!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee, you certainly outdid yourself today with those pics from Horseshoe Bay. Or it should be called Unbrella Bay. I don't think I ever saw so many umbrellas on that beach before. But, sure added to the coloring in the pictures. Of course did not outdo the pictures of that beautiful water. I agree, it has to be the most beautiful beach I have ever seen.

I loved the pictures of the longtail birds too. They are just too cute. Except for the one that tried to attack you. I love watching birds, even in my back yard.

Although I really miss not being able to be there this week, this is certainly the next best thing. Thank you so much. Your review came just in time for me.

You really need a career change. You need to have those pictures published in some travel magazines. Just awesome. Love those night time pictures too.

Thanks again,

Gwen :)

You know MSC has cruises out of Ft.lauderdale that go to Bermuda. I think they had one this past April.

Friend of mine went on the MSC to Bermuda a few months ago. It's an Italian based ship and she didn't like the variety of food at all, but if you like pasta you'll be OK. She said the meat was horrible. But she did like Bermuda!

The long tails nest in the cliffs so you may have inadvertently come too close to one of them, hence the attack. They can be pretty protective over their domains. The photos are beautiful though - the Bermuda Dept of Tourism needs to pay you for the free promotion of Bermuda.

Hi again!

qvenedandan ~ yes you can use tokens on the bus too. We bought a couple & used them when we took the bus back from the Sea Glass beach. I think you save by buying them rather than using coins.

Gambee ~ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those beautiful beach pictures & the Longtails!!

I never wanted to go to Bermuda until I read Radio's review & am so glad I did. It's so lovely with the beautiful blue water, pink sand beaches, pastel houses & clean white roofs!

Did you go to the museum, beach & Dolphinarium right there at the Dockyard?

Looking forward to your Breeze review in a couple of months. You might just get me booking that as I really liked Carnival (Dream).

~ Jo ~ :)

Gambee, Gambee, Gambee, you certainly outdid yourself today with those pics from Horseshoe Bay. Or it should be called Unbrella Bay. I don't think I ever saw so many umbrellas on that beach before. But, sure added to the coloring in the pictures. Of course did not outdo the pictures of that beautiful water. I agree, it has to be the most beautiful beach I have ever seen.

I loved the pictures of the longtail birds too. They are just too cute. Except for the one that tried to attack you. I love watching birds, even in my back yard.

Although I really miss not being able to be there this week, this is certainly the next best thing. Thank you so much. Your review came just in time for me.

You really need a career change. You need to have those pictures published in some travel magazines. Just awesome. Love those night time pictures too.

Thanks again,

Gwen :)

No kidding, send some in to the Sun Sentinel, they publish in the Travel section each Sunday.

DSC08759_zps30cc11c2.jpg

It really does floor me that NCL has gone back to the single line, two-sided buffet rather than the islands. This feels like they're going backward in that respect, as opposed to forward. Nevertheless, I will eat there and love it anyway! I've always liked NCL's choices of ethnic foods in the buffet, though I will need to plan for patience with this old school format. :( Thanks for the pics!

Also, wanted you to know that we used your pictures to compare my brand new iPad mini with the iPad 2 to see if the naked eye could really see the difference. Yep, we can! Beautiful pictures!

Edited by McDebbie

It really does floor me that NCL has gone back to the single line, two-sided buffet rather than the islands. This feels like they're going backward in that respect, as opposed to forward. Nevertheless, I will eat there and love it anyway! I've always liked NCL's choices of ethnic foods in the buffet, though I will need to plan for patience with this old school format. :( Thanks for the pics!

Agreed. I like the way the buffet is set up on Solstice class ships (nice for a buffet at any rate)!

Tom

]

I fully expected the answer as its a very small group of us who would be interested.I truly thank you for all that you've posted. Im a visual kinda guy and seeing the pics makes realize I must book soon.

Edited by don24

Agreed. I like the way the buffet is set up on Solstice class ships (nice for a buffet at any rate)!

Tom

OMG, Tom! My DH just said the same thing! It's a key reason why we prefer those ships.

