No More Grilled Salmon or Tuna at Aqua Spa Cafe

Bobby Dee

Hi Everyone,

FYI, I checked with two Eclipse sources. Both confirmed the Grilled entrees are available on this sailing, and there's no plans to eliminate them. Hopefully, what's being reported on Reflection is a one off situation, and Celebrity will make the right decision, in favor of their guests.

We enjoy the grilled items very much, and hope they will continue to be offered at the Aqua Spa Cafe.

I hope this is helpful !

Thanks for checking, Andy. Hopefully, it was just a fluke!

If the pilot test does spread to other ships, it will probably affect our travel plans.

When considering lines for our first cruise, the Aqua Spa Cafe offerings were very appealing- especially the salmon. It might seem like a little detail; however, it was one of the little details that made us select Celebrity for our first cruise...hopefully the first of many to come.

The offerings in the dining venues made/make a difference to us. If those differences disappear, we will probably cancel the cruise and go with another line like Oceania.

Hopefully it is just a fluke, though. Thanks, Andy, for looking into this.

Thank you all for posting---the info that you provide really does help other cruisers, especially those selecting their first cruise. Please keep posting. :-)

On reflection starting with April 13th cruise Aqua Spa Grill no longer grills Tuna, Chicken or Pork......Some days they have a grilled salmon but not available all the time. This is going FLEETWIDE.....I am told.

They were photographing it and putting it together the first day onboard....so expect to bid the grilling goodbye.....

Smoked salmon is available at the Elite breakfast AND was available today in several forms...Belly lox etc today at the "at sea brunch"

food is quite good in all outlets...but changes are rolling on down....

Happy sails to all.

No grilled tuna, chicken or pork and only occasional salmon??? What protein sources are going to be available????

Perhaps there's a shortage....like the story they gave us about why no more escargot!!!

Hi Everyone,

FYI, I checked with two Eclipse sources. Both confirmed the Grilled entrees are available on this sailing, and there's no plans to eliminate them. Hopefully, what's being reported on Reflection is a one off situation, and Celebrity will make the right decision, in favor of their guests.

We enjoy the grilled items very much, and hope they will continue to be offered at the Aqua Spa Cafe.

I hope this is helpful !

Woo hoo! Thanks Andy!

The Century supposedly has a larger Aqua Spa Cafe that I was really looking forward to eating lunch in; grilled salmon and tuna as I enjoyed on the Solstice.

Century also just failed inspection.

Don't you think it would be good to keep offering value instead of cuts until the ships pass inspection.

It does make me think of jumping ship.

On the reflection today for the ta they are grilling up salmon at the Aquaspa cafe

for lunch

That is great news from Brad. And please enjoy the TA.

I didn't ask for Salmon on the first day out. I really hope that sounding the alarm results in a failure for this "pilot project". I think that according to the spin, they are trying to make the Aqua Spa Menu more "healthy" and there are other items available. IMO, they just are not as desirable as the grilled salmon and chicken. I'll leave it up to Brad to keep us up to date since he's on board as we speek.

So what would be the point of the Aqua Cafe for lunch? Seems like a bad idea unless they are offerings something else.

The Aqua Cafe is a great lunch spot for those who don't want to over eat but do want healthy and quality food.

On the reflection today for the ta they are grilling up salmon at the Aquaspa cafe

for lunch[/official

Thanks for the update, by the way is it a rough crossing, the fear of seasickness keeps me from doing a TA.

As to the grilled salmon,

I guess that's that. They are offering the grilled salmon, so perhaps we can all move on to other pressing matters. I love how rumors become facts on Cruise Critic Forums. We all love the Aqua Spa cafe, except for my husband go goes to the hamburger, hot dog grill.:rolleyes: he's on vacation he says so why not.

Im wondering if the initial ship officer that first announced it was just having fun with a passenger.

for lunch[/official

Thanks for the update, by the way is it a rough crossing, the fear of seasickness keeps me from doing a TA.

As to the grilled salmon,

I guess that's that. They are offering the grilled salmon, so perhaps we can all move on to other pressing matters. I love how rumors become facts on Cruise Critic Forums. We all love the Aqua Spa cafe, except for my husband go goes to the hamburger, hot dog grill.:rolleyes: he's on vacation he says so why not.

Im wondering if the initial ship officer that first announced it was just having fun with a passenger.

Just had grilled salmon last week on the Eclipse in the Aqua Spa Cafe!:) I know they also grilled pork chops and chicken as friends had that.

Did anyone notice if they also still had tuna??????

We're on the Eclipse TA right now and they do have the salmon & chicken in Aqua Spa Cafe.

Janine

How about the tuna?

I REALLY love fresh tuna and was so happy to have that for lunch almost every day!

If this goes fleet wide, we're another cruising couple that will be disappointed and note it on our comment cards. It's our favorite lunch. It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but we'd be bummed about it for sure.

Happy Sailng!

Thanks Andy for checking it out & others for posting...

let's hope it continues....This is our fav lunch on board & we alternate it with the Bistro on Five..on Silho in march the staff at the AQ spa cafe worked very hard & were always pleasant!!!!

would be a shame to lose this wonderful meal--best salmon & tuna on board!!!!

Personally I would like to see the Aqua Spa café menu refreshed. It is getting same old, same old and too much repetition of items on a cruise. I am sure that this can be achieved and some of the favourites retained - though maybe not all of them there every day

I will be interested to see what transpires with this change

I would rather their first actions here had been to make more space available in both the Aqua Spa and main buffet by having a "rule" that tables are to be occupied by diners only between 12 and 2.30. There were several large card playing groups on Solstice who took up tables in Windows and the Mah Jong gang were in Aqua Spa.

I suspect particularly in Aqua Spa the number of covers served could look low during our cruise (and perhaps give the cruise line a view the popularity of this venue was dropping) when in fact the issue was table space. We gave up even trying to get a space after Day three. What we did discover was how good Windows had become and DH may now be a lost customer for Aqua Spa as a result

A favorite lunch menu item for me. They are stopping it this week on Reflection as a pilot test for the fleet.

I registered my complaint.

We just get off the 14 days on Eclipse. We had grilled tuna and salmon several times in the Aqua Cafe.

• 1 month later...

Well all:

At this point what I reported on during our reflection cruise is now fleetwide....Andy, your sources on the Eclipse appear to have been incorrect. Cross them off your list ;)

The grilled Tuna, Salmon, chicken, pork etc is now gone from all ships on the aqua spa Unless it is a special that specific day.

They did however have a bevy of FOR PAY offerings there that seem to have sprung up overnight....imagine that?

Happy sails all!

Archived