Cruise Directors

April65

Anybody come across a 'C Noble'? I see he/she is on board Arcadia at present as CD, and Sarah Breton is to be Captain from 4th July...............

Christine Noble, has been a cruise director for a few years now. As I remember she was average. Sarah Breton was Captain of Aurora last year but I never sailed with her. She got off and Neil Turnbull got on the day we sailed.:)

We have just returned from a week on Arcadia and Christine Noble was our cruise director. We thought that she was excellent. She was around the ship alot and chatted to guests as well as leading her share of the activities.

I think she must have been around a long time as my Mum said she was their cruise director on their first cruise and that was back when Victoria was still in service!!!

We have just returned from a week on Arcadia and Christine Noble was our cruise director. We thought that she was excellent. She was around the ship alot and chatted to guests as well as leading her share of the activities.

I think she must have been around a long time as my Mum said she was their cruise director on their first cruise and that was back when Victoria was still in service!!!

Crikey, she has been around a long time, Victoria died in 1901!!!!:eek:

• 1 month later...

According to P&O website, Lean De Ste Croix is currently on Oceana until Sept 1st. Good news for all of us who sail on her this month. Best CD I have come across although Christine Noble is at least very visible around the ship.

According to P&O website, Lean De Ste Croix is currently on Oceana until Sept 1st. Good news for all of us who sail on her this month. Best CD I have come across although Christine Noble is at least very visible around the ship.

Lucky people, Leon is a legend, best CD I have ever sailed with on any cruiseline, he was on Arcadia WC last year, he runs a real good British Sailaway, a right old knees up. And most importantly he will talk to anyone.

Edited by NSWP

Lucky people, Leon is a legend, best CD I have ever sailed with on any cruiseline, he was on Arcadia WC last year, he runs a real good British Sailaway, a right old knees up. And most importantly he will talk to anyone.

He was on Oceana a couple of weeks ago and i enjoyed the star party late one evening plus his lectures on the solar system and night sky. It reawaked my interest in astronomy.

We were on Ventura in the Caribbean 2yrs back and Benne was the cruise director. Plenty of sail away party's with one in particular a bit cringeworthy. 3 ships in port, us, Princess something and a German one. All of us issued with Union Jack bowler hats and flags and waving at our "cousins" from America and "friends" from Germany. All going well with party songs for the Welsh, Scots, Irish and English rounding off with generic party songs including The Music Man. The Guests on the nearby ships most have wondered what was going on as a thousand Brits all started singing the theme to Dambusters and flying about the decks in bowler hats and waving Union flags !!!

Have to say that Joffe and his sidekick Rob on the Indy were supberb last year.

We have done lots of cruises with P&O but have never attended or liked any of the sailaway parties. Nothing wrong with having a party if thats what you like and nothing wrong in being proud of your country but to play the theme from the Dambusters and wave Union Flag at a German cruise ship is the height of bad manners and is embarrassing and P&O and the Cruise Director should be ashamed to allow it to happen.

We have done lots of cruises with P&O but have never attended or liked any of the sailaway parties. Nothing wrong with having a party if thats what you like and nothing wrong in being proud of your country but to play the theme from the Dambusters and wave Union Flag at a German cruise ship is the height of bad manners and is embarrassing and P&O and the Cruise Director should be ashamed to allow it to happen.

This happened on Ventura in 2009 in Antigua. The Germans on Mein Schiff joined in and started waving white flags. Then each ship greeted each other with a round of applause. Quite touching actually.

Shilly, you feel like I do. Most of the sailaways are embarrassing. We just don't attend.

Each to their own then. People can choose to attend or not and the great british sailaways are always well attended (weather permitting). There are still places left on deck to enjoy the sail away and without having to endure the staged sailaway party. Personally Ive never felt embarrassed and its great when there is another ship or two alongside.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 5 months later...
We've had Hughie Taylor a few times, he is dreadful, why don't the P&O management know this? He is not at all interested in the guests & leaves most of the entertaining to his staff!

Ive got into trouble by voicing my (identical) views on Mr Taylor. Truly awful. Invisible, rushes past guests, doesnt take part himself. Surely enough people commenting on this on their end of cruise survey would trigger a response?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

Ive got into trouble by voicing my (identical) views on Mr Taylor. Truly awful. Invisible, rushes past guests, doesnt take part himself. Surely enough people commenting on this on their end of cruise survey would trigger a response?

Quite agree he was CD on Ventura last year when we were on and he is the worse CD we have ever had by a mile............entertainment was poorly managed and he was invisible.

He was on Ventura last year and agree that he's is next to useless himself, however the Ent team made up for it. Would rather not have him on a cruise, but unfortunately he is joining Ventura next week 15th and so are we. As long as he stays out of the way I don't really care as long as the Ents team are OK.

I agree that some CDs are invisible and some are around, but quite honestly they make no difference to my cruise at all. In fact, just back from Balmoral, CD was quite good, but it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference if he wasn't.

On Oceana last year, we had Nigel and he sounds just like HT. I know of very many people who gave negative feedback about him but he was still there in January. If stewards / waiters got even one tenth the level of negative feedback that he did they would be gone without hesitation.

I agree that some CDs are invisible and some are around, but quite honestly they make no difference to my cruise at all. In fact, just back from Balmoral, CD was quite good, but it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference if he wasn't.

I don't think their visibility makes much difference at the end of the day Jean but how they do their job affects all the activities on board. I enjoy deck sports (like quoits) and daytime activities and entertainments (quizzes, music recitals etc) and the CD can make a very big difference with those.

Well we hardly saw our CD on Balmoral apart from show nights when he introduced the show and then closed the show. The Ents team was super, we played quoits, darts, table tennis. It was all fine. It's been mostly the same on all the ships we have been on, so I don't know what difference the CD makes or not?