Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

Looks like Allure is on it's way back to FLL, it finally showed up on Marine traffic.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home?zoom=10&mmsi=311020700&centerx=-78.77232&centery=26.47162

Keith

Will be interesting to see when she actually comes in. Oasis has preference for berth space; I imagine shakedown runs until Saturday evening and coming into port Saturday evening after all other sailaways. Could be an awesome photo-op for Oasis and Allure to re-meet.

Looks like Allure is on it's way back to FLL, it finally showed up on Marine traffic.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home?zoom=10&mmsi=311020700&centerx=-78.77232&centery=26.47162

Keith

That's a good sign. Wonder if it's just a test run and she will spend the night back in Freeport. Or maybe a pier other than 18 at Port Everglades.

Will be interesting to see when she actually comes in. Oasis has preference for berth space; I imagine shakedown runs until Saturday evening and coming into port Saturday evening after all other sailaways. Could be an awesome photo-op for Oasis and Allure to re-meet.

Royal Caribbean has to pay for the berth based on the time she is docked so I doubt she'll come in Saturday night unless they have extra supplies to load. Based on the size of the dry dock I doubt she needs a massive restocking though so most likely it'll be out at sea for a bit.

That's a good sign. Wonder if it's just a test run and she will spend the night back in Freeport. Or maybe a pier other than 18 at Port Everglades.

Just a guess but I would think they need to do some break in time as well as test time. If it is repaired and good to go it would be more economical to stay at sea until Sunday to avoid paying port fees and repositioning while in port on Saturday to Sunday. They could take on provisions on Sunday just as normal very easily as they are not off loading guests.

I do like the one poster's idea about the photo opportunity with Oasis, maybe this afternoon or early evening. That would be a great photo to see.

I do like the one poster's idea about the photo opportunity with Oasis, maybe this afternoon or early evening. That would be a great photo to see.

That would be fun! The opportunities for such a photo opp are few and far between.

Have a great time on the Oasis Andrew! I see 7 days and counting... very jealous.

Edited by Dave85

I just noticed that Allure of the Seas is cruising at 6.9 knts. The Port Everglade's Harbor Master's log shows her arriving on Sunday 3-2-2014 at 4:45 AM and setting sail for Nassau at 17:00. Would be interesting to see the whole journey to Freeport, the repair of the Azipods and the return.

That would be fun! The opportunities for such a photo opp are few and far between.

Have a great time on the Oasis Andrew! I see 7 days and counting... very jealous.

I would love to see that sight.

7 days and counting. We fly on Monday to Orlando with four days at Disney. Followed by 1 wonderful week at sea. After the latest article vortex, I can't wait to hit the warmer weather. I need it, we need it, you could use it, and heck all the people on these boards could use it.

Let winter end, enough already.

7 days and counting. We fly on Monday to Orlando with four days at Disney. Followed by 1 wonderful week at sea. After the latest article vortex, I can't wait to hit the warmer weather. I need it, we need it, you could use it, and heck all the people on these boards could use it.

Have a safe trip down! We're getting snow here in Monday, but hopefully it won't impact you guys getting out up north.

Enjoy the anticipation. I'm on Allure this Sunday. I am very relieved to see the ship moving around. I hope nothing goes wrong. I need some heat in my bones!

Thanks! I just hope when we come back that I don't have to shovel my way into the house.:rolleyes:

Been there, done that.;) They just updated the forcast saying Boston is going to be on the northern edge of the storm and most of it will be south of here so looks like you better put a shovel in the car.

Hopefully, you will be able to give us a full report on the azipod fix. Captain's corner will probably be a little more interesting than some of them.

Edited by reallyitsmema

Enjoy the anticipation. I'm on Allure this Sunday. I am very relieved to see the ship moving around. I hope nothing goes wrong. I need some heat in my bones!

OB, check our roll call below. We are in Allure next year for B2B in March. Maybe see in 2015?

Enjoy your sailing and warm up those bones. It is well deserved, isn't it.

Andrew

I'm not cruising on Allure tomorrow but for some reason this morning I just started wondering if it was possible that they would start the boarding process earlier tomorrow. They won't have passengers to disembark so is there a reason I'm not thinking of that would prevent them from starting say at 10am?

Just curious!

I'm not cruising on Allure tomorrow but for some reason this morning I just started wondering if it was possible that they would start the boarding process earlier tomorrow. They won't have passengers to disembark so is there a reason I'm not thinking of that would prevent them from starting say at 10am?

Just curious!

Someone from the roll call was told by the concierge that boarding time will be as usual. However, I am suspecting that the cabins will be available at boarding time instead on the usual 1PM as they don't have to be made up that morning since there are no departing guests.

Allure is back on Marine Traffic and located about 48 km SE of Marathon Key.

I see this now, could not find here earlier.

She's having some nice "shakedown time" for running in the azipod repairs.

Would be nice to know the lowdown on how it is all working out.

They have been cleaning and fixing interior all week too. Will be nice for these next folks cruising tomorrow that all the cabins will be ready from the start.