Some Early Build Photos of the Britannia

need2cruisesoon

Life's too short to moan about these ships - many people can only dream of sailing in a cruise ship let alone picking the one they prefer.

If you don't like the ship then give it a miss - simple. :confused:

Have just seen a photo of our aft cabin balcony for July 2015 - excited, excited, excited :):D;)

Where did you see a photo of your cabin? I would love to see a photo of the cabin we have for the maiden cruise next March.

It will be a fairly ugly thing, same as Royal Princess is no stunner!

But modern ships are being built to give the customer what they want and like it or not Balcony cabins are popular sellers, The more you can cram in the more money you make

I think Britannia looks better than Royal Princess ( more streamlined and without the silly inverted hump ) and is certainly way more attractive than Ventura/Azura.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not sure I agree but we are all perfectly entitled to our opinion, It would be quite boring otherwise:)

The lack of a promenade deck or access to the bow are negative points in my opinion but some of the deck spaces look very nice indeed:D

oh and the lack of a Promenade deck wont stop us giving her a try in future

• 2 weeks later...

So what happens when these monsters arrive at a tender port. How long is the queue to get ashore. Or are they limited to visiting only major ports. I still cruise to see places and for the thrill of travelling. I get the feeling a lot of people on these big boys never even venture ashore. They may as well be in a hotel in Benidorm.

Edited by simonpjd

So what happens when these monsters arrive at a tender port. How long is the queue to get ashore. Or are they limited to visiting only major ports. I still cruise to see places and for the thrill of travelling. I get the feeling a lot of people on these big boys never even venture ashore. They may as well be in a hotel in Benidorm.

We've sailed on the Celebrity Silhouette which is also a big ship. It doesn't take forever to tender if it is well organised and in our experience most people get off the ship. We're like you and love to cruise to see new places - but, if people cruise for the ship then it is up to them.

We've just booked the Britannia for next July and can't wait to see the exciting new places we've never seen before in the Canary Islands.

I still cruise to see places and for the thrill of travelling. I get the feeling a lot of people on these big boys never even venture ashore. They may as well be in a hotel in Benidorm.

I always find it amusing when others belittle (degrade, insult, mock?) others choices in cruise vacations. The fact that you 'still cruise to see places and for the thrill of travelling' is fine. But that's you. Not everyone wants that. Some folks cruise to relax, enjoy fine food, and be entertained. Sure, I could probably get that in NYC, Albuquerque, San Diego, or Benidorm. But we should respect each others cruise choices, even if it isn't one we would make ourselves.

Have a nice day.

:D

I always find it amusing when others belittle (degrade, insult, mock?) others choices in cruise vacations. The fact that you 'still cruise to see places and for the thrill of travelling' is fine. But that's you. Not everyone wants that. Some folks cruise to relax, enjoy fine food, and be entertained. Sure, I could probably get that in NYC, Albuquerque, San Diego, or Benidorm. But we should respect each others cruise choices, even if it isn't one we would make ourselves.

Have a nice day.

:D

That's what I meant to say, but you said it better !

Have just seen a photo of our aft cabin balcony for July 2015 - excited, excited, excited :):D;)

We too have seen our balcony on Britannia B Aft, thanks to all who submitted the photographs much appreciated. We too are very excited just like Presto2. It does look as if it is going to be a beautiful ship. I have cruised on all of the P&O Fleet apart from the new Adonia we also have cruised on the old Adonia and every ship had something special to offer, just like the Britannia it too will have something special also, can't wait to cruise on Britannia Oct/Nov 2015 Southampton-Caribbean 29days:D

If you are on board then we will hopefully meet some of you, then again it will have to be on sea days because we are off the ship in every port.

Pat

Edited by HELEN HENRY

We too have seen our balcony on Britannia B Aft, thanks to all who submitted the photographs much appreciated. We too are very excited just like Presto2. It does look as if it is going to be a beautiful ship. I have cruised on all of the P&O Fleet apart from the new Adonia we also have cruised on the old Adonia and every ship had something special to offer, just like the Britannia it too will have something special also, can't wait to cruise on Britannia Oct/Nov 2015 Southampton-Caribbean 29days:D

If you are on board then we will hopefully meet some of you, then again it will have to be on sea days because we are off the ship in every port.

