100 Day Medallion

MAHLO

As we reached our 100 days on this last cruise on the Eurodam (Oct. 12) there was a get together for the group that was on the ship. Fine and dandy but it was a group picture not singley with the Captain and we were suppose to get a copy of same but never happened, asked at front desk and was told "working on it" must be working on it still as haven't received 1 yet. Put it in on my survey as well but to no avail.Who can I contact for this, does anyone know????:confused::confused::confused:

It was supposed to be delivered to your cabin. We have always received our photos with Captain and Hotel Manager either same day as Mariners Brunch or for sure next day. I think it likely too late now to get a copy.

Congratulations on receiving your Copper Medallion. Sorry you did not get the photo.

What a shame you didn't get your picture.

Like Sail, I think it is too late, I am quite certain that pictures are destroyed when the cruise ends.

Congratulations on your 100 day medallion. :)

Like Sail, I think it is too late, I am quite certain that pictures are destroyed when the cruise ends.

This is not always the case. We had a Friend that was able to obtain the cruise DVD well after the cruise. Give HAL a call, and see what they can do.

and wear them on formal nights?

Mine hasn't seen the light of day since I got it. I should be getting the 300 day on my next cruise. It will suffer the same fate. I've never seen anyone wearing the medal to formal night. Doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Our medallions are on our Christmas tree each year as a reminder of many fun days with HAL. The picture with the capt. & hotel mgr. is stored with all of our many cruise pictures. Good luck with getting a copy of yours. You might like to try the social relations website as a source.:rolleyes:

Our medallions are buried in the bottom of a drawer somewhere or perhaps got tossed-out (we have no clue) as have our pins and other cruise line junk (we have cruised on 14 different lines). We have long been mystified by how some of our fellow HA cruisers (we are 4 Star) think these kind of trinkets are important and worthy of displaying (I guess they want to impress others). We have often said that we would prefer for HA to give us free internet minutes (like we get on RCI, Celebrity, Azamara, Princess, etc) rather then a worthless piece of cheap metal. Oops. forgot. HA also likes to honor all of us with a free lunch! Wow!

Hank

P.S. When it comes to wearing nearly worthless medallions and pins some might use the term "tacky."

Edited by Hlitner

This is not always the case. We had a Friend that was able to obtain the cruise DVD well after the cruise. Give HAL a call, and see what they can do.

Much more likely to be able to get a DVD than a photo after a cruise has ended.

Our medallions are buried in the bottom of a drawer somewhere or perhaps got tossed-out (we have no clue) as have our pins and other cruise line junk (we have cruised on 14 different lines). We have long been mystified by how some of our fellow HA cruisers (we are 4 Star) think these kind of trinkets are important and worthy of displaying (I guess they want to impress others). We have often said that we would prefer for HA to give us free internet minutes (like we get on RCI, Celebrity, Azamara, Princess, etc) rather then a worthless piece of cheap metal. Oops. forgot. HA also likes to honor all of us with a free lunch! Wow!

Hank

P.S. When it comes to wearing nearly worthless medallions and pins some might use the term "tacky."

Actually, Hank,,,,,,,,,

HAL is now giving 50% discount for internet package to those of us who are Five Star. :)

Seeing I'm buying the package anyway, it's nice to have the discount, as well as free Pinnacle dinners etc

I like our Platinum Medallion and DH likes the lapel pin. He wears his Platinum Pin on formal nights on his lapel and I like looking at it. :) Lots of happy memories attached to those pins. ;)

No need to knock or ridicule those of us who enjoy that facet of HAL's Mariners Program. I don't think our wearing a Medallion to Mariners Reception or lapel pin hurts anyone, does it?

Edited by sail7seas

Much more likely to be able to get a DVD than a photo after a cruise has ended.

Actually, Hank,,,,,,,,,

HAL is now giving 50% discount for internet package to those of us who are Five Star. :)

Seeing I'm buying the package anyway, it's nice to have the discount, as well as free Pinnacle dinners etc

I like our Platinum Medallion and DH likes the lapel pin. He wears his Platinum Pin on formal nights on his lapel and I like looking at it. :) Lots of happy memories attached to those pins. ;)

No need to knock those of us who enjoy that facet of HAL's Mariners Program. I don't think our wearing a Medallion to Mariners Reception of lapel pin hurts anyone, does it?

Doesn't bother me, sail. I'm hoping to join the medallion wearers at some point (it'll be a while ;)).

