Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

<snip>

I was very impressed with Captain Andre. I asked him if he would be on for September for Lina M (didn't know that copper had replied to her) and he took me into his computer room and gave me a listing for the entire year of what captain serves when. He said he knows that people on cc ask and I was free to post it. I was afraid it would be an issue - and he said certainly not - it's public knowledge.

So, I will post that later if people are interested.

Would love to see that list Kazu, thanks!

Jacqui, so glad you're having a good time.

Curious minds want to know: what was your up sell to?

We are in the Titus Suite - named for the designer of the Prinsendam I believe - aka - the Pinnacle Suite - still called by embarkation staff in Fort Lauderdale and the entire crew of the Prinsendam as the Penthouse:o

Is Buddy playing there this cruise?

yes Ruth C, Buddy is playing in tn the Crow's Nest - once I have more luck with copying and pasting I will do the entertainment list for you.;)

A couple of pictures of the Bermuda Sail Away.

PrinsendamBermuda6_zps8ebe184a.jpg

PrinsendamBermuda12_zps8223dde6.jpg

Thank you Glen & Copper - more memories for me when I return. The water was smooth in Bermuda but the waves will be picking up LOL - hopefully we will outrun the storm in Bermuda. Captain is changing course. Fingers crossed for a smooth sailing. The Captain is expecting one so far:D

Thank you Glen & Copper - more memories for me when I return. The water was smooth in Bermuda but the waves will be picking up LOL - hopefully we will outrun the storm in Bermuda. Captain is changing course. Fingers crossed for a smooth sailing. The Captain is expecting one so far:D

And, if it worsens, take ginger and enjoy the rocking and rolling! We love it when the seas pick up a bit...

Would love to see that list Kazu, thanks!

Here you go with my pleasure and the permission of wonderful Captain Andre.

His schedule:

Now until July 15/13

Oct. 14 - Dec 11, 2013

Mar 14 - June 15, 2014

Captain Tim Roberts:

July 15 - October 14, 2013

December 22 - March 14, 2014

So kind of him to share this with me:D happy to share with the rest of you:D

Suite fans - there was no sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge - instead there was a bottle in the room along with the bottle of water. In our case we did not receive the Pol Clement, but the REAL Mum's champagne. It just hit me yestereday:D

For those who have not been on the Prinsendam, the Neptune Lounge is on the port side of the ship - has the stained glass you see in the brochures and a verandah. The captain's wing is just to the left of it (yes he stands outside when coming to port and leaving).

Also, we received the most beautiful assortment of bath oils, soaps and various such things (a huge box) from our hotel manager last night. Very nice. Never seen it before. It went to all of the suites. Wow! Thank you Firmen.

For those interested in Collectors' cruises - we are getting a special Indonesian lunch at some time in our cruise (or so the welcoming letter said). As well, we may have to disembark for a short time in Tilbury - no biggie - somehow I didn't think it would be necessary but Jose and I had some plans for that day anyways.

I ordered hors d'hoeuvre for my guests today and they were wonderful. Very impressed. We can order them basically any time in the afternoon - so it works out well for the roll call's wine wrapping contest and wine tasting:D

signing off from the Elegant Explorer - time for dinner:D

And, if it worsens, take ginger and enjoy the rocking and rolling! We love it when the seas pick up a bit...

LOL:D No problem for me - just Jose. I packed ginger pills and he is eating the candied ginger every night. He learned after the last TA when he was not feeling well that some good old things like green apples and ginger can really help. I also bought him new adjustable sea bands if he needs them;) None for this girl:D

You have mail...waiting for you at home with screen shots of leaving Bermuda today.

The news just said they got snow in Gander NFLD today while we were 26!

Hope the seas stay smooth.

There was a very active thread on your Bermuda sailaway, Kazu et al, and even Topsham joined in. You are running a very popular show! Are you going to have a contest to guess the number of posts on this thread, too?

Just for the sake of accuracy, to correct the incorrect spelling :) ....

The much admired, very able Hotel Director currently on Prinsendam who is retiring at the end of this month is Firmin van Walle.

He has come full circle in his career. The first ship on which he was a Hotel Manager was Royal Viking Sun....... now called Prinsendam. :)

How appropriate is that? :)

Hi Sail 7!

Now just to be completely correct his first ship was not the RV SUN... it was the ROYAL VIKING STAR! This came up over dinner as he was talking about a painting of First and Last together.... STAR and PRINSENDAM.

Anyhow to be 100% certain I'll message him and check.

Stephen

There was a very active thread on your Bermuda sailaway, Kazu et al, and even Topsham joined in. You are running a very popular show! Are you going to have a contest to guess the number of posts on this thread, too?

LOL - we haven't started one yet:o. Who knows what the future holds?:o

I am going to try a copy and paste tomorrow with. More after my ipad group meeting.oops sorry edited tosay that the ipad is not co-operating - the symbols should have been big grins !.

Hi Sail 7!

Now just to be completely correct his first ship was not the RV SUN... it was the ROYAL VIKING STAR! This came up over dinner as he was talking about a painting of First and Last together.... STAR and PRINSENDAM.

Anyhow to be 100% certain I'll message him and check.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

How nice to hear from you.

I think our variance may be I said Firmin's first time as Hotel Manager was Royal Viking Sun...... not necessarily his first ship. :)

How special you were able to sail his last journey with him.

That must have meant a lot. :)

Be well.......

we may have to disembark for a short time in Tilbury

We had that in New York. Had to get off and so had to get US Visa wavers via the web which were pretty much a formality but a nice revenue earner. Maybe as our Govt are cash strapped having paid all those big bonuses for the bankers, they have picked up on the same idea.

In our case despite my cynical theories it was because the ship had an inspection, other cruisers told me they had stayed on in New York before with no problem.

Our one was a nightmare because we had two people who didn't bother to read any of patters and notices that came round and didn't turn up. It took half an hour or more (it was a long while) waiting in line with nothing happening while the ship was searched to find them. Even immigration were getting fed up with waiting.

If it is just getting off for an immigration check then you will be probally be allowed straight back on. If it is becase you have to be off the ship for a while then Gravesend is more interesting than Tilbury.

he is eating the candied ginger every night

What a good idea. I love candied ginger. I am lucky that I don't suffer any problems (so far).

When I had my first channel crossing there was a huge storm and it was very rough, even the crew were sea sick. I was so surprised when I came back and it was like a sheet of glass. I had formed the impression that all sea journeys would be like the first one. When we did our first cruise I thought, aha the big ocean this will be different, but the only problem I have had is walking in a straight line when it rolls. I'll take the ginger though, yum, yum.

You have mail

As have I. Thanks Gail. There are quite a few there to choose from.

I got back from the AGM just in time to see her disappear off the edge of the screen. Then the camera man adjusted the camera and followed her round the top to the island.

Archived