Singles to get Double Points

For anyone that should get the extra point pay close attention as the system is having trouble applying it. Mine did not post automatically (although other solos on my cruise got theirs automatically) so they are having to manually adjust my points - and I was definitely not the first person to call with this issue.

It's like Mutt and Jeff. Why am I so short:eek: Actually I love the picture because I remember what I was doing at the time.

Thanks for posting it Gina.

Rev

I think I (Brad) even remember what you were doing at that moment REV. Now I know exactly who Gina is as well. Hello again to you both. Say hello to Anita as well.

I wont go into details here, but be glad you got off in Miami. At least Betsy was wonderful and made my remaining time on Vision bearable.

Catching up with this thread is not proving a very positive experience, but at least all my various cruise points have now posted correctly within the week and I have passed the Emerald threshold and am on my way to Diamond.

I guess I will just focus on last minute cruises (Tuesday sale) with RCI now. I am well off the 340 point level and refuse to ever pay over 160% for a solo cruise again in this very competitive market.

Their timing is very odd considering the number of targeted 'solo' emails I am getting almost daily from Costa, Princess, HAL, Carnival and even MSC, with many sailings offering me between 0 and 25% single supplements to get me back on their ships.

Here I am with our mutual friend. We had a great time and enjoyed our short 3 nights together. Rev is indeed a wonderful and spirited lady.

u9ene6ad.jpg

Wow, the quality of the tapatalk hosted pictures sure has gone down. This is as high resolution as it would allow and it is really grainy. :( And I paid for the photo hosting by tapatalk.

I recognise that pretty face... Hi Rev. You are looking well. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the headsup; this prompted me to check again and they are posted incorrectly. I was able to relay this to the original roll call thread too. Good find. I will have to call C&A in the morning to make the correction.

Just got back on Serenade, 15 night t/a, sailing single w/ supplement. Waiting for response, who have been your points of contact @ RCI? I would like for this to go easy, as I really don't like to assert too much. Really wonderful trip, 15 extra points was unexpected, but I would still like them, nonetheless. Thank you for any assistance. E.

Just got back on Serenade, 15 night t/a, sailing single w/ supplement. Waiting for response, who have been your points of contact @ RCI? I would like for this to go easy, as I really don't like to assert too much. Really wonderful trip, 15 extra points was unexpected, but I would still like them, nonetheless. Thank you for any assistance. E.

You'll be fine. Just wait a few days for Royal to post your points. I got double points and my cruise began at the end of September.

Just got my 30 points today from the Serenade TA!

I was on the Legend recently and we had a presentation by a VP of Marketing out of Miami. She did her powerpoint and gushed about their new marketing plans and showed some new ads. She was also very excited about the RCL float in the Macy parade, which got a lot of laughs because we had a disastrous Thanksgiving day dinner on the Legend (ran out of turkey and cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie was like a watered down mousse). Then she made the mistake of opening up for questions. It was obvious she had no clue as to what actually goes on in the "real world". Several solo gents brought up what they felt was deception by RCL, to give all of the publicity to the new point system, and then a few weeks later change the pricing for solos to more than double. The marketing rep was totally lost, had no idea what they were talking about. They asked her if RCL marketing plans intended to discourage solo travelers, which have been a large and loyal group of cruisers, or did RCL not realize what the impact would be, or think that solos would be so thrilled with extra points they'd be willing to pay any price. She had no answer, said she'd take the concern back to corporate. Uh huh.

One thing she said that was encouraging, in response to a question, she said RCL does read cruise critic and they are considering adding an official monitor authorized to respond and head off false info. We'll see.

One thing she said that was encouraging, in response to a question, she said RCL does read cruise critic and they are considering adding an official monitor authorized to respond and head off false info. We'll see.

That would be great, there is so much false info that spreads like wildfire.

I have a single supplement question. We are booked in three cabins for our family cruise next year. I have booked myself as a single in one of the cabins, because after a cruise earlier in the year with my bff, I will be eligible for the150% single supplement. This saves on our total cost since we are paying for the whole family.

My question is when I call and have my TA ask RCCL to reprice the cabin, do they work with the price I paid at booking, or the current price at the time they give me the 150% instead of 200% single supplement.

Thanks for any info.

I had to call C & A to get them to credit me the double points after my 12-9 solo cruise on Enchantment. I got 4 points credited right away but I called and I got the additional 4 about 2 days later. The RCI rep said they were working on the glitch in the system that wouldn't post the double credits for solo cruisers. I'm happy now, so just make sure you check your points after a solo cruise.

We just off The Serenade of the Seas (cruise dates 12-12 through 12-21) and a friend of ours was in The Owners Suite by myself. Not only he did get double points but because he had so many points on his Diamond Plus level he paid one and a half the price for his cabin instead of double the price.

Its nice that RCL is finally doing something for the single cruiser.

I had to call C & A to get them to credit me the double points after my 12-9 solo cruise on Enchantment. I got 4 points credited right away but I called and I got the additional 4 about 2 days later. The RCI rep said they were working on the glitch in the system that wouldn't post the double credits for solo cruisers. I'm happy now, so just make sure you check your points after a solo cruise.

Br grateful! As you know, we were in CocoCay together and they still haven't listed my cruise at all, much less double points. That's 16 points coming my way. The website says give them 14 days to post, then call. I'm at t-2 days!

We just off The Serenade of the Seas (cruise dates 12-12 through 12-21) and a friend of ours was in The Owners Suite by myself. Not only he did get double points but because he had so many points on his Diamond Plus level he paid one and a half the price for his cabin instead of double the price.

Its nice that RCL is finally doing something for the single cruiser.

Wasn't he suppose to get triple points?

Then she made the mistake of opening up for questions. It was obvious she had no clue as to what actually goes on in the "real world". Several solo gents brought up what they felt was deception by RCL, to give all of the publicity to the new point system, and then a few weeks later change the pricing for solos to more than double. The marketing rep was totally lost, had no idea what they were talking about. They asked her if RCL marketing plans intended to discourage solo travelers, which have been a large and loyal group of cruisers, or did RCL not realize what the impact would be, or think that solos would be so thrilled with extra points they'd be willing to pay any price. She had no answer, said she'd take the concern back to corporate. Uh huh.

I have always paid the 200% (the reason I would do Carnival was they had 150%-now 200%) not sure the point the gents were making. I haven't seen the 200%+ yet.

When I have sailed during the fall the last couple of years, I got good deals with lower single supplements. School vacation time has been 200 %.

On the Explorer on October 19th, I purchased 2 next cruise certificates and the rep told me they were giving double points for singles. She failed to tell me a week later they would be increasing solo prices.

Tried to book a cruise the next weekend, but the computer system was down. That is when the policy change was implemented.

I did book a cruise on 10/27 before I knew of the policy change. Hoping they go back to offering deals in the off-season.

When I travel in August with friends, I will have to go to an inside or another line. If that happens, RCCL could have 18-20 people going on another line.

I have always paid the 200% (the reason I would do Carnival was they had 150%-now 200%) not sure the point the gents were making. I haven't seen the 200%+ yet.

RCI isn't charging more than 200%. They are now charging double the non-commissionable portion of the fare, which is in line with what Princess, Carnival and other mass market lines have been doing for years. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with the way it was implemented, just sneaking it in there a week after announcing the double points.