...I like our Platinum Medallion and DH likes the lapel pin. He wears his Platinum Pin on formal nights on his lapel and I like looking at it. :) Lots of happy memories attached to those pins....

[/b]

I think the lapel pins are a bunch more convenient than the medallions, but I didn't think they were still giving them out.

Scott & Karen.

After I got home from my Alaskan cruise in 2011 (I think), I realized that I had 100 days. I was going on another cruise in a few months and I sent a message to the Mariner Society and asked them if I would be getting my Medallion on that cruise. They told me that it would be mailed to me. I just figured that they weren't giving them out any more on the ship so thought nothing of it. Imagine my surprise when I was on the ship and found out that a someone that I had met on the cruise was presented their Medallion at a get together. I then asked why I wasn't included (I still hadn't received it in the mail at that point). The next day when I came into my cabin it was laying on the bed with no explanation. So much for that. It kind of soured my taste for the whole thing.

There was a brief time when they had stopped presenting Copper Medallions. I'm not sure if it was 2011.....

When they started the new Star Mariner Program, the intention was to end the Medallion Program but there was a lot of resistence by Mariners to continue it. They were not giving the 100 day Medallion at all at that point but started the program back up again because of the resistence. You may have been passed by if you were in the time period. Others have commented similar happened to them as happened to you. It was a time of transition. Hope you can forgive them seeing they did get the Medallion to you. :)

Edited by sail7seas

We received our 100 day medallions on the Prinsendam last May - with an invitation to a fairly large gathering in the theatre. Pictures with the Captain and Hotel Manager were taken - and delivered to our cabin while we were on the cruise. It made us and others who were recognized feel special - if only for a short while. I think the way that the medals are handed out should be the same fleet wide.

We received our 100 day medallions on the Prinsendam last May - with an invitation to a fairly large gathering in the theatre. Pictures with the Captain and Hotel Manager were taken - and delivered to our cabin while we were on the cruise. It made us and others who were recognized feel special - if only for a short while. I think the way that the medals are handed out should be the same fleet wide.

That is exactly how we have seen it done on all our cruises..... that is since they stopped doing the formal night cocktail party in show lounge. That used to be the nicest Mariner's Party. We've always been to the pre-brunch Reception where they present the Medallions and recognize those that have silver, gold and platinum. Sometimes there are too many copper holders to have everyone come up for a photo.

As we reached our 100 days on this last cruise on the Eurodam (Oct. 12) there was a get together for the group that was on the ship. Fine and dandy but it was a group picture not singley with the Captain and we were suppose to get a copy of same but never happened, asked at front desk and was told "working on it" must be working on it still as haven't received 1 yet. Put it in on my survey as well but to no avail.Who can I contact for this, does anyone know????:confused::confused::confused:

Congratulations on receiving your Copper Medallion.

Sorry to learn that you did not receive the photo.

Actually, Hank,,,,,,,,,

No need to knock or ridicule those of us who enjoy that facet of HAL's Mariners Program. I don't think our wearing a Medallion to Mariners Reception or lapel pin hurts anyone, does it?

Congratulations on getting to 5 Stars. These days we regularly cruise on HA, Celebrity and Princess (and a few other lines on a less regular basis) and HA is the only line where we must pay anything to use the internet. The free Pinnacle Dinners are a nice perk and we appreciate that it was included in the recent Explore 4 promotion.

We have not bothered to go to the Mariners reception/luncheon during our last 150 or so days on HA. It will be interesting to see if DW drags me to the reception on our next HA cruise since we get another medallion (Silver). If the weather is good we are normally sitting outside in deck chairs (in swim suits) and just never like being bothered having to change into smart casual clothes for a free lunch. On the other hand, if it's a rainy day you never know. I would quickly trade the medallion for a free drink (or free internet time) but not sure there would be any takers :)

Hank

That is exactly how we have seen it done on all our cruises..... that is since they stopped doing the formal night cocktail party in show lounge. That used to be the nicest Mariner's Party. We've always been to the pre-brunch Reception where they present the Medallions and recognize those that have silver, gold and platinum. Sometimes there are too many copper holders to have everyone come up for a photo.

On our recent Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, there were 29 people awarded Copper Medallions on the first segment and 15 copper and 2 gold medallions awarded on the 2nd segment.

On the first segment we also had several crew members awarded pins for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service.

Congratulations on getting your Copper Medallions!!

Contact the Mariner's Society -- sorry -- I am not at home to quickly get you their telephone number.