Diamond Plus Bonus Gift question

It would be nice to get the extra bonus gift on 3 night cruise also, but oh well, I will take my bottle of champagne I always get and wait until the next 7 nighter to get the additional bonus gift now that we will be at the next level

It would be nice to get the extra bonus gift on 3 night cruise also, but oh well, I will take my bottle of champagne I always get and wait until the next 7 nighter to get the additional bonus gift now that we will be at the next level

Perhaps the tradeoff is the coupon booklet is the same for 3 nights as it is for 7 nights. A great booklet for just 3 nights. Welcome basket and drinks are also the same.

enjoy

m

Perhaps the tradeoff is the coupon booklet is the same for 3 nights as it is for 7 nights. A great booklet for just 3 nights. Welcome basket and drinks are also the same.

enjoy

m

How about if I trade you my coupons for a bottle of the Mondavi Cab?;)

How about if I trade you my coupons for a bottle of the Mondavi Cab?;)

Sure –

Bob – if there was a way to transfer my amenity to you –I would make the trade in a minute. Perhaps we will sail on the same ship soon and you have yourself a deal! Now that we can bring 2 bottles on a ship, we didn’t even drink the RCCL amenity wine.

Marci

Sure –

Bob – if there was a way to transfer my amenity to you –I would make the trade in a minute. Perhaps we will sail on the same ship soon and you have yourself a deal! Now that we can bring 2 bottles on a ship, we didn’t even drink the RCCL amenity wine.

Marci

I was just kidding Marci! However, I look forward to sailing with you guys again soon.:)

Sure –

Marci

I typically don't drink the champagne on a 3 night cruise, I bring it home. On 7 night cruises I drink it on the sea days.

I would be grateful for anything you get from C&A as any perk can be discontinued at any time.:)

Patti, you are so right! I have been on 6 cruise lines and Royal Caribbean's perks are by far the best!

If someone talks about how great ????????? cruise line is, I ask "how they liked the free drinks for 3 1/2 hours each night".

I get a blank stare!!:D

"How much off your balcony did you get?"

Again, the blank stare!:)

I love Royal Caribbean!:p....... and they love me!!!

Patti, this is off topic.

I love your new picture of your Granddaughter!!!

She is so pretty! I smile each time I see her!

Patti, you are so right! I have been on 6 cruise lines and Royal Caribbean's perks are by far the best!

If someone talks about how great ????????? cruise line is, I ask "how they liked the free drinks for 3 1/2 hours each night".

I get a blank stare!!:D

"How much off your balcony did you get?"

Again, the blank stare!:)

I love Royal Caribbean!:p....... and they love me!!!

Patti, this is off topic.

I love your new picture of your Granddaughter!!!

She is so pretty! I smile each time I see her!

Thank you so much for the nice compliment on Lahela's new picture. :)

Thank you so much for the nice compliment on Lahela's new picture. :)

They grow up so fast. My Granddaughter is 6 already!

Patti, if you could, would you email (see below) me a picture of you and Jim? Or could you email me your upcoming cruises list?

I don't want to stalk you, but I would hate to miss meeting you and Jim if we were on the same cruise.

I thought I would meet Bob (Clarea) and his wife on the Indy last December, but the M&M was so big, I missed meeting them.

Patti, you and Bob have helped me for many years and I want to thank you personally!:D

• 3 months later...
Here is the list that you will find in your drop down menu........

List A: 175 - 349 cruise points

Cheese Tray

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Fruit Basket

Fruit Basket and Cheese Tray

Wine Truffles

Royal Caribbean Terry Slippers

Woven Beach Towel (1 per relationship/stateroom)

SR or DR - Asti Spumante, Martini and Rossi

SR or DR - Cabernet, Caliterre Tributo,Chile

SR or DR - Chardonnay, Castle Rock

SR or DR - Cabernet, Castle Rock

SR or DR - Chateau Ste Michelle Brut, Calif.

SR or DR - Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine

SR or DR - Pinot Grigio, Danzante Italy

SR or DR - Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra Chile

SR or DR - Zinfandel, Ravenswood

Can someone tell me the difference, if any, between the SR and DR. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
I plan to stop at the Loyalty desk and ask while we are on the ship. I know we got the ship on the cruise when we hit our last milestone.

