New 2013 inclusive beverage program details

Bill Leiber

The Premium package is not as limited as standard which only gives basic sunshine, but in order to ensure you get good quality sunshine at the times you want you have to buy the Ultimate Sunshine package.

Phil

Does that one also provide an instant allover tan without burning or heat stroke! I think I read about that somewhere on here:cool:

Yvonne;)

The Premium package is not as limited as standard which only gives basic sunshine, but in order to ensure you get good quality sunshine at the times you want you have to buy the Ultimate Sunshine package.

Phil

Is that the bespoke one?

:D

Drinks and wines seems to be quite well spread to all tastes. Some complaints and some well funded advice to be found here. AZ should take notice of this and see if they can improve on some of the items on the list.

i.e there are no brandys in the package. I know cognac is expensive, but there could easily be a napoleon or a spanish brandy included.:(

non-alcoholic beer would be nice, - not too important.

As for the winelist there seem to be plenty of choice for most tastes. Good list.:D

Well if that was written somewhere , we missed it. And the waiter didn't mention it. We saw the Bonny Doon on the for-a-fee list and got that.

They just started the "new inclusive amenities" program so you might have missed it. Started on Quest march 27. and will start on Journey may 15.th:o

This thread is getting out of control - all this fuss and nonsense about a few lousy drinks and whether they are free or not! Get a grip people once and for all.

For the life of me I can't see why they changed the system. Was on the last cruise of the old system with wine available at lunch time & evening meal if you wanted it. The wines were very nice and there were plenty of soft drinks/water if you wanted them. Anything else you paid for.

Simples!

For the life of me I can't see why they changed the system. Was on the last cruise of the old system with wine available at lunch time & evening meal if you wanted it. The wines were very nice and there were plenty of soft drinks/water if you wanted them. Anything else you paid for.

Simples!

I guess to increase revenue

I guess to increase revenue

I suppose that's why they make most changes but the line didn't strike me as out to fleece you.

Wonder if it came from feedback from passengers.

However it may backfire on them if people like me don't cruise with them again. I don't want all inclusive to mean I'm paying for drinks I don't want. Even though I did enjoy Azamara I'll be going back to Oceania if the supposed all inclusive continues.

Out of curiosity did "all inclusive" also include their speciality restaurants that had a $25 per head charge? That's one thing Oceania don't charge for. I'd rather have the food than the alcohol included.

I have not read 100% of the posts in this thread, but is there champanga, cava or proseco in the list of included wines? ...

Im a sparkling wine before dinner kind of person!!!....

Just wondering....

Had the Chilean Reisling several times last summer on the Quest and it was always complimentary at dinner.

How "off-dry" is it? Given that there's no port or cream sherry on the included list, I'm wondering if it's sweet enough to do for an after dinner wine.

How "off-dry" is it? Given that there's no port or cream sherry on the included list, I'm wondering if it's sweet enough to do for an after dinner wine.

It's a dry Riesling with some sweetness in the end. Fantastic as a starter. There are no wines here to replace a good port or a sherry. No sparkling wines either. I have decided to just buy what I want in addition to the included wines. Don't care if it costs me a couple of dollars extra. The budget won't be affected by paying for a few wines or brandys. I am just looking forward to meet the fantastic Azamara crew again.:)

Uy... that is sad ... no sparkling wine, no port. I wonder why as in Europe wines are cheaper than water sometimes.

In any case I look forward to my first Azamara sailing!!! and I have no choice so I will have to pay for my champagne and porto every day, with the wines I'm planning in ventury with the included ones that rotate as you have mentioned in this board, Im trusting the good taste and choice of their sommeliers.

Elena

Out of curiosity did "all inclusive" also include their speciality restaurants that had a $25 per head charge? That's one thing Oceania don't charge for. I'd rather have the food than the alcohol included.

No, you still pay extra for the specialty restaurants unless you are in a high category cabin.

I don't think anything much will change. The service levels will be the same, the food will be the same, there may well be a few drunken Englishman about taking advantage of what drink is free, but for most the only difference is that you'll be paying much more than you did last time.;)

Uy... that is sad ... no sparkling wine, no port. I wonder why as in Europe wines are cheaper than water sometimes.

In any case I look forward to my first Azamara sailing!!! and I have no choice so I will have to pay for my champagne and porto every day, with the wines I'm planning in ventury with the included ones that rotate as you have mentioned in this board, Im trusting the good taste and choice of their sommeliers.

