Princess sale June 27 - July 8

jetstorm

Thank you - I'm not used to dealing with Princess and didn't know that some deposits could be non refundable or transferable. I do know CCL had rates like those before but didn't know to ask about it on Princess. Do they tell you when you are booking just to make sure you know I wonder??? :confused:

No reduction for me. In fact the price went uo $360. PP!

Sure wasn't a sale for you then was it? My cruise wasn't on the sale either, same price as before. Maybe our cruise prices will fall soon. We can dream.

Sure wasn't a sale for you then was it? My cruise wasn't on the sale either, same price as before. Maybe our cruise prices will fall soon. We can dream.

The sale was only for selected itineraries, sailing dates and cabin classes. We were able to save $400.00 and get $100.00 onboard credit. So that means $500.00 total savings over our original booking. Also, kept the same cabin (we were happy with the location).

And, yes, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable (another good reason to purchase the Princess Care vacation protection, it will cover most things that would cause us to cancel).

Wow! Since the current sale price for a mini on your sailing is $1189, that means you got yours for $829 which truly is a great bargain. I don't think you will find a reduction below that even on a flash fare, so sit back and enjoy looking forward to your cruise. :)

Wow! Since the current sale price for a mini on your sailing is $1189, that means you got yours for $829 which truly is a great bargain. I don't think you will find a reduction below that even on a flash fare, so sit back and enjoy looking forward to your cruise. :)

I would love to know where you got the price from. The price from Princess Red, white and Blue sale for my saling is before tax $1639 and up for the minis.

I am happy with what we paided for our mini. Sometime you get a sale and some times I don't. And at time the price you payed is good.

The sale was only for selected itineraries, sailing dates and cabin classes. We were able to save $400.00 and get $100.00 onboard credit. So that means $500.00 total savings over our original booking. Also, kept the same cabin (we were happy with the location).

And, yes, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable (another good reason to purchase the Princess Care vacation protection, it will cover most things that would cause us to cancel).

Same here! Saved $400 on the fare and have an additional $100 OBC. Total savings on the cabin are now $2500 since booking last Sept.

Jetstorm:

Was the December 20th cruise to Hawaii listed from San Francisco listed and if so what was the price of a balcony? I made a reservation when they had a sale with the purchase of an outside cabin a free upgrade to a balcony.

Thanks!

Tom:)

Since this sailing is a holiday sailing, it is priced higher. Fares may come down but probably not until much later and IF it doesn't sell well. There is only one Hawaii sailing on sale, and that is the 11/20 sailing. I was offered a fare of $1599 per person for a balcony.

[quote=Bennett'sCruise;38936641]By non refundable deposit, do they mean you don't get it back even under the Princess Protection if you cancel for a covered reason???[/quote]

If you have a reason to cancel because of something covered by the Princess Protection you will get the deposit refunded by the protection plan, not Princess. I asked about this before making the change to the fare sale deal. The Princess Plan cost was just a little less than 50% of the deposit. Good enough risk for me when you consider that it continues on when you have made final payment or you have a medical issue while on the cruise. It is insurance after all.

My cruise is on sale, but I got a lower price and more OBC with the Balcony Bonanza sale a couple months back. There's still a lot of cabins left on my cruise so I'll keep watching. I have my eye on a Hawaii cruise, but my price from Celebrity for a similar cruise is still over $1000 cheaper than Princess. I guess I'll stay with my X cruise.

[quote name='caribill']I do not get that impression at all.

It says that all can get some OBC (up to $100) and those that qualify can get the military OBC.

FCC OBC and stockholder OBC and travel agent OBC and[COLOR=red] Visa Card OBC[/COLOR] would not be mentioned in a general announcement such as this, but they can also be applied as applicable.[/quote]

Would you mind sharing info about the Visa Card OBC? Thanks!

[quote name='Sea&Me']Would you mind sharing info about the Visa Card OBC? Thanks![/quote]

Princess has a Visa credit card. Charges to it normally get 1 point per $. Princess charges get 2 points per $.

The points can be redeemed for, among other things, OBC.

See [URL]https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1273&cellNumber=9&referrerid=HOMEPAGE[/URL]

First purchase gets you 5000 points which is good for $50 OBC.

[quote name='caribill']Princess has a Visa credit card. Charges to it normally get 1 point per $. Princess charges get 2 points per $.

The points can be redeemed for, among other things, OBC.

See [URL]https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1273&cellNumber=9&referrerid=HOMEPAGE[/URL]

First purchase gets you 5000 points which is good for $50 OBC.[/QUOTE]
Oh geez! I forgot about that one. I looked at it when it first came out several years ago, but your answer made me take another look at it. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='KruzPrincess']My cruise is on sale, but I got a lower price and more OBC with the Balcony Bonanza sale a couple months back. There's still a lot of cabins left on my cruise so I'll keep watching. I have my eye on a Hawaii cruise, but my price from Celebrity for a similar cruise is still over $1000 cheaper than Princess. I guess I'll stay with my X cruise.[/quote]

One of the promotions for 'my' sailing was specialty dining for two.

My travel agent said I can get you everything else for one price.
Or, I can use the promotion and charge you $200 more and get you the dining.

Archived