Exciting Deals not always exciting

Orator

Just looked at the Exciting Deals for next Tuesday. A Guarantee for a Concierge for the Dec. 19th Connie cruise is $399 for a C2 or C3. The current price (Senior and Resident) for the C3 is: $354; the C2 price is $363.

It would be exciting for me if I were still receiving the Tuesday specials, but they suddenly stopped coming a couple of months ago and no amount of troubleshooting with Celebrity has succeeded in having them sent again. Celebrity has even created my email account anew, but that hasn't helped. I've also submitted the issue via the on line form that Celebrity itself posted on another thread, to no avail. I get other email from Celebrity, but the Tuesday specials stopped coming. I will take this up again with the Captain's Club when I feel like I have time for the hassle . . .

Just looked at the Exciting Deals for next Tuesday. A Guarantee for a Concierge for the Dec. 19th Connie cruise is $399 for a C2 or C3. The current price (Senior and Resident) for the C3 is: $354; the C2 price is $363.

Very excitng.

It would be exciting for me if I were still receiving the Tuesday specials, but they suddenly stopped coming a couple of months ago and no amount of troubleshooting with Celebrity has succeeded in having them sent again. Celebrity has even created my email account anew, but that hasn't helped. I've also submitted the issue via the on line form that Celebrity itself posted on another thread, to no avail. I get other email from Celebrity, but the Tuesday specials stopped coming. I will take this up again with the Captain's Club when I feel like I have time for the hassle . . .

Just bookmark this link! Easy peasy lol http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I find the sales to be like the sales that the furniture stores have. There is always a sale, if you miss this one wait for tomorrow becasue there will be another.

.🎅🎄

I agree, but it's the psychological effect of receiving that email that gets the "let's book another another Celebrity cruise" juices flowing. I went from receiving 2 of those emails per week to none. Companies should be pursuing us and encouraging repeat business, not the other way around.

Any cruise for under $400 is an EXCITING DEAL! Celebrity always was a step above in terms of quality and service as compared to the other mainstream lines. If they succumb to these pricing wars, brought about by way too critical consumers like yourself, then it becomes just another Carnival. :mad:

Edited by curtdesilets
clarification

Hi Christine. Thanks for the link. We have never received the Exciting Deals emails, so thanks for the link. With us living in south Florida, we should be able to take advantage of these easily. :)

Any cruise for under $400 is an EXCITING DEAL! Celebrity always was a step above in terms of quality and service as compared to the other mainstream lines. If they succumb to these pricing wars, brought about by way too critical consumers like yourself, then it becomes just another Carnival. :mad:

Look at pricing on a per day basis rather that total price. Don't have time to respond to your personal attack since I need to leave for the airport to catch my flight to Rome for 27 days on Silhouette. Have a good day.

Look at pricing on a per day basis rather that total price. Don't have time to respond to your personal attack since I need to leave for the airport to catch my flight to Rome for 27 days on Silhouette. Have a good day.

Sorry if you took offense. I meant to take your initial assessment of a "no bargain" and generalize the state of the cost conscious cruise economy, and what that entails for Celebrity. Most responders to your posting agree that less than $400 for a cruise, especially if you are not a senior or state resident, is still a BARGAIN. :D

27 days on Silhouette... very cool. Have a good time!

Edited by curtdesilets
Additional statement

We get various forms of mail from several cruise lines. More often than not, those 'specials' are far from special. In the past, Princess and HAL seem to have been the worst offenders. We just bin the mailers now, and delete the emails.

The best way to get a good price is simply to understand the fares on competing cruise lines on that particular itinerary.

Free this or that, or 'special pricing' is absolutely meaningless to us. The only thing that matters is the bottom right hand corner...the total price that we pay net of any OBC's.

What Is NOT an Exciting Deal....

when cruise lines offer their "free drink" packages as a perk and then raise the overall cost of the cruise. Saw it happen both on HAL and Celebrity.

And I have been on a couple cruises where the price was exactly the same pre and post perk offering. I confess I remain skeptical, but honestly I have seen it work the other way - meaning same price before and after. What can happen sometimes is that the perk offering can suddenly push up the bookings substantially, which in turn then drives the price up as we know the prices are driven by supply and demand. Not saying you have not seen it happen, just that it is not necessarily a given all the time.

Hi Christine. Thanks for the link. We have never received the Exciting Deals emails, so thanks for the link. With us living in south Florida, we should be able to take advantage of these easily. :)

The link is usually updated on Thursday or Friday for the following week's sale, giving you a few days to plan.

Back to Orator's original point, I too have found in the weeks right after final payment, the senior, resident (many states are offered) or military discounts with the bonus of agency OBCs, Captain's Club savings certificates, etc., will end up a better deal net than the Xciting Deal. It pays to know the usual Xciting price by class to make an informed decision about the discounts. Another reason to read the link posted...the prices are listed by class, detail the email does include.

Back to Orator's original point, I too have found in the weeks right after final payment, the senior, resident (many states are offered) or military discounts with the bonus of agency OBCs, Captain's Club savings certificates, etc., will end up a better deal net than the Xciting Deal. It pays to know the usual Xciting price by class to make an informed decision about the discounts. Another reason to read the link posted...the prices are listed by class, detail the email does include.

We booked a Sky Suite on an upcoming Century cruuise, and after booking saw a California Resident discount. Thing is, it did not apply to suites. It's all about supply and demand.

And I have been on a couple cruises where the price was exactly the same pre and post perk offering. I confess I remain skeptical, but honestly I have seen it work the other way - meaning same price before and after. What can happen sometimes is that the perk offering can suddenly push up the bookings substantially, which in turn then drives the price up as we know the prices are driven by supply and demand. Not saying you have not seen it happen, just that it is not necessarily a given all the time.

Same. The bookings I made did not increase in price due to the offer.

It's normal for companies to have a marketing budget which is _separate_ from the pricing area. Marketing do what they do, and don't have to impact other teams to launch their promos.