Boarding denied? Why?

Seaworthy01

what would someone have to do to be banned "for life"??

Excessive complaining and always demanding reimbursment over questionable complaints is a good start. It happened to a CC member a few years ago.

If it's the one that I recall she was on CC telling everyone of how many comps she would get by complaining about everything.

And it wasn't just a bottle of wine or plate of canapés that she was getting. It was significant discounts on future cruises and refunds on current cruises. The cruise line involved monitors CC (as do most IMHO) and put the kibosh on her ever cruising again.

Charlie

I remember reading about that when it occured.

As much as any company tries to acquire customers, they also have the right to "fire" their customers.

IMHO, a customer has to act really egregiously to have a company tell them....."we don't want your money now, or ever again. Please don't even call us anymore."

I remember reading about that when it occured.

As much as any company tries to acquire customers, they also have the right to "fire" their customers.

IMHO, a customer has to act really egregiously to have a company tell them....."we don't want your money now, or ever again. Please don't even call us anymore."

Agreed. I fired a customer a few years ago. No matter what I did, I couldn't make them happy. It got to the point that they were costing my company money. Ironically when I changed jobs, I ended up going to work for the new company servicing this customer. I'd say they are now within months of "firing" him as well. At least I'm not his rep any more.

True story- We were flying from LAX to South Dakota on Frontier, and my wife forgot her driver's license. They let her on the plane with her COSTCO card, but TSA gave her a thorough pat down.

For flying TSA can look at other databases for ID.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids

FWIW DH was able to board with his hospital-issued BC back in 2006. We had Mom on standby JIC he wasn't allowed onboard. We were sailing out of Long Beach.

Going thru CBP at the end of the cruise the officer asks the extremely shy DD who that (pointing at DH) was. It was an agonizing few minutes before she answered, 'Dad.'

We have many travel stories from that one trip. Some trips/cruises we have no stories and they blend into the others. WE have about 10 stories from that 4 day cruise.

True story- We were flying from LAX to South Dakota on Frontier, and my wife forgot her driver's license. They let her on the plane with her COSTCO card, but TSA gave her a thorough pat down.

Yup. On the TSA website there is information about how they (the TSA) can opt to let a passenger fly if they don't have government issued photo id. Full pat down in such a case is pretty much a given.

Otherwise, what would happen if your wallet got stolen while you were out of town?

The TSA will use as much alternate, non-government id a person has on them to make a fair judgement you are who you say you are in the case of an emergency (lost wallet, left id at home with no time to return for it).

Just read a story about a girl who was put off her flight after she lost her passport. When it was found the plane turned around to get her.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/the-amazing-reason-this-airplane-turned-around-173929799.html

Great story!

While our flight to Rome was boarding last year, the woman across from us suddenly couldn't find her passport. The FA's got involved, they sent someone to search the gate area, this poor woman was in tears--she dumped her pocketbook and carry on bag out and went through every pocket. It was gone. Her husband was looking right behind her. It was terrifying for them. One of the FA's came over and began to search the area around her seat with a flashlight--and there it was. It had slipped down this tiny little crack between the seat and the wall of the airplane.

Next came the fun of trying to get it out. They tried a bunch of different things, finally someone pulled a wire coat hangar out of their garment bag and it was untwisted and they used it to fish the passport out. When she got it into her hand the entire cabin erupted into cheers.

Nice story.

Does anyone have a link to the "complainer" thread. I think it would be an interesting read.

There was not single thread regarding the individual mentioned in the article.

She was a frequent poster to these boards. Sometimes helpful but sometimes telling of her success in getting freebies from the cruise lines.

For another less sympathetic article on her Click Here. It has some Paul Harvey "rest of the story" information in it. (Like her profile listing her as a retired police officer when she was briefly a volunteer auxiliary officer.)

She did have her screen name changed here so finding her earlier posts is difficult.

Charlie

Thanks for that link, Charlie. All this time, I was thinking she was a cop, like she said she was. I'm actually a little relieved to find out she lied about her profession in the same way she lied about her cruise experiences. Even as an Auxiliary Officer, the department had to "cut ties with her." Seems RCI weren't the only ones.

Thanks for that link, Charlie. All this time, I was thinking she was a cop, like she said she was. I'm actually a little relieved to find out she lied about her profession in the same way she lied about her cruise experiences. Even as an Auxiliary Officer, the department had to "cut ties with her." Seems RCI weren't the only ones.
Yeah. The article that I linked to was really a more balance article giving 2 sides.

I do recall that among other things she also intimated that her husband was well connected in politics here in Ohio and worked for the governor. Of course like any state with a state income tax maybe we all work for the governor:p

Charlie

There was not single thread regarding the individual mentioned in the article.

She was a frequent poster to these boards. Sometimes helpful but sometimes telling of her success in getting freebies from the cruise lines.

For another less sympathetic article on her Click Here. It has some Paul Harvey "rest of the story" information in it. (Like her profile listing her as a retired police officer when she was briefly a volunteer auxiliary officer.)

She did have her screen name changed here so finding her earlier posts is difficult.

Charlie

All I can saw is "wow". What an accomplishment in life - scamming people and judging them (her mystery shopping). What a sad life this woman must have.

So would duct tape.

That's a hilarious vision lol That made me think of a post in the below thread where someone saw a woman's wig fly off her head when she came on deck. If you've got the time (a couple of days worth), this thread is worth a read. It's the funniest thread I've ever read on CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106893

That's a hilarious vision lol That made me think of a post in the below thread where someone saw a woman's wig fly off her head when she came on deck. If you've got the time (a couple of days worth), this thread is worth a read. It's the funniest thread I've ever read on CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106893

Funny stuff. And I only read the first page.

Archived