Singles to get Double Points

Ok I have to ask. Is anyone allowed to post who the number 2 and number 3 top cruisers are? Just curious

I don't know why not. Lucases and Steeles. Both plural. I don't know if Steele is the correct spelling.

And if posting it isn't allowed they can just remove it. But Mario is openly named so I don't think there is a policy against it.

Edited by mommabean

Ok I have to ask. Is anyone allowed to post who the number 2 and number 3 top cruisers are? Just curious

I don't see why not...although, I heard #2 just got 86'd from RCCL for being stupid. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think Harry and Dorris are #2 now. If not, they're up there.

Edited by Aquahound

They are well known, many of us have sailed with them, but I won't take the liberty of putting their names on a public website.

I don't see why not...although, I heard #2 just got 86'd from RCCL for being stupid. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think Harry and Dorris are #2 now. If not, they're up there.

Well, since you posted it, they were #3 in this past March on Monarch's last cruise.

I have wondered if the policy was created privately for his benefit. Wait! Not for points, but to allow him to take a little bit of time off and retain his level. Numbers 2 and 3 can't catch him even if he's not on board all year with the new point system. Don't you think he must be getting sick of living on a ship? There has to be a lot he's missing by not spending at least a few weeks a year in real life. They like him as number 1 for publicity at this point.

Just a thought. Who knows really what was behind this current change which still hasn't been shown in writing. I still wonder if there is some fine print we don't know about.

Gina

Mario was on the same cruise I was on last week. I had a chance to speak to him. As to creating a system just to help one person - I doubt it.

Edited by Cuizer2

Thanks I thought it might be them. I think I have met the number 3 as well but their names escape me at the moment.

Edited by molly361

Ain't that the truth. Mario is pretty cool, so is a good image as the top cruiser. People who don't know him can hang out with him and never know who he is becuase he's not always boasting about it.

You can not fine a nicer person than Mario

If people were 86ed simply for being stupid, the wake of many ships would be littered with bodies.

[quote name='Cuizer2']Mario was on the same cruise I was on last week. I had a chance to speak to him. As to creating a system just to help one person - I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably not. It's still fun to speculate about reasons and outcome. Probably there will be very few changes. Most people will never know about it other than the few around here. And life will go on. :)

Maybe those few chasing the points will be enough to hold up the prices so the low single supplement offerings won't be needed. ;) Edited by mommabean

[quote name='TPKeller']Ah, I see now, but that is completely different. Those are different people starting a new conversation.

Theron[/quote]

Why is it okay for different people to ask the same question, but not okay for different people to answer the same question?

[quote name='Reality Ripple']I was also on the 9/22 sailing with Molly and Maureen. Checked my points and it only showed 7. :( I called C&A inquiring about it and the rep said their stuff is still updating. That the points could show up or could not. To give it a week and call back.[/QUOTE]

Please post if the points appear or if you call them back. I'd like to hear the outcome.

Though I do not personally know them, I accept that there are point chasers. if they are any good at chasing points, they are presumably already in the lounges, so their point chasing likely won't increase lounge crowding.

For several years now, Celebrity has given single credits for regular balcony cabins yet double credits for Concirge Class, which are just balcony cabins with a few amenities. Often the price differential between regular balconies and Concierge class is low. To me that suggests that credit chasing is not a major issue on Celebrity, else the demand for Concierge Class would rise, supporting higher prices for that class. Of course Celebrity's loyalty program has fewer tiers currently; maybe that influences credit chasing behavior.

It will be interesting to see if this new policy really changes many people's behavior. I think once in a while, one member of a couple will venture off on a solo trip to collect the extra points to push the couple up a tier in advance of a longer cruise. of course, people worked in such cruises to advance, solos getting extra points encourages it a bit. and I can imagine it giving families an extra push toward two cabins vs squeezing into one. Overall though, I suspect there impact on most people's behavior will be quite small.

[quote name='Aquahound']I don't see why not...although, I heard #2 just got 86'd from RCCL for being stupid. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think Harry and Dorris are #2 now. If not, they're up there.[/QUOTE]

Has their ban bin lifted by RCL?

[quote name='mommabean'][COLOR="Red"]Absolutely not true this time of year[/COLOR]. Cheaper rooms have very low to almost no single supplement. I just got one for $7 a day. I know someone who got one for $7 a week....that's $1 a day. Someone around here claimed to get one last week with no supplement. Start checking prices on cruises out of FL and ocean voyages - interior and ocean view - and you'll see how few and far between they are NOT.

