Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

looking forward to reading your posts. What a great roll call. Have fun everybody.

I just looked at the spreadsheet - what a work of art. Very impressive, very informative. And, it has given me lots of ideas for the next time I am part of a roll call. Job well done all.

I tried to look at the spreadsheet to see if it is something that we should do on our roll call but it said I did not have permission to access it. Any ideas?

I also get a migraine from travel. Glad it's not just me. Do us proud in the shopping dept or is it Ken that you can't keep out of the store:D:p:?[/

I shop, he sits and reads his book. The Galleria has a comfortable area for husbands to sit. I will do my best to help the local economy. :)

I like that mall. Buy a little something for me please. I have post cruise depression.

Yikes, this quote went bad.

Prinsendam's captain on this voyage is Andre van Schoonhoven, great guy!; HD Belgian Firmin van Walle on his last contract before retirement, CE Wilco Otten, DRM "Gildus", GRM Liezl Magtibay (joining in Bermuda) and CD Gene Young

Have a great cruise!

I just looked at the spreadsheet - what a work of art. Very impressive, very informative.

Rich did us proud with that, we can't stop thanking him for it. It solves a big problem with the roll call, that we can't have our own sticky post, so any information posted keeps rolling off the end of the thread and gets buried in the history. The spreadsheet stays in the same place and as things get changed is easily updated. We'll have to see if we can persuade Rich to prepare a simple guide as to how to set it up which could be posted for others to copy on future cruises. It has made life so much easier for everyone.

I tried to look at the spreadsheet to see if it is something that we should do on our roll call but it said I did not have permission to access it. Any ideas?

That is correct. Anyone can read it but you don't want anyone out there on the web updating, it so it is protected from hacking. However the creator can change it and can grant access to specific co-editors. On our roll call both Rich the creator and Jacqui maintained it between them. It is definetly the way to go, it is a pity that CC don't provide something similar for static information, but Google docs solves the problem.

Hi Bobbie,

You will rememmber Gene Young he was our CD on the Nieuw Amsterdam, great guy and travelled with his beautiful wife.

Ciao,

Cristiano

Ah, you found us!! Don't forget to wave at sail away. :)

Can one of you witches turn me into a toad so I can fit in your luggage and join you?

That should be a frog, then when kissed will turn into a Prince, appropriate for the Prinsendam.:D

looking forward to reading your posts. What a great roll call. Have fun everybody.

I just looked at the spreadsheet - what a work of art. Very impressive, very informative. And, it has given me lots of ideas for the next time I am part of a roll call. Job well done all.

Hi, wizard here. I wear that mantle humbly though as the spreadsheet is an idea I borrowed from one of our previous cruises and a great guy and fellow CC member named Steve. I'm happy to share it with anyone.

You should be able to follow this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AiCWg5l-MfQrdDVrUmFmRXl5MTdLejJxQW1vdEh4anc&gid=2 and have it appear in your browser. You won't be able to edit it as it is presented as a published website. Anyone with a Google userid can do this and I believe that Microsoft might have a similar capability on MS Live.

The spreadsheet is in a bit of disarray now as I had to make it more conducive to printing each page to a PDF file. This is a built in function of Google Docs and it makes it so easy to post here and download for electronic or paper viewing. We have all benefited from it on the roll call. Like most things though, it takes time and effort to keep it current with addtions, changes and deletions and for that, I must thank my co-editor, Jacqui, for all her attention to detail. She did most of the work keeping it current and I know learned a lot about Google Docs in the process. She's the best! JG too, will now take over the editing of the spreadsheet as we leave tomorrow and he joins us on 1 June. He's also been a font of information and keeps a great blog for our cruise and his other cruises.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. We've been anticipating this cruise for a very long time, over a year for many of us. :)

Your are at "0" Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!

The birds were singing as I walked into work this morning, it must be in celebration.

Enjoy your last land day for awhile:D

Hi Folks,

Larry and I arrived this morning from TFG and have checked into Embassy Suites. This is a great hotel and the location is wonderful. We will head to Total Wine this afternoon. We need to fill the 2 6 bottle wine totes that I brought with us!

We will see many of you at the reception this evening. So looking forward to meeting members of this great roll call.

I did wimp out and brought both the IPad and the MacBook. I needed a security blanket :o

See you soon,

Barbara & Larry

Looking forward to hearing all about everything that's happening..we should have been there with you today but unfortunately a gall bladder intervened..all gone now and recovering. Have a most wonderful time and enjoy every moment--it's been fun following along.

Wendy & Al

Hi, wizard here. I wear that mantle humbly though as the spreadsheet is an idea I borrowed from one of our previous cruises and a great guy and fellow CC member named Steve. I'm happy to share it with anyone.

You should be able to follow this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AiCWg5l-MfQrdDVrUmFmRXl5MTdLejJxQW1vdEh4anc&gid=2 and have it appear in your browser. You won't be able to edit it as it is presented as a published website. Anyone with a Google userid can do this and I believe that Microsoft might have a similar capability on MS Live.

The spreadsheet is in a bit of disarray now as I had to make it more conducive to printing each page to a PDF file. This is a built in function of Google Docs and it makes it so easy to post here and download for electronic or paper viewing. We have all benefited from it on the roll call. Like most things though, it takes time and effort to keep it current with addtions, changes and deletions and for that, I must thank my co-editor, Jacqui, for all her attention to detail. She did most of the work keeping it current and I know learned a lot about Google Docs in the process. She's the best! JG too, will now take over the editing of the spreadsheet as we leave tomorrow and he joins us on 1 June. He's also been a font of information and keeps a great blog for our cruise and his other cruises.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. We've been anticipating this cruise for a very long time, over a year for many of us. :)

Thanks for the link - it worked perfectly. I can see why they call you the "Wizard", that is one impressive document! All of the information on the different ports of call, the exchange rates, the calendar, everything -- WOW! It is obvious you poured a lot of time and effort into it.

Hope your cruise is extra special!

Looks like a wonderful itinerary. Do be extremely careful in Copenhagen! A few years ago, at the start of our Baltic cruise, DD had her purse stolen (in a good restaurant) containing passport, phone, camera, and wallet with credit cards, etc. She had to miss 4 days and two ports (Tallinn and St. Petersburg) waiting for a new passport, and join us in Helsinki. It was a great disappointment. I wish you all the best for a great cruise.:)

Bon Voyage, Jacqui! What a great cruise you are looking forward to. I’m looking forward to following your reports.

We just returned from the Oosterdam 37-day Auckland to Seattle cruise. It was excellent and made special by a great group of Cruise Critic people.

We met a lovely couple, Nev (I think) and Jan from Brisbane who joined us in Sydney. We spent many great evenings in the Piano Bar with them. Ask them about their amazing trip. They will be joining you on the Prinsendam tomorrow and will be continuing on on the Prinsendam for the 28-day Celtic and Baltic Explorer cruise!

Please say hello from Dan and Barb from the Oosterdam. They may look like lost souls looking for a Piano Bar on the Prinsendam!

Dan

419422589_NevandJan.jpg.93cedd0cc7efcce849534b3d0a6bb6fb.jpg

Archived