Pat

Hi, we are in aft cabin F729 I think - have read that it has a big balcony but am hoping that it won't make the cabin dark. Will be a great place to retreat to if the pool areas are noisy etc. Our roll call is very quiet, which has surprised us as it is the school holidays - oh well :confused:

Anyway, we are off on Oceana this coming Saturday and can't wait --- :):)

Hi, we are in aft cabin F729 I think - have read that it has a big balcony but am hoping that it won't make the cabin dark. Will be a great place to retreat to if the pool areas are noisy etc. Our roll call is very quiet, which has surprised us as it is the school holidays - oh well :confused:

Anyway, we are off on Oceana this coming Saturday and can't wait --- :):)

Hi Presto2. our cabin number is B724,and hopefully we too have a large balcony that's the reason we booked it. Unfortunately so far we are not on Britannia till Oct/Nov 2015 but you never know;) fortunately we do have Oct/Nov 2014 Azura 28 days S/Hampton- Caribbean to look forward to. Our roll call is also very quiet perhaps people are waiting till nearer the time to book. We had no option to ensure our return flight back to Glasgow we had to book first day cruise went on sale, actually we had pre-registered in advance and even when we received the phone call at 8.10am on the 26th from P&O we still did not get our first choice of cabin Reason being that cabin was not allocated to the Saturday departures from Barbados. Never mind I'm sure we will be happy in our second choice.

Have a lovely cruise on the Oceana.:)

Pat

We've sailed on the Celebrity Silhouette which is also a big ship. It doesn't take forever to tender if it is well organised and in our experience most people get off the ship. We're like you and love to cruise to see new places - but, if people cruise for the ship then it is up to them.

We've just booked the Britannia for next July and can't wait to see the exciting new places we've never seen before in the Canary Islands.

Britannia holds a lot more passengers than Silhouette, nearly 30% more, so tendering will be much more problematic when the limiting factor is the number of tenders the pier can handle as opposed to the number the ship can launch.

I suspect that in future the very large ships will avoid ports where tendering is necessary and leave these to the smaller ships. We will therefore see the market polarise between large "resort hotel" ships where the ship is increasingly the prime destination, all calling at largely the same ports which have the infrastructure to service them, and smaller ships which are sold more on itinerary and visit ports which are impracticable for the mega ships to visit.

Another Carnival Monster, sister ship of Royal and Regal Princesses. I read some poor reviews of the Royal Princess.

There is a lot more to a cruise ship than the structural design. We are much more interested in the food, the service, the entertainment, and the general ambiance...and how they manage to bring all these things together.

Like others, we prefer cruise ships to look like cruise ships of old...but mostly that is long gone...and many now look more like a mall.

We also prefer the feeling of luxury...which is also long gone...with all the extra charges...but now we can only try to go forward. :):):):)

• 1 month later...

Nice images :)

I just looked at the deck plans and wonder if anyone has an idea what the Crystal Room will be used for? there is a bar in there. It appears that The Glasshouse is smaller than on Azura/Ventura and may have serious problems with passengers walking through en route to/from the crystal room and theatre. Lets hope they make a better job of Brodies compared with the slightly awful Exchange bar on Ventura.

Over the weekend Britannia was moved from her berth just outside of the dry dock to the final outfitting pier.

14094535318_27056347e9_b.jpg

14094534998_2464f339c0_b.jpg

14094534778_8e4c630716_b.jpg

14280780274_1d23e65ed8_b.jpg

14094534988_a771186631_b.jpg

14094534588_b34b6d95b4_b.jpg

(Credit pictures to Maurizio Zanolla)

Thank you very much dmwnc1959 for the updates.

It is good to see how the ship is progressing. I can quite clearly identify my cabin on B Deck Aft.

Pat

Nice images :)

I just looked at the deck plans and wonder if anyone has an idea what the Crystal Room will be used for? there is a bar in there. It appears that The Glasshouse is smaller than on Azura/Ventura and may have serious problems with passengers walking through en route to/from the crystal room and theatre. Lets hope they make a better job of Brodies compared with the slightly awful Exchange bar on Ventura.

As far as I know the Crystal Room is where the dancing is going to be.

David

They are indeed fantastic photos but I am afraid she's not going to win 'rear of the year'. The stern is not quite as ugly as Azura & Ventura but not far off. At least she looks like she will have some very stylish interiors though.

They are indeed fantastic photos but I am afraid she's not going to win 'rear of the year'. The stern is not quite as ugly as Azura & Ventura but not far off. At least she looks like she will have some very stylish interiors though.

Funny how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have always thought the vertical stern of Ventura and Azura is much better looking and more aesthetically striking than the standard tiered back approach of many ships. I also think their long projecting prows are more attractive than the more vertical prow of Britannia and it's sister ships. In the end though I am happiest when I can see neither as it means that I am on board!!:)