How many times on same Carnival ship?

skyeman27

How many times have you cruised on the same Carnival ship and why? We have cruised on the Dream 3 times and have 2 more booked. We like the ship because the port is an easy 5 hour drive for us, has 2 itineraries, and especially like the Cloud 9 Spa rooms and its amenities...

How many times have you cruised on the same Carnival ship and why? We have cruised on the Dream 3 times and have 2 more booked. We like the ship because the port is an easy 5 hour drive for us, has 2 itineraries, and especially like the Cloud 9 Spa rooms and its amenities...

For us the most is the Liberty 4 times and next would be Pride 3 times, many at 2. With the Liberty we went on her the first time for the Med and the last three due to itins and the Captains suite (prob a once and done thing, but loved it).

We've only done 4 Carnival cruises: Elation; Destiny; Pride (twice). Dream is next in July. We pick the cruise for the itinerary; also, Baltimore is a fairly easy drive for us, so that's why we've done Pride twice. We also sailed on RCI once out of Baltimore. Probably won't be doing Pride again unless it's a different itinerary.

We have sailed on the Spirit 4 times. First to Alaska, second to Hawaii, 3rd Mexican Riviera and 4th Hawaii (right before she went to Australia). Great ship and will miss her!

Leaving shortly to board Fantasy for the 5th time (if you include October's B2B as two sailings, which I do). 28 nights and counting.

Second time was only because the ship we were supposed to sail was moved to NO to use as housing after Hurricane Katrina.

Then, I was on her the 3rd time for her 2nd sailing after they moved her to Charleston permanently.

Then the B2B last October. Wait. That makes this the 6th time, doesn't it?

It's convenient. I love Charleston. Love the 7-night itinerary but not the Freeport/Nassau only, but I'm only doing this because I need a mental break.

Sailed Miracle twice. Love that class ship and had hoped to sail them all but now I'll have to go to Australia to sail Spirit!

Glory twice; 2nd time because I wanted Bermuda and she had one sailing from Norfolk (an easy 3 hour drive).

I normally sail based on itinerary, not the ship. The ship doesn't really matter to me even though they all seem to have their own personality.

Our upcoming August cruise will again be on the Valor. DH likes the larger ships so we won't be on the Sensation, Ectasy or Paradise again unless they have an amazing itinerary.

We chose the Valor this time not because of the ship but because of all the ports of call.

When we sailed her in 2010, they still had the "colors competition". We were in the disco, practicing our group dance, and as we were walking out I slammed into the beautifully cleaned glass door!! I broke my nose and busted my lip!! Went to the ships dr who just happened to be in even though the medical facillity was closed for the night. He looked at it, said it was probably broken, but wasn't out of place. They put steri strips on it and asked if I wanted to fill our an accident report. I declined as it wasn't anyone's fault, and I wasn't looking for compensation for the ship being clean!! DH was concerned as he thought the dr bill would be pricey. However we were never charged for the "visit"!!

This was the second to last day of the cruise. Went to our dr after getting home. Xrays confirmed a break. Dr. put me on antibiotics as I had broken the skin along with a fracture. I'm now good as new, and can't wait to get back on the ship!!

Port of departure is the only reason I've been on Glory (and other ships like NCL Gem) 3+ times. I prefer variety and trying out different ships, but if I can drive an hour and be on a ship--even better. No wasted day in the airport for the return home!

Been on the Breeze 3 times. Once was a B2B (2-day & 8-day), then went back in March. I am booked for another B2B in May. All of the itineraries will have been different and the Breeze has also become my favorite ship.

Joanne

did the Imagination twice because it was a nice long 3 day weekend get away, did the Inspiration twice because of the price and flying into st.petersburg/Clearwater right out of Rockford on allegiant is a breeze, sailed on the Dream twice because we LOVED the ship the first time, sailed on the Destiny twice because Loved the ship the first time and the ports so did the same exact cruise because the price was right

We've been on the Conquest 9 times mostly because she was in Galveston so long and that's our homeport.

Glory 4 times when she sailed from Port Canaveral, 1st time was a B2B but we just love PC and airfare wasn't so high back then.

Ecstasy 2 times again because she was in Galveston and we had friends going. I generally don't like anything smaller than the Conquest class ships.

Breeze 2 times, it was a B2B in conjunction with BC6 and we didn't want to do embarkation with all the Bloggers on the 2nd leg since there is usually well over 600 of them and most of us are Platinum.

And finally our Halloween cruise on the Magic will be our 2nd time on that ship. We are sailing with friends but again she is in Galveston our homeport.

Edit to Add: I've been on the Triumph once, but I'm sure when she gets fixed and comes home to Galveston I'll continue to sail on her and probably do B2B's since I don't like shorter cruises and I sail to be on the ship and not visit the ports.

Been on the Fascination five times and have another booked for later this year! We live in North Florida and Jax. is only two hours away. I love it but I sure am getting tired of Nassau! Mikey<><:)

Sailed 4 times on the Holiday and 3 times on the Celebration back in the late 80's when both ships were new. There weren't as many Carnival ships to choose from back then, and once I took my first cruise on the Holiday, I had no desire to cruise on the older ships. I've also sailed the Legend and Miracle 3 times each, mainly because they sailed from my home port of NYC.

I've done 7 on the Imagination. It was my first and will always be my go to ship. I am planning on going on her again before she leaves the east coast later this year. Why I keep going? Its hard to define. The crew is outstanding, the ship is clean, the 2 ports are fun, its a great long weekend getaway and the #1 reason, the price point for me fits my budget as a solo traveler:D.

Miracle twice for two great itineraries - Panama, Belize and Costa Rica (best cruise ever)

and then group cruise to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk.

Sensation twice. Our second cruise. 7 day to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica.

Second time was 4 day for Grandkids first cruise as an extension of Disney trip.

Glory for second time this June to Canada because it is practically next door.

Boston in just 4 hours. :p

We've been on the Conquest 2x with another booked for later this year, the Elation 2x, once from Mobile and once from NOLA, the Dream 2x to complete each itinerary offered, and the Legend 2x. We just love the feel of that ship and the itinerary.

For all of the above we have driven to the port of departure. We actually prefer to drive and these ports along with Galveston only require a 15hour or less drive from our home. We make the drive south a part of our vacation time.

We always try to book a cruise in December or January to get away from the cold Midwestern winters. If I am going to cruise then I want to optimize my chance for warm weather so I don't like leaving from the gulf then because the 1st and last days of the cruise are always much cooler. So we always choose a Florida port. We have driven to Miami a few times and decided that until we have a lot more vacation time we don't want to make that drive. Too much sitting just makes me stiff and achy.

Early in our years of cruising we had talked about trying to go on each ship. That goal has been layer aside for the time being with our new disdain of the airline system. However, in 2014 I will add 2new ships to my list of those saved. We will finally check a Hawaiian cruise of my list and will go on the Sunshine which even though it isn't truly a new ship will be a new to me ship.

Archived