Planes flying over the beach

Hello All:

We sail out of Port Canaveral this Sunday (first cruise) 7 day Eastern Caribbean. I think it is St. Maarten where the planes fly over a beach. Will we be able to see this at that port of call? We are on FOS.

Thank you,

Darryl

Hello All:

We sail out of Port Canaveral this Sunday (first cruise) 7 day Eastern Caribbean. I think it is St. Maarten where the planes fly over a beach. Will we be able to see this at that port of call? We are on FOS.

Thank you,

Darryl

Maho Beach in St. Maarten. There are lots of ways to get there so do some searching. (Taxi's, Tours, Rental Car)

Maho Beach on St Maarten. We did this as part of Bernard's Tour (www.bernardstours.com), a private tour guide who comes very highly recommended on cruise critic and on Trip Advisor. They pick you up at the ship, give you a comprehensive tour of the island, with time in the French capital of Marigot and at Orient Beach, and then a stop a Maho Beach at the right time to see the jumbo jets take off and land. Beverages are included. All for $40 per person. They drop you off back at the ship, or in the town of Phillipsburg where you can shop or go to the beach there, before walking or taking the water taxi back to the ship.

Maho Beach on St Maarten. We did this as part of Bernard's Tour (www.bernardstours.com), a private tour guide who comes very highly recommended on cruise critic and on Trip Advisor. They pick you up at the ship, give you a comprehensive tour of the island, with time in the French capital of Marigot and at Orient Beach, and then a stop a Maho Beach at the right time to see the jumbo jets take off and land. Beverages are included. All for $40 per person. They drop you off back at the ship, or in the town of Phillipsburg where you can shop or go to the beach there, before walking or taking the water taxi back to the ship.

I loved Bernard's tour!

Another vote for Bernard. Great way to see the island and the drivers will make sure you get to Maho to see the big planes. They know the island and traffic so no guessing on when to leave to make sure you get back to the ship on time.

Another vote for Bernard!!!!

Afternoon traffic in St Martin can be really bad, so it'S nice not having to worry about getting back to the ship on time.

The bigger planes tend to come in during early to mid afternoon and that's something else Bernard and his guys keep up with too.

So......seeing the big planes.......and no worries getting back to the ship on time.......PERFECT!!!!

We have our Bernards Tour booked for our April 20 cruise. Can't wait.

Looking at his website, you have 30 mins at Maho Beach, is this enough time in your opinion?

Bernard's is very flexible. Each driver knows when the plans are due in and can adjust his tour schedule to that information. They will give you more time at Maho if you ask for it and if there are any more planes coming in. The arrivals are mostly coming in between noon and 1:30 PM.

Yet another vote for Bernard! We had a fantastic time with him and Maho Beach is a must see. He knew the right time to go to Maho and while I don't remember how long we stayed, we were there long enough to see a few of the big planes come in.

While I loved Bernard's tour, I do not want to go to the beach or the shopping. We are not beach people.

I prefer a tour of the island and a stop at Maho beach. Any other tours like this?

Another vote for Bernard’s Tour.

Went on a private tour before and repeating with different friends April 28th.

If you have a large enough group for a private tour I encourage it for you can alter the itinerary somewhat to meet your wishes. We want more time at Maho Beach-Sunset Bar!

Maho Beach is a must see!!!

Either way you’ll think the tour is well worth it!!

http://www.bernardstours.com/

e-mail..bernard1332002@yahoo.com

Laura

Hello All:

Thank you,

Darryl

We're on FOS next Sunday as well and taking Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten. Join the roll call for the Mar 10 sailing and sign up for the activities that have been planned. See you onboad!

Here Here..Another Bernard Tour Fan! Rum Punch, Beer and water is included in the price! After touring and spending time at Orient Beach and the shopping stop with a free phone call in one of the shops back to the US we mad it to Maho in time to see the big jets landing. That was the best things to have those jets come in so low right over you. When we left the traffic was backed up so we took an alternate route back through some neighborhoods that took a slight bit longer but we did not have to sit in traffic. We were able to get off in town to do some shopping or look around rather than go all the way back to the ship.

I also recommend Bernard Tours; I went with a group from my roll call on the Explorer and had a great time.

Looking to do it again when I go in September, but I think I just want to go straight to Maho Beach and enjoy the restaurant there.

Archived