Elena

Think it's basically a selection based on what they know are the bestselling items. Bring some port or champagne on board and keep it in your cabin. You are allowed to do that. No questions asked. For consumption in the cabin only, but then at least you will have some.

I will off course bring a vsop cognac and a good port. :D

Elena

We were onboard for the All Inclusive guinea pig cruise (27th March 2013) and I also have a preference for French champagne/cava/prosecco. After sailing with Silverseas where my champagne was topped up even when I didn't want more I kind of expected Azamara to include at least one Fizzy white. On receiving the 'guest feedback' I noted quite politely that the cruise wasn't actually 'AI' when compared to Silversea, just a comment and definitely not a complaint. The next day there was a message on our phone, a very long message, explaining just why there wasn't fizzy wine (no sponsor/supplier) and Azamaras definition of 'All Inclusive'......not necessary and I didn't even make it to the end of the message before deleting it.

I'm not a big drinker so the Azamara version of AI is wasted on me (and hubby) but if there could be just one fizzy white wine it would make all the difference or a specific upgrade for French Champagne and San Pelegrino. We will continue to cruise Azamara as we love the relaxed atmosphere but if we want AI then we will book Silversea.

BTW, the Azamazing evenings are spectacular :-)

Thanks for your 'actual' experience. I guess we'll all be able to make a judgement when we next take a voyage with Azamara.

When I choose a cruise, I look at price first and foremost, then itinerary and likelihood of warm weather.

We have cruised Regent, next will be Seabourn, then Azamara, so we should have a pretty good idea of what suits us best, come July.

Hi English Tim

We are looking at trying Oceania or Regent next, are they informal too?

Hubby hates dressing up and Azamara does suit us in that way.

The staff on Azamara were lovely and I've never seen a Captain so often on any other ship we've cruised on. The officers are also around everywhere and I've heard people on other cruise lines moan about the lack of Officer Presence. I'd definitely recommend Azamara and the only drunks we spotted on the new AI were a couple of tipsy old ladies. They were very restrained, just very giggly :-)

Hi English Tim

The staff on Azamara were lovely and I've never seen a Captain so often on any other ship we've cruised on. The officers are also around everywhere and I've heard people on other cruise lines moan about the lack of Officer Presence. I'd definitely recommend Azamara and the only drunks we spotted on the new AI were a couple of tipsy old ladies. They were very restrained, just very giggly :-)

Lolly, I haven't been on Oceana, but Regent was fairly informal, with no particularly dressy nights, but most wore smart casual, with ladies as always looking delightful.

We were onboard for the All Inclusive guinea pig cruise (27th March 2013) and I also have a preference for French champagne/cava/prosecco. After sailing with Silverseas where my champagne was topped up even when I didn't want more I kind of expected Azamara to include at least one Fizzy white. On receiving the 'guest feedback' I noted quite politely that the cruise wasn't actually 'AI' when compared to Silversea, just a comment and definitely not a complaint. The next day there was a message on our phone, a very long message, explaining just why there wasn't fizzy wine (no sponsor/supplier) and Azamaras definition of 'All Inclusive'......not necessary and I didn't even make it to the end of the message before deleting it.

I'm not a big drinker so the Azamara version of AI is wasted on me (and hubby) but if there could be just one fizzy white wine it would make all the difference or a specific upgrade for French Champagne and San Pelegrino. We will continue to cruise Azamara as we love the relaxed atmosphere but if we want AI then we will book Silversea.

BTW, the Azamazing evenings are spectacular :-)

Hi,

Just a note..We have sailed with Both Silver Sea And Regent and know about the AI, with that said..One pays Much..Much..More on those two 6 star cruise lines and they are ALL SUITES and NO inside cabins as apposed to Azamara having Both Inside cabins And Ocean view and Varanda cabins that are Not suites and the Price reflects that! Plus on Silver Sea there is one resturant that you have to pay Extra for as well as extra for the wine! But I do agree that they Could have had Some sort of Bubbly on board!!

Hi English Tim

We spent 25 nights on Regent's Mariner and never saw the hotel director until the last night, when I insisted on seeing him to correct a serious error in our disembarkation. The captain was also rarely visible. Yes, Regent is informal, but the personal attention passengers get from senior officers doesn't hold a candle to what passengers receive on Azamara.

The spirits package, however, is much broader and inclusive than Azamara's (port, sparkling wine, aperitifs, Bellinis, Negronis, etc.), and shore excursions are also included (except for a few special ones, like helicopter tours or overnights).