LIVE from the Coral Princess - LA to FLL - 14 days - April 20 to May 4, 2013

Pia1913

Why May 14th?
The 2014-2015 Americas schedule opens for booking that day. :D

Pescado: Book one of mine some day. Or perhaps I'll book one of yours. We can then do LIVES in sync.

Someday, I'm sure. It's inevitable. We committed ourselves (informally) to the Caribbean while my mom is alone, but someday...I'll look forward to it.

Thanks again, and safe travels home (all, what is it, 30 minutes or so?). ;)

Kind of like leprechauns and unicorns, I've heard of the existence of people who've never watched Seinfeld, but didn't really believe it was true...until now. ;)

Thanks for the live from! I, too, am anxiously awaiting your comment from the Royal Princess, especially since I now see the ship as being more unavoidable than I once believed.

I think I have seen every episode of Seinfeld at least 5 times. Just finished 260+ episodes of Frazier and started back on the pilot episode, alternating with Cheers and Midsomer Murders. Life is good.

. . . Will be one of your loyal followers on your up coming Royal Princess cruise. I imagine that live from will set a new record high with views.

Practically everyone who belongs to this board is booked on that cruise -- there'll be no one left home to read it besides you and me!

I think I have seen every episode of Seinfeld at least 5 times. Just finished 260+ episodes of Frazier and started back on the pilot episode, alternating with Cheers and Midsomer Murders. Life is good.

Had to chime in to say that I love Midsomer Murders!! If you haven't read the books, do. Very well done; unfortunately, she only wrote about a dozen.

I see that Princess has a "Staff Captain". Does anyone know the duties of a staff captain?

Thanks!

Tom:)

He's in charge of the Navigation and Deck crews. The Staff Captain, Chief Engineer and Hotel General Manager all report directly to the Captain.

I see that Princess has a "Staff Captain". Does anyone know the duties of a staff captain?

Thanks!

We were just off the Sapphire coastal. It was very rough going to SF. The captain

could not leave the bridge so the Staff Captain substituted for him at the

Welcome reception.

Greg

He's in charge of the Navigation and Deck crews. The Staff Captain, Chief Engineer and Hotel General Manager all report directly to the Captain.

Thank you very much!!!

I!ve been on the Coral 3 times, twice to Panama Canal, and once Alaska! My very favorite of ALL Princess ships!! Perfect size, not to big or to small! Just wonderful!!! Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks Pia. We're going on Coral in Alaska in June, so this was a good introduction to the activities (although I expect ours will be focused on Alaska).

The Book Club webpage shows 1 book for Alaska cruises and a different book for Coral. Do they do both? Also a new book for July - our cruise ends July 3 so will there be a session for that too? We could spend the whole cruise reading and miss Alaska!

Good morning from Ft. Lauderdale where the sun has just now started to shine. Thought I’d check in with you before we go to breakfast in HC, which I’m sure will be a zoo. My barrista up there is getting off today too, so instead of my usual Americano, I will use my trusty Via. :)

Nothing to report other than we attended the farewell show, and enjoyed another performance by Rollin’ Jay Moore. We did not make it to the International Show. Getting up early every day catches up with you and I do like my sleep.

So folks, thank you again for being here and for your participation. Again I repeat, that the LIVES are only as good as the participants.

See you on the next one.

P.S. to Pescado: it's about 45 depending on who's driving ;)

and to Heather: End of Sept. We're getting on in Barcelona

Good morning from Ft. Lauderdale where the sun has just now started to shine. Thought I’d check in with you before we go to breakfast in HC, which I’m sure will be a zoo. My barrista up there is getting off today too, so instead of my usual Americano, I will use my trusty Via. :)

Nothing to report other than we attended the farewell show, and enjoyed another performance by Rollin’ Jay Moore. We did not make it to the International Show. Getting up early every day catches up with you and I do like my sleep.

So folks, thank you again for being here and for your participation. Again I repeat, that the LIVES are only as good as the participants.

See you on the next one.

P.S. to Pescado: it's about 45 depending on who's driving ;)

and to Heather: End of Sept. We're getting on in Barcelona

Thats great .I will have settled back home after my stint in UK for 3 months looking after sisters interests.

I know I will get an honest opinion always on your reviews Pia...Heather:)

End of Sept. We're getting on in Barcelona

It has been a fun 2 weeks - thanks :)

Can't wait to hear from you in September cause then it will be a short time for us to join in Venice:D:D:

I think we are all going to be glued to CC in June for those first sailing awaiting pics and 'live from's- luckily I get back from Europe the day before:D:D:D

Well, I sure had a fun morning. And a profitable one too. Went to the culinary demo; lots of laughs. We really enjoyed this presentation which is the first one we’ve ever attended in 67 Princess cruises. Then my shopper, a/k/a Mike, wanted to go the sale. Of course he did. ;) Well, lo and behold I saw the purse I purchased a few days ago for $128, reduced to half price. So with the exchange and repurchase and my 10% Elite discount, I just saved $57.60. I think I’ll treat him to dinner tonight. :D

It was just a great day overall. The weather for the entire cruise has been perfect; not a drop of rain. Mostly all sun, even the unbearably hot and humid spots. We had lunch outdoors today, something we very rarely do. And the passenger talent show was entertaining, even though there was only one person who could be considered talented.

So here I am as usual with my trusty glass of wine starting to bid you all goodbye. I just type and chatter. It’s all of you who make the LIVES so interesting. I’m always amazed when I see 20,000 + hits on what I consider to be my nonsensical banter.

Punki: I didn’t see nor have I heard of any corkage fees at any port. And I know lots of people who carried on beer and wine. Since I haven’t used my minutes to read the Big Board, I don’t have a clue whether or not the wine issue has been resolved or initiated fully. It still seems to be indigenous to the Golden. Yes?

Billco: Thanks for the book info. Jeannette Walls books are wonderful.

Pescado: Book one of mine some day. Or perhaps I'll book one of yours. We can then do LIVES in sync.

See you folks later or tomorrow. Still have minutes and internet has been incredible.

And I had just started to make it through the cruise without going to the sales ! I'll be thinking of that purse next time I'm at the sale ...:)