have their luggage for many days and they managed to laugh about it. For me, it would be a disaster---but who knows, maybe if I went through it, it wouldn't be as bad as I am imagining.

Those of you who are reading this, don't you dare tell me that there are things that could be worse. I've been there and I still say not having your luggage would be a disaster---just a different type of disaster.

I had previously missed this post, but I surely hope your health improves Linda M. Your outlook is great despite all you have been through. I hope all goes well for you in the future.

And yes, you could count me in as one of those folks for whom a missing bag would be a "disaster".....I am too picky about what I wear and all the other assorted "little things" one packs to bring on a trip.....it would be upsetting for sure.

I had previously missed this post, but I surely hope your health improves Linda M. Your outlook is great despite all you have been through. I hope all goes well for you in the future.

And yes, you could count me in as one of those folks for whom a missing bag would be a "disaster".....I am too picky about what I wear and all the other assorted "little things" one packs to bring on a trip.....it would be upsetting for sure.

I see you are in Charlotte North Carolina. Have you ever run into a priest named Fr. Philip Scarcella? If so, give him my regards. He taught me in the Seminary and he is one of the finest people I have ever come across. Look on my profile to get my name.

I see you are in Charlotte North Carolina. Have you ever run into a priest named Fr. Philip Scarcella? If so, give him my regards. He taught me in the Seminary and he is one of the finest people I have ever come across. Look on my profile to get my name.

I am sorry to say, I am not Catholic (I'm one of those Protestants!:)) so I do not know your priest. He sounds like a great guy, wish I did know him........have known several priests in my life, and they were all fine people.

LindaM you are amazing. Thank you for telling your story. I'm really touched.

I'm happy to report that my second bag make it on the ship late today in Barbados. I have jammies, slippers, hair products and some more blouses:D.

Thanks Rick for those kind words. I did need those hugs.

I'm happy to report that my second bag make it on the ship late today in Barbados. I have jammies, slippers, hair products and some more blouses:D.

What GOOD NEWS!

Happy at long last you and all your things are reunited.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and have fun styling your hair the way you like it. :)

Yay! So glad to hear this. :)

That's awesome, Lorene...I'm so glad to read this!

So very pleased for you to now have all your luggage.

Best wishes for the remainder of your cruise.

I've been praying to the luggage Gods and am so happy for you. Barbados is my favorite island and I just knew it would show up there.

So happy for you.

Terri

YAY:D:D:D My goodness, this has been the cliffhanger of all time! So happy for you, enjoy the rest of your cruise, dressed to the nines and blinged to the hilt, LOL.

Archived