Allen Brooks

Just found out Allen Brooks will be the CD on my upcoming Oasis cruise. Tell me about him. Was looking forward to Ricky Matthews but oh well!

He was the CD on our Allure cruise that just ended. Funny guy. He'll lace up the skates too for the ice show.

Just found out Allen Brooks will be the CD on my upcoming Oasis cruise. Tell me about him. Was looking forward to Ricky Matthews but oh well!

We had Allen for Allure and one other cruise. Funny guy. His role on Allure seemed less than that of CD's on other ships, maybe due to the different show setup on Allure. In other words, I think the CD's role may be less of a factor on Oasis and Allure.

We love ricky also, but I have to tell you, Allen was great when we had him on Allure. You will enjoy him.

He was the CD on our Allure cruise last October. He is my all time favorite cruise director. I loved him.

Where did you find this out, and when is the cruise?

If it was from an email or phone call with RCI, I would disregard it as inaccurate information. They are notorious for this. (I maintain the CD list in another thread, and I've lost count of how many times they were wrong)

Ricky, who is currently onboard Oasis, has said that he will be there until June 1. Amy Fickert, who is the regular full-time CD of Oasis has stated that she will return from her break on June 1. The word from the CD's themselves, or from crew onboard the ship, is the best source of info. Allan Brooks is the regular fill-in CD on Allure, not Oasis.

Allan and Ricky can be contacted on social media, and there are some people here on Cruise Critic who communicate with Amy via email. Maybe someone can contact one of them to verify what RCI told you. Or, maybe someone who is currently on Oasis can ask Ricky, or someone else on his staff, and report back to us.

I just got off the Oasis with Ricky Mathews. He was good but I felt like he was almost a celebrity in his own eyes, not personable just putting on a show.

With Allen Brooks I liked him better, he seemed like he was enjoying himself and the way he acted seemed more like he was on vacation with us.

Where did you find this out, and when is the cruise?

If it was from an email or phone call with RCI, I would disregard it as inaccurate information. They are notorious for this. (I maintain the CD list in another thread, and I've lost count of how many times they were wrong)

Ricky, who is currently onboard Oasis, has said that he will be there until June 1. Amy Fickert, who is the regular full-time CD of Oasis has stated that she will return from her break on June 1. The word from the CD's themselves, or from crew onboard the ship, is the best source of info. Allan Brooks is the regular fill-in CD on Allure, not Oasis.

Allan and Ricky can be contacted on social media, and there are some people here on Cruise Critic who communicate with Amy via email. Maybe someone can contact one of them to verify what RCI told you. Or, maybe someone who is currently on Oasis can ask Ricky, or someone else on his staff, and report back to us.

Hi Donna,

My DW just told me today that Allan Brooks posted on FB today, "10 degrees celcuis in Montreal: GOLF!!! ... A perfect day:)".

So unless Allan is pulling our leg, he is home.

Hopefully the OP isn't expecting him this week coming. If the info came from RC it wouldn't be the first time they gave out incorrect info.

Andrew

Someone just reported on the CD list thread that they chatted with Allan, and he is NOT going over to Oasis.

RCI customer service is giving out incorrect information again.

Thanks again Donna. Will be on Oasis May 25. Gonna have a great cruise!!!

I just got off the Oasis with Ricky Mathews. He was good but I felt like he was almost a celebrity in his own eyes, not personable just putting on a show.

With Allen Brooks I liked him better, he seemed like he was enjoying himself and the way he acted seemed more like he was on vacation with us.

Funny description, as I like them both, but I think you are 100% correct.

Andrew

Archived