Enchantment not so enchanting...

WOW! You and I were on the same cruise but we sure had different experiences! My DH and I found the ship to be very clean in all areas. I don't know what filth you saw on the pool deck, but that was certainly not our experience. We thought that the ship was in very good ship and not showing her age at all.

We too were disappointed in not getting our sea day. Sea days are one of the reasons that we cruise, so we did not appreciate being tied up in Nassau for 34 hours.

As for the line the first day at the WINDJAMMER, why on earth didn't you just wait an hour and then enjoy a stress free lunch? Personally we were very happy to be able to board at 11:00 am and have a chance to walk around and explore the ship before most people were even boarded. We did not feel the need to run and fill our faces with food in the first ten minutes on board!

I have to disagree with you on this one; Spring Break is already over. They were definitely targeting us, and frankly it is was just plain harassment from Government employees. Nothing like ending a vacation cruise and getting roughed up a bit by some "peon" Customs guys with way too much power for their intellects to handle. I thought I would let you know how I really feel, lol.

Thanks for the info on the ship changes. I knew this was strictly rumor, but interesting.

sorry....but you are "categorizing" people as well by calling them "peons". That "peon" might have a Rolex at home !!!

all I can say is WOW !

Going on this cruise in July. I can't wait. First cruise as a diamond member. It's been 5 years since being on Enchantment specifically. I can't wait to see the changes. I wish the junior suite on Enchantment would be as big as the Liberty's junior suite size. But being on vacation on a Royal cruise for my 40th birthday will be the best!

WOW! You and I were on the same cruise but we sure had different experiences! My DH and I found the ship to be very clean in all areas. I don't know what filth you saw on the pool deck, but that was certainly not our experience. We thought that the ship was in very good ship and not showing her age at all.

We too were disappointed in not getting our sea day. Sea days are one of the reasons that we cruise, so we did not appreciate being tied up in Nassau for 34 hours.

As for the line the first day at the WINDJAMMER, why on earth didn't you just wait an hour and then enjoy a stress free lunch? Personally we were very happy to be able to board at 11:00 am and have a chance to walk around and explore the ship before most people were even boarded. We did not feel the need to run and fill our faces with food in the first ten minutes on board!

The Windjammer comment, please notice that I didn't use the term "Lido, was merely an observation people. We certainly weren't stressed, and I don't fill our faces with food. I am 6'-1'', weigh 180 lbs., and work out daily. And apparently you and I noticed different things. I saw what I saw, you saw what you saw. Gees, it's like you are calling me a liar (Well Lovey, we certainly didn't see any filth, now did we? Who does he think he is saying there was filth) LOL. You crack me up. :D

I would say that my past observations have been that most people head straight to the Windjammer (not Lido) upon boarding. Just an observation, and I was merely asking the question as to why RCCL would start boarding 30 minutes before the Windjammer (not Lido) opened knowing FULL well that there was going to be a bottle neck at the entrance to the Windjammer (not Lido).

As for those who questioned our Diamond Status, do the math. We always book a JS and you can see our cruise history in my signature. Yeah we in the club now people. Guess we get the pin and a free drink. Ain't that cool.

sorry....but you are "categorizing" people as well by calling them "peons". That "peon" might have a Rolex at home !!!

all I can say is WOW !

NO DOUBT. Have you seen what Government workers get paid, LOL. Dude will probably retire at 40 with full benefits.

The Windjammer comment, please notice that I didn't use the term "Lido, was merely an observation people. We certainly weren't stressed, and I don't fill our faces with food. I am 6'-1'', weigh 180 lbs., and work out daily. And apparently you and I noticed different things. I saw what I saw, you saw what you saw. Gees, it's like you are calling me a liar (Well Lovey, we certainly didn't see any filth, now did we? Who does he think he is saying there was filth) LOL. You crack me up. :D

I would say that my past observations have been that most people head straight to the Windjammer (not Lido) upon boarding. Just an observation, and I was merely asking the question as to why RCCL would start boarding 30 minutes before the Windjammer (not Lido) opened knowing FULL well that there was going to be a bottle neck at the entrance to the Windjammer (not Lido).

