How many pinnacle are there approx?

connes1

We know several people who are Pinnacle. They all seem to take longer cruises in suites and usually take a cruise in December. This gets you up there in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are referring to the previous few years "Diamonds in December" program for additional points for Diamond and above members, that is not offered this year and no announcement of any future similar programs. But it was good while it lasted!

When we turned in April this year we were number 328/9 and we were told that they expected about 80 new members each year, so on that basis there could now be about 400, maybe 450. But others believe the number to be between 500-600.

We are not retired, nor have we won the lottery, and have rarely booked suites. We did enjoy the extra points from December sailings in recent years, but mainly we simply work hard and play harder.:D

Does anybody know about how many pinnacle members there are?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

When we turned in April this year we were number 328/9 and we were told that they expected about 80 new members each year, so on that basis there could now be about 400, maybe 450. But others believe the number to be between 500-600.

We are not retired, nor have we won the lottery, and have rarely booked suites. We did enjoy the extra points from December sailings in recent years, but mainly we simply work hard and play harder.:D

Thanks for the update. We had met a couple last March on Indy who said they would be turning Pinnacle this past May and I thought they said they believed their numbers would be in the 500"s.

....I like the "play harder" part of your philosophy! :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We know several people who are Pinnacle. They all seem to take longer cruises in suites and usually take a cruise in December. This gets you up there in a reasonable amount of time.
Diamonds in Dec is no longer, if you took advantage of it, good for you....K.O.

Be in the Pinnacle category, unless I started cruising when I was 13. Most of them I have met are much older, and I'm older than I would like and just plane old D+ LOL I do know that many many kids in their teens are D+ so maybe the new pinnacle age will be in the 50's.

(I would not want to...) Be in the Pinnacle category... Most of them I have met are much older...

Errr, so what are you saying, exactly? Pinnacle members are older and you don't want to be Pinnacle and hang around with them? If you didn't mean that, I'm sorry but your comment does read like that, IMO. C&A members are free to spend time with anyone they please, not just each other, right? :);)

Apparently it isn't quite as hard as some would believe and more cruisers are reaching Pinnacle level each week. Two more were added on our recent Brilliance repositioning cruise and none that I have met indicated that they had hit the lottery.LOL. More likely they have the time and interest in cruising regularly and by doing so achieve the highest level in a reasonable amount of time. Gives us all reason to hope.:)

Diamonds in Dec is no longer, if you took advantage of it, good for you....K.O.

I'm well aware that the Diamonds in December promotion is gone. We took the Explorer holiday sailing out of NY for years, not to get the extra points, but because it was a great long cruise.

Edited by The Big Booper

Be in the Pinnacle category, unless I started cruising when I was 13. Most of them I have met are much older, and I'm older than I would like and just plane old D+ LOL I do know that many many kids in their teens are D+ so maybe the new pinnacle age will be in the 50's.

Nonsense. I started cruising at 41 and was an original Pinnacle in 2011 when they created the category (thank you, Monarch!). And I can still do a P90X workout.:)

And when those kids are in their 50's, I imagine that you and I will be underground, or scattered to the winds.

And as somebody said long ago, never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.

Edited by critterchick

Apparently it isn't quite as hard as some would believe and more cruisers are reaching Pinnacle level each week. Two more were added on our recent Brilliance repositioning cruise and none that I have met indicated that they had hit the lottery.LOL. More likely they have the time and interest in cruising regularly and by doing so achieve the highest level in a reasonable amount of time. Gives us all reason to hope.:)

....;)....;)

And as somebody said long ago, never regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.

Well said Jean:)

We started cruising in 1999 when I was 41, DH 46 , never ever purchased a suite , sailed on Monarch once;), picked up some extra credits/points during Diamonds in December and turned P during 2012. We are time rich and just love cruising :).

I don't regard myself as part of the wrinkly gang yet though do have a few:D

Errr, so what are you saying, exactly? Pinnacle members are older and you don't want to be Pinnacle and hang around with them? If you didn't mean that, I'm sorry but your comment does read like that, IMO. C&A members are free to spend time with anyone they please, not just each other, right? :);)

I read it more innocently, like, "I'm not quite ready to be the age of most of the Pinnacle members I've met."

I am reading with interest about those Dezember offers, which gave double points and which are not there anymore. Unfortunately I had no idea about them. How do you know about this type of offers?

Royal usually sends an email or notes the offer on the C&A section of their webpage. Really, the fastest way to know is to read Cruise Critic.

I am reading with interest about those Dezember offers, which gave double points and which are not there anymore. Unfortunately I had no idea about them. How do you know about this type of offers?

As clarea mentioned, there are email notifications, or you can go the RCI website and look under Cruise Deals or in the C & A section under Special Offers - or keep looking at Cruise Critic.

But to the December offer that you refer to, that promotion was known as Diamonds in December, which was a C & A program open to Diamond and higher C & A tier members. It offered double C & A points for standard stateroom and triple points for suite bookings for cruises taken in the month of December. However, this program was not available to the general cruising public.

Edited by leaveitallbehind