Crown and Anchor tiers!

Making the Pinnacle club is a very impressive achievement considering Diamond Plus is 175 credits while Pinnacle is 700 :eek:. Its on my bucket list - hope I make it :rolleyes: However, I would like to see another tier between Diamond Plus & Pinnacle. What do you think?

Well there sort of IS a level between D+ and P - it happens at each point level when you get gifts and other bonuses...

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 350 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

I saw the number for D+ members discussed on one of these threads... again I don't have any feel for the accuracy, but the number seemed low. I tried a search for the thread, but no luck. IIRC the number of D+ was around 5000. Maybe Adam G. will chime in and bring us all up to speed:D!

And if it IS 5000 they all sailed with me last cruise when I tried to get into the CL...

Edited by stompy
g

Thanks so much Karen. ;) I appreciate your help. Now I just have to talk my retired USCG hubby into a cruise with me. He's been on many ships & docked at many, many ports.

So, it's not the first thing on his bucket list-so to speak.

I posted a few pic's on another thread, but this site isn't very photo friendly, at least not for me. The pic's are so small.

Thanks again,

Janis

Janis, don't use the "attach a photo" button here on Cruise Critic.

Here is what you do, for full size picture posting:

Upload your photos to a photo sharing website, like smugmug or photobucket.

They give you code to use to post pictures in a forum like this.

Magic! ;)

(and I wrote her/his since I was apparently totally unobservant that you had signed the posts)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Well there sort of IS a level between D+ and P - it happens at each point level when you get gifts and other bonuses...

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 350 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

There is NO level between D+ and Pinnacle. There is no D+ or D++ or P-

Yes – there are a few additional published benefits as you increase points but that is it.

M

The idea of the loyalty programs is to get us to keep booking our cruises. If the motivation is to attain a higher level for better perks, then you would think they would add more levels between both D and D+, as well as between D+ and P. They added E.

Or, Pinnacle-minus, as another poster calls it. :D

I made a note in 1/2013 with these numbers:

D = 10,000

D+ = 5,100

Pinnacle: the numbers posted above by Patti and ChipLondon are what I have. 330 in January, so around 400 by the end of this year.

I agree that 10,000 Diamonds sound low - seems like the TransAtlantics I've been on have 600-800 Diamonds. Given that RCI has 17 TransAtlantics this year 10,000 Ds would be one TA cruise equivalent per year per diamond. Of course a number of Diamonds I know [including myself] take two TAs in a year, and a few more than two.

Thom

Although the D+ perks and amenities are nice, the balcony discount is only $25 more than D and it's the max you ever get.

However the most valuable benefit we get is actually from the RCL Visa. We use that for everything to get free cruises or massive discounts .

At this point, I stopped caring about points.

Has anyone heard anything about changing the number of points to become D+? I remember when there was a problem with over crowded Concierge Lounges because of the number of Diamond Members. To help rectify the problem they took away the Concierge Lounge perk from the Diamonds, but left the perk for Diamond Plus Members. Now that there seems to be the same problem arising because of the number of D+'s, I wonder if they would make it harder to become D+ by adding the number of points to become eligible for the Diamond Plus Status. Just a thought.

Has anyone heard anything about changing the number of points to become D+? I remember when there was a problem with over crowded Concierge Lounges because of the number of Diamond Members. To help rectify the problem they took away the Concierge Lounge perk from the Diamonds, but left the perk for Diamond Plus Members. Now that there seems to be the same problem arising because of the number of D+'s, I wonder if they would make it harder to become D+ by adding the number of points to become eligible for the Diamond Plus Status. Just a thought.

I have not heard about any upcoming changes to the C&A program.

Don't see that happening especially since by 2015, all ships will have a Diamond Lounge in addition to a Concierge Lounge.

The idea of the loyalty programs is to get us to keep booking our cruises. If the motivation is to attain a higher level for better perks, then you would think they would add more levels between both D and D+, as well as between D+ and P. They added E.
They do add better perks at points between D+ and P, they just don't assign a new Level Name.

Has anyone heard anything about changing the number of points to become D+? I remember when there was a problem with over crowded Concierge Lounges because of the number of Diamond Members. Just a thought.

Oh No - not a post to start this up again!

No point changes for D+, and with all the new D lounges, making D+ is not such a big deal anyway.

Oh No - not a post to start this up again!

No point changes for D+, and with all the new D lounges, making D+ is not such a big deal anyway.

oops, should have kept my thoughts to myself. Didn't mean to scare anyone with a post to start something up again, especially when it's not such a big deal anyway.

Hi Everyone,

I realise you have to wait until you have completed a cruise to join C&A. Does that mean that you don't get any points for the first cruise, just the ability to join? Sorry I have looked and I can't find an answer to that.

Thanks

Kirsten

Thanks Karen,

Just wasn't sure and I read that you get double points for a suite. Given we are doing the Hawaii to Sydney thought it was a nice starting point!! and we don't have the time to squeeze a shorter one in before it sales in September.

Thanks

Kirsten

Thanks Karen,

Just wasn't sure and I read that you get double points for a suite. Given we are doing the Hawaii to Sydney thought it was a nice starting point!! and we don't have the time to squeeze a shorter one in before it sales in September.

Thanks

Kirsten

Nice way to start out! Long cruise in a suite = lots of happy points

:)

Just wasn't sure and I read that you get double points for a suite. Given we are doing the Hawaii to Sydney thought it was a nice starting point!! and we don't have the time to squeeze a shorter one in before it sales in September...
This sailing in a suite will vault you entirely over Gold, and make you a Platinum C&A member at the end of the cruise.

enjoy

Thom

I was simply told my number when we hit Pinnacle by someone senior in the Loyalty Dept. It is amazing how many people are now achieving Pinnacle status, it is not life changing, but it is nice. :D And they did send us a really nice welcome pack, with our New Personalised Pins, Passport Cover & Luggage Tags. :)

How dd you find out the #? I just looked at all my stuff & nothing says a number, not that it matters, justs curious. .............