As for those who questioned our Diamond Status, do the math. We always book a JS and you can see our cruise history in my signature. Yeah we in the club now people. Guess we get the pin and a free drink. Ain't that cool.

I can see quite an attitude here and I have no doubt the custom agents had some good reasons to pick you.:rolleyes:

Unbelievable!:eek:

To think that U.S. Customs would "target" someone for some reason.:rolleyes:

Amazing how some people do not trust our federal government.

Imagine what this country would be like if federal departments, like the IRS were to target certain groups.:rolleyes:

:D Funny!

But as far as Customs goes, he was just upset that he had to wait with the common folk. No upper class Rolex wearing line to be found :D

:D Funny!

But as far as Customs goes, he was just upset that he had to wait with the common folk. No upper class Rolex wearing line to be found :D

While that might have been an issue I think his Point was that one of the low class, unwashed, non-Rolex wearing custom agents attempted to search him:eek:

Originally Posted by daljettjockie

One crew member told us that the Enchantment is leaving the fleet after the arrival of Quantum, and that the Grandeur will be replacing her. Strictly a rumor, but interesting to say the least. She said that the Explorer will replace the Grandeur out of Baltimore.

Explorer is leaving Bayonne just before Quantum arrives. Enchantment is not scheduled to go away from PC at this time.

After I posted I thought better of what I said. Was thinking the ship was still in Baltimore.

There is no rumor that I've ever heard of the ship leaving the fleet.

The OP certainly must have misunderstood

I smell the strong aroma of Entitlement.

No, not entitlement. What I do expect is not to be harassed by Customs while getting off of a Cruise Ship vacation as I would also expect for all of you. We are hard working people (I still have another job even though I am retired from the airline) who pay high taxes. I don't expect Customs to search me so they can possibly catch me smuggling something which would allow them to extract more money from me. We were honest on our Dec Form, and the supervisor tried to tell me that we were singled out because we put down 0 for our amount of purchases. What???? So the morale is to lie on your form? That's baloney. I displayed no attitude at all towards the agent. I did get aggravated after I saw him spot the watch and pull us aside. It was so obvious. I regret saying that it was a Rolex because of the comments I am getting, and I stated exactly what I perceived to be happening. People are taking offense to that. Well it may have not been PC to say that, but I am so sick and tired of people sanitizing their opinions to be PC.

If you are diamond I have never heard a diamond member that has been sailing RCI as long as you refer to the Windjammer as the "Lido" but that's just me!

What I have a problem with as a person being a "minority" is the insinuation that minorities were somehow not targeted in customs because they were somehow in a different class of people as you because you perceive yourself to be of an upperclass of people because you wear expensive jewelry. I may be reading too much into it but that is the way I took it! Some things I think people ought to keep to themselves or choose their words differently.

Amazing how so many "minorities" will take any opportunity to twist and turn any situation around to how they are being victimized.

Interesting, though, when other "minorities" feel they are being singled out or profiled, somehow it's perfectly OK to scream like a stuck pig and get people like Al Sharpton and his followers involved for a protest, but when a white person feels the same, "minorities" will get offended over that as well! So just stop being so paranoid and get over yourself... it's not always about you. White people can be targeted too .. I should think you'd enjoy seeing that.

No, not entitlement. What I do expect is not to be harassed by Customs while getting off of a Cruise Ship vacation as I would also expect for all of you. We are hard working people (I still have another job even though I am retired from the airline) who pay high taxes. I don't expect Customs to search me so they can possibly catch me smuggling something which would allow them to extract more money from me. We were honest on our Dec Form, and the supervisor tried to tell me that we were singled out because we put down 0 for our amount of purchases. What???? So the morale is to lie on your form? That's baloney. I displayed no attitude at all towards the agent. I did get aggravated after I saw him spot the watch and pull us aside. It was so obvious. I regret saying that it was a Rolex because of the comments I am getting, and I stated exactly what I perceived to be happening. People are taking offense to that. Well it may have not been PC to say that, but I am so sick and tired of people sanitizing their opinions to be PC.