Hi Gambee hun even though you didn't realize it or maybe you did, you have great shots of my 9th floor s7 suite forward thank you. Do you know what is right under the 9th floor forward? What are the lights for above all the ropes? BTW I bring my own snorkel gear too, yech using the rentals lol

OMG, Tom! My DH just said the same thing! It's a key reason why we prefer those ships.

We had the Epic booked for next January, but when some friends of ours booked the Reflection for a sailing a couple of weeks earlier... well, it wasn't too long before we made the switch. Besides, NCL had failed to reply, even after TWO MONTHS, to an email I sent them about the nature of that booking (Latitudes) and I was kind of frustrated with that.

Tom

The rental prices.

DSC08616_zpsa7238384.jpg

Gambee -- what a great review! I know you did not rent chairs or an umbrella, but maybe you can help clear something up.

The sign talks about "returning" the items you rent --- that sounds like you have to carry the chairs and the umbrella to a spot on the beach, and then carry them back. Is that correct? I am used to places that set up the chairs/umbrella where you want them and then take them away when you are done..

Thanks,

Brad

Gambee: I totally agree with everything you've written so far about Bermuda. It's my favorite island, and I've been on a lot of cruises. Bermuda is just lovely, clean, not tacky. I love to ride scooters there, and explore brand-new beaches. Been there five times, I could go back there 50 more times. Serene and extraordinary: I remember riding a scooter one time at dusk from the beach back to the ship through a canopy of trees with chirping singing tree frogs, it was a great life moment. When I win the Powerball, that's where I'll be!

I also agree with the previous poster who noted that it's starting to get sad that your review is coming to an end. Such a convincing virtual vacation, that the virtual end of it is depressing! Can't wait to go.

thank you, that is exactly what I try to do with my reviews. To let experience what I did :)

I am glad I can bring you back good memories :). Like I said Bermuda has so much to do, that we will most likely be going back to Bermuda some day. You know MSC has cruises out of Ft.lauderdale that go to Bermuda. I think they had one this past April.

It is always nice to hear from a fan, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review :)

Gambee MSC was suppose to have a Bermuda cruise May 17, 2014 but it was cancelled and that was the only one scheduled.

Gambee -- what a great review! I know you did not rent chairs or an umbrella, but maybe you can help clear something up.

The sign talks about "returning" the items you rent --- that sounds like you have to carry the chairs and the umbrella to a spot on the beach, and then carry them back. Is that correct? I am used to places that set up the chairs/umbrella where you want them and then take them away when you are done..

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, You are just given your items and you have to carry and set them up yourself. However the guy who hands you the umbrella and the chairs expects a tip! LOL We were given a broken chair and we didn't realize it until we got to our spot which was pretty far down the beach--past the lifeguard station for those who know. My husband had to walk al the way back to the concession to exchange the chair. I watched the people next to us really struggle with their umbrella. They also take a deposit of $5 per item which you get back when you return the rental items.

At Tobacco Bay in St. George they set everything up for you.

All the pictures I post are taken in the day I post them, I work my pictures by days. So basically I don't even know what I have until I go to write about that day. I have to agree, vibe looked very uncrowded, and that is why I say that it might totally be worth it for some.

I don't think you can book it, they don't even have a host stand. I just sat there when I ate there. And like I said, I don't think I would pre-book restaurants about NCL ships again. I much rather play the freestyle game :)

Gambee, your pic of Vibe was taken very early in the morning. I was actually the first person it there that day. I believe you must have been standing directly above us (either on the stairs or corner of Sundeck). It did fill up more as the day went on. However, it was never as full as the other decks that day!- Don.

So I woke up rather late. I was going to post a short set, but I have to run to work. I will post it tonight, sorry folks. Had a bad night last night.

No apologies necessary my friend. Hope today is better for you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

You can find a lot of little places to sit and relax, it might be really nice when the water is warmer.

Gambee, I had to laugh at this. We just returned from the 5/26 sailing and, being from Connecticut, found the water temperature to be very comfortable! :p