Southwest Flights through April 6, 2014

Buffalofirsttimer4

I didn't act fast enough. On Southwest One way SJU to DTW March 16 was $281 a little later this am went to $326. AirTran went from $221 to $281 in a couple of hrs this am. One leg is Southwest the other is AirTran. I was trying to decide which would be the best as far as getting decent seats. Which ever you buy thru their seating policy is for their leg, the other leg is what ever is assigned by the other airline & no way to change until arrival at airport. Guess I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

Anyone have an idea when the rest of April, 2014 will be posted? We're cruising on April 7 and returning on April 17, 2014. Want to book as soon as possible as fares are usually the lowest when they first come out. Also hoping we can get non-stop out of Austin to Ft. Lauderdale and back. TIA

Anyone have an idea when the rest of April, 2014 will be posted? We're cruising on April 7 and returning on April 17, 2014. Want to book as soon as possible as fares are usually the lowest when they first come out. Also hoping we can get non-stop out of Austin to Ft. Lauderdale and back. TIA

Will open flights thru 6-6 on 10-14. Look on lower right of home page and click on tools. Top of that page will state upcoming dates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

You can book non-stop right now on JetBlue for $228. Not sure how much lower you can expect than that.

You can book non-stop right now on JetBlue for $228. Not sure how much lower you can expect than that.

I can't imagine Southwest being any cheaper. I wouldn't wait to find out, unless I were a diehard Southwest frequent flier.

Been waiting to book flights for my March 9 cruise but the times are awful! We go out of Flint here in MI (nobody will drive to Detroit) and can only find flight arriving home 11PM ish. Too hard to travel with 88 yr old mom that late. Also would have to figure out what to do till time to go to airport, just too much. Guess I will wait and home for something a little better.:(

Been waiting to book flights for my March 9 cruise but the times are awful! We go out of Flint here in MI (nobody will drive to Detroit) and can only find flight arriving home 11PM ish. Too hard to travel with 88 yr old mom that late. Also would have to figure out what to do till time to go to airport, just too much. Guess I will wait and home for something a little better.:(

Southwest rarely, if ever, changes flight schedules. So if you want better times, I would suggest looking at other airlines

Southwest rarely, if ever, changes flight schedules. So if you want better times, I would suggest looking at other airlines

I check all airlines and our flight down is a bit flexible so I try different days also. I'm sure I will get something closer to what we can live with! :D

I didn't act fast enough. On Southwest One way SJU to DTW March 16 was $281 a little later this am went to $326. AirTran went from $221 to $281 in a couple of hrs this am. One leg is Southwest the other is AirTran. I was trying to decide which would be the best as far as getting decent seats. Which ever you buy thru their seating policy is for their leg, the other leg is what ever is assigned by the other airline & no way to change until arrival at airport. Guess I'll wait a bit and see what happens.

The above flight is now $521. In less than 48 hrs this happened. Sure wish I had purchased early Mon morn AirTran $221 or Southwest $261.

The above flight is now $521. In less than 48 hrs this happened. Sure wish I had purchased early Mon morn AirTran $221 or Southwest $261.

Check everyday, at least once. They change by the hour it seems. :)

Janetz is correct, if you have the time. I am recently retired so I check air on all the lines that come into my airport at least 4 times most days and my cruise price a couple times a day. Love retirement! I have everything ready to pounce on a decent price as soon I see one! :D

Spirit has cheap flights to Florida from Detroit Metro. Hopefully Southwest goes down by that time I go in March looking forward to use them if not I have to use Spirit.

new to cruising.

Is there a specific time of day that the new window opens up? Should I be sitting by my computer at 4 AM ? Looking for next window that opens October 14th

So am I. I've been told that 10:00 AM eastern is when the window opens.

One time I was trying to book at precisely 10:00 AM. It would not 'take". I called, and the rep suggested I refresh the screen; it worked. I was a couple of seconds too soon.

This week they were online before 7:30am eastern time. Act really fast in Oct. I waited a couple of hours and lost the good price. They just kept going up, Will keep watching all airlines for my area. Hopefully I will find a decent price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Don't fly Southwest often. But, do their fares go up/down similar to Delta and others? In other words, if a leg from Houston to Vegas was $332 three days ago and is now $380, is there a possibility it will change as other airlines do?

Yes. Southwest has frequent sales, but also allows prices to ticket upwards with time. So in the end, yes, prices frequently fluctuate with Southwest like all others. Some people may say otherwise, but as a frequent flier of "others" that often also looks at Southwest, they all do change frequently.

You can book a one-way with AirTran directly through their site. I do this all the time. I fly from Indy to Tampa a few times per year and will go with the one that has either the better price of schedule that meets my needs. If I need to use both AT and SW for my trip, I will book a one way on the AirTran flight. Mainly so I can pick my seat for $6 when I book. I then book another one-way with SW and purchase the Early Bird option.

I would not want to wait until I got to the airport and then be faced with possibly getting the dreaded middle seat.

The rate on the AirTran site is ususally pretty close to the one on the SW site.

JMHO

Anyone know when SW will open flights up beyond April 6? I'm cruising May 6-10, 2014 on a Pacific Coastal, and the "good" flights and fares on other airlines are already in short supply, not to mention hotels.

Roz

Yes! I can finally look at airfare for our spring break cruise! So sick of Delta, etc wanting $800 per person :mad:

Dates and cities?

You can book right now on Delta for $239 round trip. (Or as someone else said, Jet Blue for a few dollars less.) The Delta isn't nonstop (not sure about the Jet Blue), but frankly at those prices I'd be booking one or the other ASAP instead of waiting around worrying about what Southwest's price MIGHT be.

Archived