Whew hoo!! Drinking Cliqout aboard Granduer!!! Live!!

DrNora

A quick 70 minute drive, arrived at Cruise Maryland at 10:15.

Short lines for luggage drop- we had tags already- parked car and were directed to the suite line , which was empty as we're most of the other lines

On board by 10:45.

Ship is clean clean clean!!

Heads to Windjammer for quick lunch

Finally tasted "honey stung chicken" which was an actually piece e of white meat and not compressed chikinstuff.

Toured ship, checked out concierge lounge.. Lounge much nicer than the one one Freedom.

Rooms ready at 1pm, still waiting for luggage

Interestingly, a group of contractors were arriving g and waiting to board when we arrived.

Pools are open, no smells anywhere....yet

No luggage yet but having too much fun to care '

RFS is a bit upgraded from our last stay in the same suite

"Small sinks" not a problem

Nora

thanks for the live update......what RFS are you in ?

I have RFS #8018 for an upcoming cruise....any info regarding that or your RFS would be appreciated.

I will be watching this thread for your updates and any pics if you post any.

Cheers to great weather and calm seas ~ enjoy your cruise....:)

Short lines for luggage drop- we had tags already- parked car and were directed to the suite line , which was empty as we're most of the other lines

Finally tasted "honey stung chicken" which was an actually piece e of white meat and not compressed chikinstuff.

Toured ship, checked out concierge lounge.. Lounge much nicer than the one one Freedom.

Interestingly, a group of contractors were arriving g and waiting to board when we arrived.

Nora

Onboard by 10:45? Earliest we have ever boarded in Baltimore is 11:45 and we're always in a suite.

Our cruise documents and set sail pass say that boarding starts at 10:30 AM for our August 30 cruise on Grandeur.

Mary Anne

Wow. That's early for any port. I wonder why. We're on Grandeur in March, hopefully we can board early too. It only takes us an hour or so to get to the port.

Nora

Enjoy your cruise! Can't wait to sail Grandeur next March! Looking forward to hearing about your voyage...K.O.:)

Onboard by 10:45? Earliest we have ever boarded in Baltimore is 11:45 and we're always in a suite.

something tells me that since GR is smaller pax wise than EN was that 1030 is more apt to be the 'norm' . Many people have posted the 1030 boarding time since she arrived post fire refurb.

our first time boarding EN ( late May) we walked right on by 11

our next( Christmas week) they packed us all in the waiting room and started boarding promptly at 1130. we happened to be literally the first on board (It was awesome to beat the rush to Park cafe!)

something tells me that since GR is smaller pax wise than EN was that 1030 is more apt to be the 'norm' . Many people have posted the 1030 boarding time since she arrived post fire refurb.

That was what my thought was also. We were on En in August, 2012 and boarding did not begin until 11:30. On board En again in Dec 2012 - first cruise after refurb and boarding was delayed until 4pm.

We will not be on Grandeur until 2014 so a 10:30 boarding time sounds great to us!

our first time boarding EN ( late May) we walked right on by 11

our next( Christmas week) they packed us all in the waiting room and started boarding promptly at 1130. we happened to be literally the first on board (It was awesome to beat the rush to Park cafe!)

Our first RCI cruise was on Grandeur out of Baltimore and I know we didn't board before 11:45. Something has changed.

Have a fantastic time! We will be on the 8/23 sailing after a cruise hiatus of several years and I am already in vacation mode though my job hasn't ceased yet. It is our first time to Bermuda and other than planning golf for each port day I am ready to relax.

Can't wait to hear about your trip,

I would almost say I am jealous but I see that your on the Granduer...

What an ignorant, ugly thing to say to someone that's on a fun trip. I hope I never have to sail with someone of YOUR small mindedness while YOU'RE sailing on the GRANDEUR or any other ship. That's all.

Archived