Ultimate Chair hog

boone2

Came across a new one on the Star this week, DH went to the laundry to wait for the final 5 minutes of the cycle and found one of the 2 chairs there "hogged" Someone had placed books and a crossword. Needless to say it was removed and no-one came in while he waited the last few minutes Seriously??

Great cruise otherwise

Terry

Came across a new one on the Star this week, DH went to the laundry to wait for the final 5 minutes of the cycle and found one of the 2 chairs there "hogged" Someone had placed books and a crossword. Needless to say it was removed and no-one came in while he waited the last few minutes Seriously??

Great cruise otherwise

Terry

What, no flipflop ?? No self respecting chairhog worth a salt will try and save a chair without at least one flipflop :)

Srpilo

Chair hogs in the laundry room....Really....That's what pissed you off? How about washer and dryer hogs? Those are people who don't come back in time and they leave their cloths in the washer and dryer for eternity. Trust me I have no problem taking the wet or dry clothing out of the machine and dumping them on top of the counter. Ladies I'm not shy either. I will man handle you thongs or granny panties what ever the case may be.

Great cruise otherwise

Terry

So someone wasn't in the chair for 5 whole minutes? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they had to use the loo? And I don't think it is "needless to say" at all. In fact, I think it is pretty officious and rude to remove other people's stuff from a chair just because you immediately suspect the worst of all possible explanations.

I left my book laying open, my reading glasses, and a full wine glass on a cocktail table in Crooner's in front of the sofa upon which I was sitting while I made a quick trip to the ladies room. When I returned, a group of people had moved my stuff, dumping it on a table on the far side of the room, so they could sit where I had been. I guess that's fine by you?

So someone wasn't in the chair for 5 whole minutes? Did it ever occur to you that perhaps they had to use the loo? And I don't think it is "needless to say" at all. In fact, I think it is pretty officious and rude to remove other people's stuff from a chair just because you immediately suspect the worst of all possible explanations.

I left my book laying open, my reading glasses, and a full wine glass on a cocktail table in Crooner's in front of the sofa upon which I was sitting while I made a quick trip to the ladies room. When I returned, a group of people had moved my stuff, dumping it on a table on the far side of the room, so they could sit where I had been. I guess that's fine by you?

I too was wondering how long the stuff was there and was it just for a short time (as the OP seemed to indicate husband was there for just a few minutes). Maybe he just missed the person by a few minutes.

Seriously, a true chair hogg is one who dumps stuff on a chair to reserve while they'll gone for a half hour or more, or someone who tries to save a whole row in the Princess Theater while his whole group is hanging out in the bar or still finishing dinner.

Don't label someone who is just using the "facilities" (and will be back in a true jiffy) a chair hogg.

I hope you shamed them. I had it one time where I had got a table and six chairs, I had left some drinks on a table and while I was back at the bar to get the rest of the drinks in, some people just sat around as if they were complimentary. I really do not know what some people think.:D

I had this happen at the IC on my last cruise. Set my coffee and book down, turned to grab my dessert, and when I turned back around a couple had taken the table. They were truly gracious as they offered to let me sit on the ledge while they occupied the comfy chairs. I was not gone from the table for more than 45 seconds.

Even the waitress said something to them, but they would not budge.

I hope you shamed them. I had it one time where I had got a table and six chairs, I had left some drinks on a table and while I was back at the bar to get the rest of the drinks in, some people just sat around as if they were complimentary. I really do not know what some people think.:D

I was sitting at a table for 4 once, had ordered drinks for me and my DH while he went to get his food and I waited for my elderly parents to arrive. I had a women rudely ask me if all seats were taken, and when I said "yes" she was pissed at me and didn't even seem to believe me! She and friend sat at a table next to us (I don't know why she didn't go there first).

Books on a chair in a laundry room? My assumption would be that someone left them in the laundry room by accident after picking up their laundry. Or someone found them and placed them in an easily visible place.

Books on a chair in a laundry room? My assumption would be that someone left them in the laundry room by accident after picking up their laundry. Or someone found them and placed them in an easily visible place.

This is probably what happened. They got so bored waiting for the washers and dryers and then getting their clothes washed and dried that they had forgotten to pick up their books, cause they were exhausted by the whole process.

The whole laundry thing is such a chore at times.

I think some of you are taking this far too seriously, I found it very humorous that someone would need to reserve a chair - in the laundry room of all places. DH placed the stuff on the ironing board, waited for our laundry and folded it and no one came back.. The use of the laundry has been very courteous so far.

This was meant as a light hearted moment and not something I was "pissed" at. As I said the cruise is absolutley awesome

Terry

On our last cruise I had clothes in the dryer. When I returned to laundry room to check on them on them I found that someone had removed my clothes before they were dry and then took over the dryer. I thought that was very rude!

I would have taken their clothes out and put mine back in.

On our last cruise I had clothes in the dryer. When I returned to laundry room to check on them on them I found that someone had removed my clothes before they were dry and then took over the dryer. I thought that was very rude!

I had this happen at the IC on my last cruise. Set my coffee and book down, turned to grab my dessert, and when I turned back around a couple had taken the table. They were truly gracious as they offered to let me sit on the ledge while they occupied the comfy chairs. I was not gone from the table for more than 45 seconds.

Even the waitress said something to them, but they would not budge.

I can't even describe the ruckus I would cause just on principle. :mad:

I HATE people like this.

I like this way better.

101_2267Relaxingondeck15.jpg

Some days I come on here to read good info.

Some days I just need a good laugh.

Today I REALLY needed a good laugh and I got it.

Thanks.

I think all really true hogs are very irritating and earn the karma they will get eventually.

Archived