Formal Attire Requirements

bmtpsu

- there was a fellow wearing a cowboy hat - inside .

Some standard, base-line points of etiquette:

• Any time you enter a building, the hat should come off.
  • If it is an informal occasion you may put it back on but for a formal occasion it should stay off.
  • When sitting down at a table for a meal, the hat should come off unless there is nowhere to safely lay the hat.
  • When sitting down at a counter for a meal, the hat can stay on.
  • Out on the range however, keep your hat on while you eat. If you take your hat off, another wrangler might step on it or spill food into the rim.

Now all of the above rules are frequently ignored or modified depending on the locale, the situation, the people etc. So use your best judgment and if in doubt, stick to the above rules to be sure you're not offending anyone's sensibilities.

Sounds just like our conversations here, now dont it!;)

We should dress within the guidelines that Celebrity has asked us to dress. It does not say Black Tuxedo. Tuxedos come in many colors. For very little money I can get a green or even orange Tuxedo. As Auntie Mame said "live Live LIVE, life is a banquet and most people are starving to death." Richard

Hmmm. Formal dress code AND chair hogging! Nice try for a warm-up. When you're ready for a more strenuous flame war, add in that you want a smoking section added to the dining room, that you want late seating with your toddler, and that you wear lanyards with everything!:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I heard he also has the gratuities removed from his account as soon as he boards ; )

We're thinking that since we seem to be required by some to wear formal wear, we might bring the poka-dotted tux made out of Duck-tape. Think that will cause any problems? :D

I have a pattern for a cute gown made from Duck-tape as well. I was thinking lime green and dotted pink would be cute.

Will we offend anyone at our table?

We're thinking that since we seem to be required by some to wear formal wear, we might bring the poka-dotted tux made out of Duck-tape. Think that will cause any problems? :D

Only when he tries to take it off later that night. But then you always wanted a Brazilian hubby didn't you?:D

I have to ask... How many of the casually dressed people in those spec restaurants were looking down their noses and muttering how YOUR formal wear COMPLETELY RUINED *T*H*E*I*R* dining experience?!? :confused:

Are you SURE you didn't feel "out of place" since you were NOT dressed like everyone else?

Didn't dressing formally in an informal venue completely destroy the "special feeling" of dressing formally?

Did anyone mention you might be displaying a paucity of manners towards your fellow cruisers for dressing formally in an informal venue?

Were you not concerned that the Maitre D' might hand your husband a polo shirt to wear over his Tux? (or would he just wear it to the table and then place it over the back of the chair?)

Were you not concerned that you might be spoiling the other diners' "special feeling" of everyone dining in casual clothing?

Best laugh - AND THIS IS WHY I THINK I LOVE YOU! ;)

I heard he also has the gratuities removed from his account as soon as he boards ; )

But you haven't mentioned his constant use of ineffective walkie-talkies!

Is that all the usual bases covered? We've had dress code (tick), smoking (tick), tipping (tick), chair hogs (tick) and walkie-talkies (tick). Now surely someone will work out what I've forgotten?

But you haven't mentioned his constant use of ineffective walkie-talkies!

Is that all the usual bases covered? We've had dress code (tick), smoking (tick), tipping (tick), chair hogs (tick) and walkie-talkies (tick). Now surely someone will work out what I've forgotten?

Lanyards, service, price drops, no discounts for my state/occupation...;)

Not only do I refuse to tip but I also turn down my own bed and bring my own chocolates on board then demand a refund from Celebrity for my trouble.

DED : )

Are you that guy who wears his Celebrity robe to the Ocean View Cafe for breakfast? You should tie that robe shut with your lanyard.

Those Celebrity robes are awful. These days I travel with a Cunard robe I picked up on the QM2. They are so classy that I can wear them on formal nights together with my Silversea lanyard.

...where they MIGHT actually learn something useful.

...as opposed to just being immersed in PC propaganda in "school."

Funny you bring that up, going back in the late 90s when cruises first really started to become popular with families, you would not believe the threads on these boards ranging from kids should not be on cruise ships under any conditions, kids should not be on Celebrity cruise ships and then the obvious parents taking kids outs of school for cruises. The threads rivaled dress code threads or smoking threads.

Archived