Never Say Never...

After 4 years of saying never to the Oasis and Allure, we bit the bullet and booked Oasis tonight. We had Independence booked for the same week, but decided to "jump ship" after a price drop on Oasis, giving us an extra day.

Hope we didn't make a mistake, we're concerned it may be too big for us, but as long as it has a nice pool deck and a large gym, I'm sure we'll be happy :D! Now the hard part- waiting 9 months!

After 4 years of saying never to the Oasis and Allure, we bit the bullet and booked Oasis tonight. We had Independence booked for the same week, but decided to "jump ship" after a price drop on Oasis, giving us an extra day.

Hope we didn't make a mistake, we're concerned it may be too big for us, but as long as it has a nice pool deck and a large gym, I'm sure we'll be happy :D! Now the hard part- waiting 9 months!

Congrats on making the jump! My projection is that you are going to LOVE it!

We just did the same thing. We saw the Oasis while cruising on another ship. I told my DH right then and there that I would NEVER go on anything that big ;) We also booked her this afternoon. We had been looking at the Freedom but got a much better price on Oasis for the same weekend. My TA assures me that we will have a blast. All I can say is it is our 25th Anniversary so we better :D

From reading reviews and comments VERY FEW are disappointed in O & A and when the "truth" comes out they mostly didn't prepare themselves for the big girls whether its pre booking entertainment or a scooter for their mobility issues.

If $$ wasn't an issue they'd be my only ships!

Welcome to the club ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have a great time!! Wonderful entertainment too! Huge gym! Been on Oasis and Allure and always had a good time on both ships. You will be busy seeing all the entertainment and experiencing the ship:)

I thought the same thing until we tried Allure. It actually seemed less crowded than the Freedom. There was more food, more entertainment, more of everything. The design of the ship just allows more people to be in different places at the same time.

Once we went on the Oasis we were hooked. I no longer will go on anything less than a Voyager class if possible. We will settle on a Radiance class if there are no other options.

Same here. I do want to try an enhanced Radiance class ship one day but for now there is nothing better than Oasis/Allure. And it's not even close.

Count us in as well as one of those who thought at first the ship would be way too big. We have already been 3 times for a 4th coming up in October. Love them!!!

And like someone else posted when we have checked prices for both Oasis and Freedom for the same times (Fall dates) The Freedom always prices out higher for a balcony.

There is so much more to do on the Oasis. Enjoy it.!!!!

PS I was curios about folks Oasis opinions AFTER cruising and did a poll around a month ago - after cruising Oasis would you do it again. The results were 80% yes, 20% no just FYI

The pool deck is one of the nicest things about the Allure, I specially loved the solarium. Sure the ship requires a little more walking than others, but it is a great experience. Enjoy your trip :)

Worth it for the shows alone. The shows were what "made" this cruise for me. Making reservations for shows seems foreign to me, but it worked out really well. I'm so glad we didn't miss one show because they were all very well done and thoroughly enjoyable.

There are other shows that don't require reservations - another dive show, some improv, another comedy show in the main showroom in the afternoon.

Don't miss these shows, they are good, too.

Food seemed better than on other recent cruises.

Crowds were disbursed - didn't feel like there were 2000 more pax than our last cruise. The ship is designed to handle the extra people.

You will enjoy it.

I'm another guilty of Never say Never. I said I'd never cruise RCL again 10 years ago and here I'm eyeing Spain for 2014 :p Gotta go with the itinerary.

I loved the Allure but still love the Freedom class the best and one of the main reasons is the gym...

You mentioned the gym so I just wanted to prepare you that it feels much more closed in on the Oasis class than on the Freedom class that feels open and has so many windows. On the Allure it has portholes and the ceilings felt a bit lower so it just felt more closed in as it is on the same deck as the jogging track. Not a problem at all, just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were expecting one similar to the Freedom class. Either is better than the gym on the Majesty when I realized the low ceiling meant no ellipticals which are my machine of choice when on a cruise :)

Have a blast though!

I am a small ship lover!!!preferring less than 1000 passengers,. BUT...the Allure won my heart. IT is unlike any other ship I have ever been on. Awesome is the only word I can think of to describe her. Do try it. You too could become a convert. I don't plan to go on any big ships other than Allure and Oasis.

~Doris~

I have been banging this drum for a while...reading between the lines it seemed the objections to this class of ship was not the "size" but the "price". With Breakaway breaking out this summer, and Quantum coming, these gals aren't the new kids on the block anymore, prices are moderating for off peak times and people are discovering they are not the evil incarnate everyone though they were when they first came out (with big price tags). It seems most folks once they've tried one, realize the amazing design handles crowds "better' than other behemoth cruise ships (which describes all of Royals ships!)

Of course there will always be some who really feel cruising small is the way to go (as in Regent, or Windstar), but for people who normally cruise RCL large ships, they would probably find this one "does it better' even though its bigger!

Archived