Please dont regret anything. We live in a time where targeting people by "officials" is commonplace and sanctioned.THAT Is where the REAL "entitlement" is. Did they askabout your religion, your emails and Facebook postings at Customs. It is coming.

I was pulled aside at Cape Liberty by customs as I was female, traveling on my own, and because I was meeting up with cousin in Manhatten, I think he thought I was going to runaway to live there.

He asked everything under the sun. What time my flight was home, who I live with, what my job is, how long have I been in that job, am I happy in my job, do I have family in the US (which I answered yes as my Aunt lives in Brewster NY), is she a resident or citizen? It just went on and on. He checked my bags and then let me go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing how so many "minorities" will take any opportunity to twist and turn any situation around to how they are being victimized.

Interesting, though, when other "minorities" feel they are being singled out or profiled, somehow it's perfectly OK to scream like a stuck pig and get people like Al Sharpton and his followers involved for a protest, but when a white person feels the same, "minorities" will get offended over that as well! So just stop being so paranoid and get over yourself... it's not always about you. White people can be targeted too .. I should think you'd enjoy seeing that.

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing, but I knew I would have been pummeled!

Thank you! I was going to say the same thing, but I knew I would have been pummeled!

I am just -VERY- tired of the accepted double standard when it comes to reverse racism in our country.

Nothing like ending a vacation cruise and getting roughed up a bit by some "peon" Customs guys with way too much power for their intellects to handle. I thought I would let you know how I really feel, lol.

This is the way you talk about a Customs agent....calling him a "peon," and insulting his intellect, then you go on and call other people on this thread "attack dogs?" Really?!

Wow. :rolleyes:

I can see quite an attitude here and I have no doubt the custom agents had some good reasons to pick you.:rolleyes:

Bingo.

Don't care if I get flamed but this is true.

This is the way you talk about a Customs agent....calling him a "peon," and insulting his intellect, then you go on and call other people on this thread "attack dogs?" Really?!

Bingo.

They "picked" on him prior to the "attitude." The incident started with THEIR attitude. This type of "targeting" is being exposed everywhere in our government today. If a wide percentage of certain folks are singled out...it is called "profiling" and RIGHTLY, there is an uproar and outrage and perhaps even lost jobs and criminal complaints.

But TODAY, we learn that if it is done in REVERSE...it is "bad cusomer service" and nothing is done about it.

I have nodoubt this attitude runs rampant in all parts of the government today. And it results in....BONUSES and PROMOTIONS...not lost jobs and criminal complaints.

Bingo.

I had to deal with FAA, TSA, DHS, and Customs personnel on a regular basis in the course of my airline career spanning 28 years, and they all had complete power over us. We were always told to never challenge them because it would only make things worse. Instead you were supposed to remain quiet, go along, and then contact your Company Supervisor. I have seen Flight Attendants harassed over a couple of bottles of liquor they wanted to bring back for friends. Seeing fellow Pilots threatened with costly fines and suspensions for making honest mistakes. There were serious double standards between how they treated us and how they were admonished when they made mistakes.

I guess I do have some dis-taste for government employees, and in this case I was not suppose to question their motives. BS! I called them out, and I would do it again.

This is why I don't post because the attack dogs come out. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term dogs in the previous sentence for fear of offending any dogs.

Just posted what I saw; keeping it real dog. Oops, there I ago again with the dog. Sorry, may bad.

I am so, so, sorry for misusing the term Lido instead of the coveted Windjammer name. I am Platinum on Carnival as well so I guess I cross used the term. You people are so sensitive.quote]

You people? Who is "you people"?!?:eek: LOL

Archived