Live from Eurodam, Canada/New England, Sept. 22

sppunk

TY so much for taking the time to share with all of us. I love the Eurodam & will surely miss the spa pool & all her special features on our planned cruise.

We leave this weekend on the Veendam... we chose it for itinerary. :)

I look forward to following whatever you post between now & then... Especially about foliage.

Enjoying your posts, and your sense of humor! :D I'm tentatively planning a NE/Canada cruise for my next cruise, hopefully in 2015. So far it's been Alaska all the way, 5 times, ready to see something different.....but I'd go again to AK too :D. Looking forward to the remainder of your cruise....Thanks for sharing!! :)

Uh-oh! Our chocolate has changed ... gold squares with no marking whatsoever. Whatever will I do to survive this tragedy? Another Weng-Weng you say? OK!

We are in the terminal hanging out with crew members after dinner. Which is always a blast, unless you are, well, a crew member.

It's around 48 and we were walking (in short-sleeves) and a nice lady told us we should bundle up. Maybe she'll adopt us? ;)

I'll try to post photos but we use a Nikon D700 and don't carry computers - I'll try to snap some iPhone shots if anyone has requests but no promises!

Dinner was sssssllllllllloooooowwwww but good. Took 1:45 somehow, hope it gets a little shorter. Tamarind is tomorrow, hope it though takes longer!

OK, the French lady is signing, time to get moving. Au revior from chilly, hilly Quebec City.

Loving this!!!!!!!!! Keep posting please.

....I look forward to following whatever you post between now & then... Especially about foliage.

How's the fall foliage? We embark October 12 in Quebec City and wonder if it will be past peak foliage by then?

We live about 1.25 north of Toronto on top of the Niagara Escarpment. We went out on Sunday to do a hike on the Bruce Trail and took some photos. The leaves have started to turn but peak should be in 2 to 3 weeks from now.

The Sumac are red:

ry%3D400

sorry I hit the wrong buttonn and it posted! Okay here are some more photos for those asking about fall colours:

The wetlands are turning russet and golden:

ry%3D480

The Canadian Geese are starting to fly in formation (watch your heads and duck for cover when you hear their honking!!)

ry%3D480

The yellows are coming out:

ry%3D480

But overall, the landscape is still green with a touch of colour:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Enjoy the Canada/New England cruises everyone!!! I wish I could join you but it is a bad time with for the children with school.... One year!

One of my former colleagues couldn't understand why we was getting USD out of a cash machine in the USA:D. Some people scare me. I'm enjoying your posts. I found it funny that you took the funicular. Even an old lady like me (52) with a bum knee made it up the hill:p;). It's going to be interesting to see if I can do it this time since I'm still not back to normal from surgery this summer. Keep up the good work.

Lorene -- wish I was still 52! You should try 71 on for size and inability to do some mobile things.:)

sorry I hit the wrong buttonn and it posted! Okay here are some more photos for those asking about fall colours:

The wetlands are turning russet and golden:

ry%3D480

The Canadian Geese are starting to fly in formation (watch your heads and duck for cover when you hear their honking!!)

ry%3D480

The yellows are coming out:

ry%3D480

But overall, the landscape is still green with a touch of colour:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Enjoy the Canada/New England cruises everyone!!! I wish I could join you but it is a bad time with for the children with school.... One year!

Beautiful pictures

Greetings from Charlottetown!

Yesterday was a lovely, lazy day cruising the Gulf of St. Lawrence (and meeting a few wonderful CC posters). We took a three hour nap, read and ate. A sea day begs for those activities, and we must honor the Cruise God.

We went to the rehearsal of the evening show (Nightlife). My wife was a member of a world-famous precision dance team, so she enjoys watching these things (I play Bubble Shooter on my phone; we have a good ying-and-yang thing going on). Funny thing about this show, they were tap-syncing! You hear the tap, you see them dance ... yet they weren't wearing tap shows. Is that a miracle? HAL does some things well and some poorly. I'll let you guess where the entertainment falls between these choices.

It was formal night, and all the glitter and sequins on earth must've been loaded on Eurodam for this sailing. Some people were walking disco balls — we are 30 but have seen grainy video of discos. These glitter-bombed people must've loved their disco.

We also were introduce by Maria, the lovely Piano Bar steward, to the only other couple within 15 years of us ( :) ). Our new best friends are from Holland, love bear Rotterdam and are avid HAL history fans. Good stuff!

A fellow CC posted last week about the piano bar entertainer on board, Diane Fast. She really is great; we have spent all out late evenings there. To highlight how great she is, Monday night she did something I would bet has NEVER BEEN DONE ON HAL BEFORE! She played Red Hot Chili Peppers, Violent Femmes and Snoop Dogg back-to-back-to-back. It was amazing — and completely lost the audience. We loved every second of it.

Today we rented a car as the wife is a huge Anne of Green Gables fan. I am a fan of a happy wife so hence we drove to Victoria-by-the-Sea, then cut north up to Cavendish and all things Anne. Highway 13 had a bridge washed out and our detour took us on an I paved, red clay "road" - we felt like authentic PEIers.

Here is an always-available PEI view:

2i07q6g.jpg

Then we went trough North Rustico and onward back to Charlottetown. A super easy drive, fun day, no stress and we beat all crowds. Score one for us. Just ate mussels at Lobster on the Wharf. I hope you're jealous!

The aftermath:

2dqu7lt.jpg

Question of the day goes to HAL's movie planners: today's movie is Hangover 3. This would be a great choice for a NCL sailing to the Bahamas, but a HAL Canada/NE trip? Seriously? Is Miley Cyrus tomorrow's main stage entertainer?

OK, there is a mussel steam-off up on the Lido now. Time to get my shellfish on.

More tomorrow from Sydney aboard the blue-hulled Discodam.

Observed comment of the day

Woman to usher prior to Captain's Toast: "There will be a gray-haired man coming here in a few minutes, can you let him know where we are sitting?"

Your thread is FANTASTIC - if your better half is an Anne of Green Gables fan - I hope you got to Lucy Maud Montgomery's house (the author). I liked that far more.

enjoying this so much as well as the little side bars.

Keep it coming if you have time please.

Great pics from 1 of 4

Greetings from Charlottetown!

Then we went trough North Rustico and onward back to Charlottetown. A super easy drive, fun day, no stress and we beat all crowds. Score one for us. Just ate mussels at Lobster on the Wharf. I hope you're jealous!

... OK, there is a mussel steam-off up on the Lido now. Time to get my shellfish on.

(Yoda impression) -- Yes, jealous I am, very much so! Some day we will join Eurodam after the TA and do the run to Quebec and/or back. Love reading your thread.

Dave

Archived