The Subject comes up again and again......

sail7seas

Carrying a glass of wine......

I've asked before and accepted the majority response that it is okay to carry one's unfinished glass of wine from Ocean Bar (or any lounge) to MDR to finish at the table.

What about if you have attended a private party? I often have only had a sip or two of my wine and it's time to leave for dinner. We were guests at the party and did not purchase the wine. Should I leave the glass behind or do you think it okay to carry it to the MDR? Will someone point at me and scream 'wine cheat'? :D

Carrying a glass of wine......

I've asked before and accepted the majority response that it is okay to carry one's unfinished glass of wine from Ocean Bar (or any lounge) to MDR to finish at the table.

What about if you have attended a private party? I often have only had a sip or two of my wine and it's time to leave for dinner. We were guests at the party and did not purchase the wine. Should I leave the glass behind or do you think it okay to carry it to the MDR? Will someone point at me and scream 'wine cheat'? :D

Great question.

I see nothing wrong with taking a drink that you have received from HAL (whether you bought it or were given it). I am assuming a private party is one that HAL is hosting - like the suite reception?

I have seen lots walk out with those glasses.

It's the wine from the cabin that I would object to.

Now, DH doesn't like me to carry glasses (and I always worry about spilling if we hit a rough sea) so I usually don't. (and I can be a bit of a klutz) But I have on the odd occasion.

Frankly, I think some are 'assuming' that wine from the Crow's Nest, lounges are wine from cabins when they are not. (but I don't tend to do 7 day cruisers and the demographics may be different)

Waste not, want not - if you haven't finished your drink that was supplied by HAL (bought or given) and you wish take it with you. :)

Thanks.

DH would be the one charged with carrying my wine but the point is the same. :)

Pam in CA........ LOVE you Boston Strong duckie. Wonderful!

Your private party vino has been provided to you by HAL staff and you may do with it as you please.

I`ve been known to take a few sips of someone`s cocktail when they leave the bar to dance in the Ocean bar. Especially the dance floor hogs.

"The only thing better than free liquor is stolen liquor." Rule # 33 Modern Drunkard Magazine.

Done it many times. They always serve wine or bubbly at those receptions and I will pick up a glass but rarely finish it quickly as drinking wine with just light food makes it go to my head too fast. We always go to dinner right after we leave the reception. :)

We were about to leave a Pre-dinner cocktail party on the Zaandam last month and the steward approached us with a tray of champagne and suggested we took one with us to dinner. Who could refuse?

Mumsy.

Perfect!!!! :)

Thanks all.

No problem ... we carry a drink from another bar frequently so we have a drink with us while awaiting the wine we've ordered in the dining room.

Best to have the person seating or greeting you for dinner carry the wine on a tray to the table so it's not accidently spilled on anyone. Normally, they'll ask to carry it for you and have trays for doing so. If not, we ask.

LuLu

~~~~

Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with this practice. I often take my unfinished drink with me to the dining room and can enjoy it while looking at the menu, talking with others at my table, and waiting for the wine steward to arrive at the table.

Last week we carried a glass of wine from the MDR to the Crow's Nest with no problems and on another occasion we saw another couple with cocktails in the elevator (don't know where they were coming from or going to)

Whether it is wine or mixed drinks, we have carried it from bar to bar or party to dinner. I am not a fast drinker either and many times I have carried my drink into dinner or from private party to dinner or sometimes another bar.

I have asked the bartenders on many occasions if it is ok and they've all said yes, so who am I to argue. So Sails carry away.:D:D

We have been at invited parties and had to leave to make our MDR dinner times... at first I left my unfinished drink ... next time the waiter offered to get me one to go and take to the MDR with me. I said thank you very much and did enjoy it between courses.

Archived