We didn't get our 140 point block on the cruise we got the points. The Diamond Concierge told us that we'd get it on the next cruise.

We didn't get our 140 point block on the cruise we got the points. The Diamond Concierge told us that we'd get it on the next cruise.

I would give C and A a call. You should have received it on that cruise where your reached that point level.

I'd call C&A and ask them to send you the block you missed.

This happened to us as well! We should have gotten our 140 point block on Adventure last January. We were in a GS on that cruise, had a wonderful time, and kind of forgot about it! The LA never said a word! Then we did a TA in April, but it wasn't until our Freedom cruise in Sept that we remembered, so we talked to the LA and Diamond Concierge on Freedom.

The LA advised to call C&A when we got home, which we did. They were apologetic and said that we should have been given the block in January on our cruise when we hit 140 points. They shipped the block immediately - we got it about 3 days later.

Call C&A. You definitely won't get it on the next cruise - I'm just about positive that ships don't carry all the crystal blocks from every ship in the fleet, they only have their own. Just call C&A and they'll send you the block.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread, but we just reached Diamond Plus status and are updating our gift preferences. As Diamond, we each received a soft drink, a bottle of water and a package of shortbread cookies on arrival. During the cruise we also received an assortment of chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate goodies.

The way I read the section on updating preferences, we will now only get one gift per couple plus a bonus gift per couple on cruises of 7 days or more. I hope I'm misunderstanding this, but I'm looking for clarification.

Secondly, we don't know much about wine except that we like white zinfandel or rose. Which of the wines listed would we be most likely to enjoy?

Are there any other places on the web site we need to update because of our change in status?

Thanks for your help.

Margy

Edited by Margy23
typo

I realize this is an old thread, but we just reached Diamond Plus status and are updating our gift preferences. As Diamond, we each received a soft drink, a bottle of water and a package of shortbread cookies on arrival. During the cruise we also received an assortment of chocolate covered strawberries and other chocolate goodies.

The way I read the section on updating preferences, we will now only get one gift per couple plus a bonus gift per couple on cruises of 7 days or more. I hope I'm misunderstanding this, but I'm looking for clarification.

Secondly, we don't know much about wine except that we like white zinfandel or rose. Which of the wines listed would we be most likely to enjoy?

Are there any other places on the web site we need to update because of our change in status?

Thanks for your help.

Margy

You will receive the same Welcome Aboard snack and beverages you received before.

In addition, for all lengths of cruises, you will receive one gift (per couple) of your choice. They will choose the gift from the preference selected by the primary (first) person listed on the reservation.

I hope I can plan my cruises to get a Block on the Majesty.........Love that ship and might not have another chance to get a Majesty block. I am at 192 and I believe I get one at 210.

We where on Explorer recently we received two one for the previous milestone that we never received and one for the one we reached on-board they are nice to have, just remember to allow for them in your luggage allowance if flying home because they are heavy.

Thanks to both Bob Clarea and John&LaLa for prompt answers - we just returned from a cruise on Brilliance and were telling a couple at our table about the abundance of reliable info on Cruise Critic, which they had never heard of. I mentioned both of your names as reliable.

We did admit the battles between the "Loyal to Royal no matter what" and the "RCI's name should be "Dewey Cheatum and Howe." can get tiresome.

We're not going to worry about the wine - between drinks available in the Lounge and the 3 drinks on the sea pass, I can't imagine wanting more!

Margy

Thanks to both Bob Clarea and John&LaLa for prompt answers - we just returned from a cruise on Brilliance and were telling a couple at our table about the abundance of reliable info on Cruise Critic, which they had never heard of. I mentioned both of your names as reliable.

We did admit the battles between the "Loyal to Royal no matter what" and the "RCI's name should be "Dewey Cheatum and Howe." can get tiresome.

We're not going to worry about the wine - between drinks available in the Lounge and the 3 drinks on the sea pass, I can't imagine wanting more!

Margy

Very kind of you. We are on Brilliance for Thanksgiving. First time in 5 years. Hard to get me to leave the Port Canaveral terminal