"European" sun deck on Oasis

That's not Oasis or Allure, it's possibly Indy or Majesty (have not been on recently) but in not sure this is even a Royal ship at all.

This photo was taken on Independence of the Seas last week (sailing of 12/15/13). In the background is the Solarium. I have also seen it on Majesty. As mentioned, I think there is only a small plate on Oasis/Allure on the wall at the St. Tropez deck. It just has the words "St. Tropez Deck" not the logo, although they seem to put up or take down the larger signs, probably depending on the origin of the passengers and/or where the cruise it out of. Independence is in Europe much of the year where it would seem strange not to have a topless area. On this particular cruise out of Florida, there were a lot of Brazilians aboard, and again, it would seem strange for them not to have a St. Tropez deck. The same would be true for Majesty which has a lot of locals from South Florida, where not having a St. Tropez deck would not fit in with the So. Beach culture.

Edited by ehfl

On the Explorer, I asked at Guest Services b/c a young woman had her top untied but sat up and bared all and then put top on. This was in a very public area on Deck 12 and there were a lot of children around at the time. I was told that if it occurred again to speak with nearest staff and they would contact Security as there was no topless sunbathing allowed in public. IMO it is probably on cruises departing from other countries as it is more widely accepted than in the US. On some ships there may be a private deck area available and I would imagine it would have some sort of warning to those passengers who would prefer not to experience it. There are a lot of Lifestyle cruises for the more adventuress.

On the Explorer, I asked at Guest Services b/c a young woman had her top untied but sat up and bared all and then put top on. This was in a very public area on Deck 12 and there were a lot of children around at the time. I was told that if it occurred again to speak with nearest staff and they would contact Security as there was no topless sunbathing allowed in public. IMO it is probably on cruises departing from other countries as it is more widely accepted than in the US. On some ships there may be a private deck area available and I would imagine it would have some sort of warning to those passengers who would prefer not to experience it. There are a lot of Lifestyle cruises for the more adventuress.

I usually ignore threads like these, but here I really have to react...

Topless sunbathing or naturism have nothing but absolutely nothing to do with "lifestyle" (cruises or not)...Wanting to have no sun lines on your skin or a fan of the free feeling of being nude has NOTHING in common with being a swinger (to what lifestyle refers to).

Most lifestylers will have no prudes towards showing there bare skin I'll give you that, but NOT the other way around.

I usually ignore threads like these, but here I really have to react...

Topless sunbathing or naturism have nothing but absolutely nothing to do with "lifestyle" (cruises or not)...Wanting to have no sun lines on your skin or a fan of the free feeling of being nude has NOTHING in common with being a swinger (to what lifestyle refers to).

Most lifestylers will have no prudes towards showing there bare skin I'll give you that, but NOT the other way around.

Well said - and nor will the sight of a topless woman traumatise a child ;)

Obviously people that think they are experts on RCL are not really experts;)

I was recently on Adventure of the Seas- there is a sign that states that the above deck is a topless deck- I should know- because I layed out topless:D.

Maybe it depends on the ship :confused: I don't know- I do not claim to be an expert- I know only what I experienced:)

Maybe it depends on where the ship is located. I have sailed Adventure from San Juan multple times and topless sunbathing was not allowed up on the San Tropez deck.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Must be European thing then because on US based cruises the very top deck on Independence is the Suite reserved sun deck.

The deck over the sky bar is for suite guests. There is a deck forward and up one level from the sun deck called the San Tropez deck. That is the area being talked about.

• 3 years later...
Some of your neighbors will not want you to do that.

They'll try their hardest to see your reflection, ... and when they do will be all upset because they saw you. :confused:

I go topless on my balcony every cruise. If you see me ... you'll live, ... I promise. ;)

Love to see YOU. Tell me when and where.

I recall a spot on the LOTS that was topless. I think it was just above the sky bar. There was always a rope across the stairs but no sign. I think it was the performers who went up there.

I suppose, it is always that way.

-Ravi

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,
I think you may have been dreaming.

On a recent cruise on RCCL (can't recall ship) I stumbled upon a small sun deck on front of ship that was good for an" all over tan" if someone was so inclined.Is there such a location on Oasis and where is it.Thanks I've got plenty of sunscreen,

Try your back yard.