Gina[/QUOTE]

This time of year is hardly peak time for cruising so I am sure there are plenty of lower single supplements.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']This time of year is hardly peak time for cruising so I am sure there are plenty of lower single supplements.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was saying. The other poster said those low supplements are few and far between. I said it's not true this time of year. In other words, I also am saying, like you, that there are plenty of lower single supplements, too.

Unless maybe you were agreeing with me. :)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']It could be that is why it's not in writing yet. :eek:

Gina[/QUOTE]

Right. Why should Adam pay someone to figure it all out when he has all of us to do it. Maybe he could throw us all a few extra points for the effort?

[quote name='mommabean']That's what I was saying. The other poster said those low supplements are few and far between. I said it's not true this time of year. In other words, I also am saying, like you, that there are plenty of lower single supplements, too.

Unless maybe you were agreeing with me. :)

Gina[/QUOTE]

Just pointing out that other than this season of the year low single supplements do seem to be few and far between. So if RCI fills up more cabins in the fall with a solo and low supplement in return for extra points, even if that extends to a husband or wife back home, I think RCI comes out ahead. I think this is a good system that they came up with. Solos this time of year may be getting extra points for little extra money. But for most of the year those points can definitely help soften the blow of the extra money being paid.

There will always be some who learn how to game any system but I don't see this one as being highly abused. Of course, I could be the one who ends up being wrong. But I'll bet one thing, if I am wrong and the system really gets milked, RCI will change it.... fast. Edited by Ocean Boy

[quote name='Ocean Boy']Just pointing out that other than this season of the year low single supplements do seem to be few and far between. So if RCI fills up more cabins in the fall with a solo and low supplement in return for extra points, even if that extends to a husband or wife back home, I think RCI comes out ahead.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure. But maybe they know what they are doing. :rolleyes: ;)

I always thought the main source of their revenue was on board spending. If they are encouraging only one person per room, aren't they lowering their on board revenue? Although I agree one person in a room is better than no person in a room. But in the end, very few ships sail with many empty rooms. The more solos going, the worse for revenue.

I don't have the figures though. They do. And maybe there's more to this entire plan than we know. Maybe there's more to follow that will make things clearer to us all. There are always rumors out there flying around. And some come to pass. In due time. :D

Gina

[quote name='Cuizer2']

Was it fair that solo cruisers paying double got half the number of points that a husband and wife got while paying the same amount for the cabin next door?

[/quote]
How do you figure that?? A solo cruiser and a couple next to each other will get the same amount of points(well,before this change).Mrs A gets 7 points for a week,as does Mr A....as well as the solo cruiser.Not like you can stack those 7 points and get 14 because you are married...

So basically, married couples paying the same for a cabin as a solo cruiser(paying 200%) are getting half the amount of points......Hmmmmm,now that doesn't sound fair,does it??

But it's RCCL rules and we have to play by them....I'm not going to whine about it.

[quote name='mommabean']I'm not so sure. But maybe they know what they are doing. :rolleyes: ;)

I always thought the main source of their revenue was on board spending. If they are encouraging only one person per room, aren't they lowering their on board revenue? Although I agree one person in a room is better than no person in a room. But in the end, very few ships sail with many empty rooms. The more solos going, the worse for revenue.

I don't have the figures though. They do. And maybe there's more to this entire plan than we know. Maybe there's more to follow that will make things clearer to us all. There are always rumors out there flying around. And some come to pass. In due time. :D

Gina[/QUOTE]

You make some good points. I wonder if RCI might set a limit as to how many singles they will book just as they do triples and quads. Cruise ships are set up to make maximum revenue when there is a double booking in most cabins.

[quote name='PH8']How do you figure that?? A solo cruiser and a couple next to each other will get the same amount of points(well,before this change).Mrs A gets 7 points for a week,as does Mr A....as well as the solo cruiser.Not like you can stack those 7 points and get 14 because you are married...

So basically, married couples paying the same for a cabin as a solo cruiser(paying 200%) are getting half the amount of points......Hmmmmm,now that doesn't sound fair,does it??

But it's RCCL rules and we have to play by them....I'm not going to whine about it.[/QUOTE]

Good catch.

Good post.

Game on!! ;)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']

I always thought the main source of their revenue was on board spending. :D

Gina[/QUOTE]

At a recent Captain's Talk, the hotel director said that 40% revenue comes from on-board spending, 60% from the ticket price. But that does not dilute your point.