Postcard Crown Princess 1991

Iamcruzin

I was visiting my patents and my mom brought out a photo album with pictures of from of wedding 22 years ago. Mixed in the album was a postcard from the old Crown Princess which we spent our honeymoon on. I don't know how she got it but I'm glad she saved it. Thank God for Moms.

zahy3u3y.jpg

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We were on this Crown Princess in 1995. The ship now sails for P&O Australia as the Pacific Jewel. It went through major refitting since we were on it, and was owned/operated by four different cruise companies. It also carries about 500 additional passengers.

1990—2002: Crown Princess

2002—2004: A'Rosa Blu

2004—2007: AIDAblu

2007-2009: Ocean Village Two

2009-present: Pacific Jewel

• 5 years later...
On 9/12/2013 at 4:04 PM, skynight said:

We were on this Crown Princess in 1995. The ship now sails for P&O Australia as the Pacific Jewel. It went through major refitting since we were on it, and was owned/operated by four different cruise companies. It also carries about 500 additional passengers.

1990—2002: Crown Princess

2002—2004: A'Rosa Blu

2004—2007: AIDAblu

2007-2009: Ocean Village Two

2009-present: Pacific Jewel

This was the first time I ever went on a cruise! It was April, 1995, and I thought it was amazing! I remember really rough seas one night and watching the picture frames hanging off the walls of our room as the ship rolled left and right! Lol, I didn't care, it was still amazing! That boat seemed gigantic back then!

We sailed the Crown's sister ship the Regal Princess to Hawaii in 2004 which is currently operated by P&O Australia as the Pacific Dawn.

Based on this information the Pacific Jewel (Crown Princess) is now the Jalesh Cruises Karnika since March 2019.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karnika

I recall this class of ship was being described as "dolphin-like" due to the curved raised front section of these ships but had forgotten that they were ordered by my favorite cruise line Sitmar before merging with Princess in 1988.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, JEMS said:

Thanks for posting the post card!! Our first cruise was on the Crown and was also in 1991.

Can't believe that was so long ago:classic_smile:

Ed & Jean

I can’t believe someone found this thread from 2013. I forgot I posted it and what’s worse I have no idea where I put the post card. I should have left it with my mother.

On 9/12/2013 at 1:56 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I was visiting my patents and my mom brought out a photo album with pictures of from of wedding 22 years ago. Mixed in the album was a postcard from the old Crown Princess which we spent our honeymoon on. I don't know how she got it but I'm glad she saved it. Thank God for Moms.

zahy3u3y.jpg

That’s a great looking ship thanks for sharing your photo.

Tony

5 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

We loved that ship.  Certainly not the bells and whistles of today's ships, but it had the best swim up bar and subsequent waterfall into the pool.

I was too young to use the swim up bar on the original Star Princess which was built around the same time.  But golly, what an idea that is great in theory...i heard that it hasn't been repeated often on ships since spilled drinks can sure make a pool gross.