No More Grilled Salmon or Tuna at Aqua Spa Cafe

Bobby Dee

A favorite lunch menu item for me. They are stopping it this week on Reflection as a pilot test for the fleet.

I registered my complaint.

hmm - that is disappointing. Perhaps they didn't have enough demand to justify having it availabe up in the Aqua Spa. We'll be on Reflection the next two weeks and we frequently use the Aqua Spa cafe as our brunch spot.

We've alway sappreciated how fresh the food is there considering they're miles from any market! :rolleyes:

A favorite lunch menu item for me. They are stopping it this week on Reflection as a pilot test for the fleet.

:( That was my lunch almost every day on our recent 35 day cruise on the Solstice. :(

How do we register complaints?

It's not well advertised. If you went to the Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch, you would have to look to see a menu posted offering these things. It's my favorite place for embarkation lunch while everyone else heads to the buffet or bistro. :(

I'm telling you, prepare to take quarters with you when they put a pay lock on the toilets in your stateroom......and be prepared for a choice of "included" tuna fish or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at dinner, or choose to order from the ala carte menu for a fee.

Celebrity is changing..... As I've said on other threads, if they can keep cutting back and still keep over 800,000 boarding passengers a year happy, then this cost cutting is a good move for the corporation...but at some point, passengers will start to look at alternatives. That's normal business....celebrity is no different....

This is exactly the type of food we like & were looking forward to having at the Aqua Spa cafe on our upcoming trip (November this year).

There was a similar cafe on the Oasis; we had lunch there about half the days on our trip, and breakfast several times as well.

I wish Celebrity would rethink this move!

Mary

No More Grilled Salmon or Tuna at Aqua Spa Café

Do they still offer other grilled items like chicken?

I'm telling you, prepare to take quarters with you when they put a pay lock on the toilets in your stateroom......and be prepared for a choice of "included" tuna fish or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at dinner, or choose to order from the ala carte menu for a fee.

Celebrity is changing..... As I've said on other threads, if they can keep cutting back and still keep over 800,000 boarding passengers a year happy, then this cost cutting is a good move for the corporation...but at some point, passengers will start to look at alternatives. That's normal business....celebrity is no different....

Seems a bit severe. If they lose pax, they will adjust accordingly.

I suspect it's economics. 'We", the cruising public has demanded more and more for less money. I'd pay more for better food, but most passengers want champagne on a beer budget.

Unfortunately it appears that cruisers are getting less for more money now. Nearly every itinerary we have checked for 2014 has increased significantly. The primary two Europe and TA we are looking at are each at least $800 a room higher than 2013. This same increase is not seen on other lines we have decided to check and is specific to Celebrity.

Appears to me with this new info about Aqua Spa Cafe that it is just one more way to decrease different items, staff etc (fill in the blank) so that the new CEO can make more profits as he previously discussed. Cutting Grilled salmon and tuna are two cost saving moves

We also are lunch there every day on the Reflection. We had a AQ cabin and never ate in the buffet. We were also on the Constellation and ate breakfast and lunch at their Aqua Spa Cafe every day. Seen many staff members having breakfast there also.

The salmon was our favorite lunch item. If they eliminate that we may have to start looking at other cruise lines and cancel some of the next 6 cruises that we have booked into 2015.

They may be thinking about eliminating the Aqua Spa Cafe completely and converting it into another type of pay to eat like selling pizza or hot dogs.

Total bummer! I loved the grilled tuna on the Equinox this past January. It was a daily lunch for me...I would make a salad and put the tuna on top....delicious! I will register my complaint :eek:

Archived