No More Grilled Salmon or Tuna at Aqua Spa Cafe

Bobby Dee

Well all:

At this point what I reported on during our reflection cruise is now fleetwide....Andy, your sources on the Eclipse appear to have been incorrect. Cross them off your list ;)

The grilled Tuna, Salmon, chicken, pork etc is now gone from all ships on the aqua spa Unless it is a special that specific day.

They did however have a bevy of FOR PAY offerings there that seem to have sprung up overnight....imagine that?

Happy sails all!

Do explain more what you mean by for pay offerings- what were they, where were they being sold and what did they cost?

I, too, hope X keeps serving grilled salmon. If, as was mentioned earlier that this might be a fluke or pilot program, lets hope they don't replace the salmon with REAL fluke and pilot!! Yuk!! :rolleyes:

Actually just caught fresh fluke is wonderful grilled with butter and garlic. It's other name is summer flounder, and while larger than most sole, it is smaller than halibut. Quite tasty.

Pilot on the other hand is usually stringy and bitter.

Well all:

At this point what I reported on during our reflection cruise is now fleetwide....Andy, your sources on the Eclipse appear to have been incorrect. Cross them off your list ;)

The grilled Tuna, Salmon, chicken, pork etc is now gone from all ships on the aqua spa Unless it is a special that specific day.

They did however have a bevy of FOR PAY offerings there that seem to have sprung up overnight....imagine that?

Happy sails all!

Oh, NO !!!! :(

Do explain more what you mean by for pay offerings- what were they, where were they being sold and what did they cost?

Yes, please, don't just drop this bomb and then disappear!

WOW, how awful. There goes my lovely spa lunch. Now I'll be tempted to go have a burger and hot dog with my husband. :confused:

Meet me at Bistro on 5;) we could have lunch together if you don't

want a burger and/or a dog.

It appeared that they had taken space on the Aqua buffet and installed a juicing machine that could provide you any kind of fruit or vegetable shake for a fee. Something akin to a cruise "jamba juice" if you will. These were being charged out at $5 I believe ++ of course.

The portions were tiny, more plate than food. Nowhere really to sit on the solstice class of ships. Sadly one crew member had to spend the entire hour we were there pulling plates out of the refrigerator below as it was busy.

Happy Sails.

I was on Reflection TA for 16 nts and had lunch in the Aqua Spa cafe several times. Unlike Brad, who reported getting grilled salmon on embarkation day, I was told no more grilled salmon, tuna or chicken. Every time I went up there I asked about it and was always told the same thing - not available.

They had entrees one could order which rotated every 3 days. One was grilled shrimp with a mango chutney and some greens. Another one was grilled char. I think they had some kind of poached dish as well.

As for pay items, I didn't notice any pay "entrees" but there were a lot of yogurt/smoothie things for sale ($5) - I don't think that's new though.

It was very hard to get seats there even without mahjong players. There were only 5-6 small tables.

Food was tasty and it is still a nice alternative. I didn't hear any word about whether the changes would be fleetwide.

Honestly, I could live with it if they instituted a $5 charge for hot prepared items at the Aqua Spa, because it's something I really enjoy. I'd much rather they charged a fee than take it away entirely.

I hope this gets resolved before my next cruise. Last cruise I had salmon for lunch every day. I guess I can order an extra salmon entree each night and save it for lunch the next day. I think my lunch salmon (which obviously was cooked to order) was the best tasting food I had on entire cruise.

I hope this gets resolved before my next cruise. Last cruise I had salmon for lunch every day. I guess I can order an extra salmon entree each night and save it for lunch the next day. I think my lunch salmon (which obviously was cooked to order) was the best tasting food I had on entire cruise.

I doubt they use wild salmon. Most likely it is farmed. We shouldn't eat farmed salmon more than once a week.

This is being done in the cafe fleetwide now. The staff are really excellent and tried at one point to get us some grilled salmon however it came out frozen in the center still and badly grilled.... Celebrity fail on this one.... but I sure bet they are saving money.

Safe sails to all!

I doubt they use wild salmon. Most likely it is farmed. We shouldn't eat farmed salmon more than once a week.

I shouldn't eat 4 meals a day or ice cream 3 times a day for 7 straight days either. Or try to "get my monies worth" from the drink passage.

I figure if it is "ok" to eat salmon once a week, that means I can eat it 52 times a year. I just do it in 20 or so cruise days a year!!

I shouldn't eat 4 meals a day or ice cream 3 times a day for 7 straight days either. Or try to "get my monies worth" from the drink passage.

I figure if it is "ok" to eat salmon once a week, that means I can eat it 52 times a year. I just do it in 20 or so cruise days a year!!

Your Salmon Logic cannot be beat.....but you wont be having it at the aqua spa cafe anymore!!!!

Safe sails!

Since Celebrity decided to cut back and no longer serve lunch in the MDR during port days, we have been content to eat in the Aqua Spa café (where we eat during embarkation day and often for breakfast). But now that they are taking away the fresh grilled items (apparently except for their one "special" of the day as was reported), we are reconsidering our long term cruising options.

If Celebrity continues to cut back on those special items which make them different, then there is no need to pay the higher cruise prices and we will begin cruising more on Princess and Royal Caribbean. (This is not an idle threat, we cruise frequently and are already at the Elite status on Princess as well as Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean). We cruise on the different cruise lines depending on who we are cruising with (family with children or just ourselves) and the experience we are seeking. With the changes Celebrity is continuing to make, they are becoming more like their competitors, rather than continuing to distinguish themselves and offering a different cruising experience.

And while they may decide to begin offering the things they used to offer at a charge, if we have to pay additional charges to get that which was originally offered on Celebrity (and which made them unique), then we might as well cruise one of the higher end all inclusives cruise lines, because by the time you add in all of the additional charges, you are really paying close to the same.

Grilled Salmon and Tuna were the reason for going to the aqua spa cafee. I wonder haow they are going to evaluate the pilot, based on one cruise? Maybe they should ask us frequent cruiser what we think about this change.

Instead of reducing the warm dishes, I would also like to have more healthy food onboard the ships, at the aqua spa cafee or in someother place. For example grilled vegetables, Hummus, grilled chiken, wild rice, etc.

We also cruise Aqua class for the healthier meal offerings.

I am a vegetarian and the salmon and tuna in the Aqua Spa Cafe were my lunch most days.

It would be nice if somehow Celebrity made some kind of lunch available for the Aqua class cruisers now that they've taken this option away from us.

I am a vegetarian and the salmon and tuna in the Aqua Spa Cafe were my lunch most days.

It would be nice if somehow Celebrity made some kind of lunch available for the Aqua class cruisers now that they've taken this option away from us.

The Aqua Spa Cafe was open to all passengers not just those in AQ cabins. We also miss those options in that cafe. I guess they feel that there are plenty of options to meet everyone's needs and wants in the buffet.

Hi, The Aqua Spa Cafe is open to every cabin category on the ship,

it is not only for Aqua Class passengers.

Archived