Chops

Looking at the menu EVERYTHING looks good, how do you decide which appetizer to get?? Can you have an appetizer and soup/salad? How does Chops work meaning do you have to pick 1 of each thing?

The price includes as many appetizers as you want, and one entree. Additional entrees can be ordered for an additional fee.

We were just on the Allure of the Seas last week. We ate at Chops the first night. My husband had 5 appetizers. No, I'm not kidding. It was an extra $10 for an additional entrée. At Giovanni's Table and the main dining room, you can also have as many appetizers as you want.

Looking at the menu EVERYTHING looks good, how do you decide which appetizer to get?? Can you have an appetizer and soup/salad? How does Chops work meaning do you have to pick 1 of each thing?

The decision process is an in the moment "feeling" because everything is really good! I tend to favor certain things based on what entree I am ordering. The shrimp and crab cakes are one of my favorites. The veal chop is not to be missed and the ribeye is my favorite steak because it is so flavorful. Dessert is a save room for sure!!! My wife swears by the red velvet cake but I stick with the Mud Pie.

I have a question about getting the title of this post in big bold letters. Every time I author a thread the title comes out in small leters. What's the trick?

We were just on the Allure of the Seas last week. We ate at Chops the first night. My husband had 5 appetizers. No, I'm not kidding. It was an extra $10 for an additional entrée. At Giovanni's Table and the main dining room, you can also have as many appetizers as you want.

5 appetizers!??! How do you even enjoy the main dish???

5 appetizers!??! How do you even enjoy the main dish???

My 16 yo son had 4 shrimp cocktails and probably half a dozen sour dough rolls in the mdr every night. :p still had no problem eating his entrée and dessert lol.

As a veteran of many meals at Chops, I just plan on taking the red velvet cake back to the cabin in a doggie bag (the wait staff is happy to do this)

With that decision out of the way I am free to really enjoy the meal.

The shrimp & crab cake is wonderful, but seriously try the duck salad- OH MY!

I'll be having dinner at Chops for the first time this sailing and now I'm really looking forward to it. I'll probably have 2 or 3 appetizers and my entree, with dessert back in my room.

Thanks for posting the menu Bob!

As a veteran of many meals at Chops, I just plan on taking the red velvet cake back to the cabin in a doggie bag (the wait staff is happy to do this)

With that decision out of the way I am free to really enjoy the meal.

The shrimp & crab cake is wonderful, but seriously try the duck salad- OH MY!

What a great idea. I never even thought to ask about dessert in a doggie bag. Has the red velvet cake always been on the menu? I haven't eaten at Chops since 2009, but don't remember that one.

I heard a rumour that you can order the mud pie without dining at chops for a nominal fee. I hope this is the case on the radiance next week.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Samsung Galaxy S3

I have not heard that rumor yet. Do you mean that you can order it from the main dining room for an upcharge? I hope that is the case. We try to eat at Chops twice every cruise, and then a couple nights I order the upcharge Chops filet in the main dining room. I'd love to get the mud pie too.

Enjoy the Radiance!!

I'll be having dinner at Chops for the first time this sailing and now I'm really looking forward to it. I'll probably have 2 or 3 appetizers and my entree, with dessert back in my room.

Thanks for posting the menu Bob!

I'm sure you'll love it. Enjoy

Archived