Formal clothing on a B2B

beachbum6264

I haven't been on a B2B yet (notice I said yet), but I certainly would repeat formal night clothing. Most of the folks on the 2nd leg won't have seen your outfits, and even if they did, I doubt they'd remember unless it was something completely outstanding like day-glow orange with feathers all over it! :D

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Do you repeat formal wear on a B2B? I have enough to bring for the 6 formal nights, but would rather not drag that much luggage with us. I'd rather leave room in the bag for souvenirs!

Truth be told, I repeat formal wear on the same cruise. Our recent cruise we had 6 formal nights. I wore the same (long) gown with different jewelry/wraps for 3 nights, the same dress black slacks on 2 nights with 2 different fancy tops and a midlength black skirt with one of the fancy tops for the last one.

I always wear my formal clothes more than once. We always go to our room and change after dinner, so I only have my formal wear on for about 2 hours, anyway. I don't care if people see me in the same clothes. As long as you look nice, what difference does it make? I have taken many cruises and I used to wear something different every night, but I got over that a long time ago. Believe it or not, I just got off a 22 day cruise and packed everything in a carry-on and a backpack.

Do you repeat formal wear on a B2B? I have enough to bring for the 6 formal nights, but would rather not drag that much luggage with us. I'd rather leave room in the bag for souvenirs!

I did a B2B last year with 8 formal nights. I wore the same long sleeveless black dress with 4 different wraps and jewelry. I sent the dress once to the laundry but I'll also admit that was due to a spill. Does anyone really notice? My last cruise I wore the same dress all 3 formal nights and no one said a word.

On 20 days cruise I brought 3 dresses and wore each twice. If there is a next time I will only bring two. I am pretty sure no one at our table cared that I did that. On upcoming cruise with 3 formal nights, I plan on bringing one dress and black pants with a nice top. Husband always rents tux, but plans next time on just bringing a jacket and tie.

I also repeat my formal wear. We take mostly long cruises and I don't want to drag that much onboard.

I have several sparkly tops, one very sparkly jacket, two formal pants ( one black, one white ) and one black silk handkerchief skirt. I rotate them.

Thanks for all the replies. I feel better about my packing plans now. Packing will be interesting - we are spending Christmas in DC with our DD, then driving to Ft. Lauderdale with stops in Charleston and Savannah. Then after the cruise we have a couple of weeks in SW Florida. :eek: I'll be packing for before, during, and after.

We did a 21 day Collector's Cruise recently - and I only brought one pair of dressy black pants and black top, a dressy jacket and two Pashmina's. These days it's important to me to pack light. I'm tired of having to pack lots of stuff...and then unpack it when we get home!

Many, many years ago, I would have packed for each formal and 'semi formal' night (remember those days).

Now, for 8 formal nights - I took on pair of black pants, one long skirt and one dressy gown along with sparkly, nice tops and shawls. That was plenty - even with nights in the Pinnacle Grill, Le cirque, etc. :)

I have no problem repeating:)

Geez, we guys have it so easy. One dark suit, several ties and were good to go.:D

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhh!! The little crawling insect is back. :eek: I almost missed the little guy. :D

Ha ha ----not referring to your post. Just quoting you to get your attention. Yes guys have it easy with the packing.

Aaaaaaaaggggghhhh!! The little crawling insect is back. :eek: I almost missed the little guy. :D

Ha ha ----not referring to your post. Just quoting you to get your attention. Yes guys have it easy with the packing.

Yes, I had to let him out of his cage for a little while. He was starting to feel no one loved him.

Hey, if people can have a pet rock, why not a little bugger?

Yes, I had to let him out of his cage for a little while. He was starting to feel no one loved him.

Hey, if people can have a pet rock, why not a little bugger?

When my GrandKittens are visiting, they find your "little bugger" extremely interesting and will pounce at the screen. :D

LuLu

~~~~

Absolutely no one, no one, no one (but you) cares how many times you repeat an outfit. Really. Seriously. :eek:

This is so true.Unless an outfit is truly outstanding, I can't remember from one night to another what anyone else wears.

I've told this story before. Our 1st cruise was 11-day Holiday cruise. This was back in the casual/semi-formal/formal days. I packed for 3 outfits per day (morning, pool wear, dinner) for 11 days - never repeating an outfit. Same for DH. Thankfully we drove to the port with our :eek: 7 suitcases and 1 carry-on. By day 3 I couldn't remember what I had worn, and what I hadn't.

Now I can pack for a 2 week Alaska cruise in 1 suitcase. :D DH still has some issues cutting back - but not me! :rolleyes: He is slow to give up a different outfit for each formal evening.

I've told this story before. Our 1st cruise was 11-day Holiday cruise. This was back in the casual/semi-formal/formal days. I packed for 3 outfits per day (morning, pool wear, dinner) for 11 days - never repeating an outfit. Same for DH. Thankfully we drove to the port with our :eek: 7 suitcases and 1 carry-on. By day 3 I couldn't remember what I had worn, and what I hadn't.

Now I can pack for a 2 week Alaska cruise in 1 suitcase. :D DH still has some issues cutting back - but not me! :rolleyes: He is slow to give up a different outfit for each formal evening.

We did the same thing on one of our earlier cruises. I never wore everything. I just repeated the same evening clothes. It was only a 7 night cruise and we had so many suitcases. Some place I have a picture of me waiting at the pier with all those bags.

Ah, yes, I recall the cruising days when we changed 3X a day. For our first cruise (7-day), DH & I hauled 7 bags for two people! One of those bags held nothing but my shoes. These days, paying for those bags to fly is almost as expensive as the cruise itself!

Now, we limit ourselves to a carry-on for each of us. If we can't fit all our stuff in one carry-on, then some clothing gets left in the closet at home. I love the smaller HAL ships with self-service laundry. It allows us to pack even less, since we have the option of taking maybe 4 day-time outfits and washing them to wear again.

I agree that the packing and unpacking wears on one's nerves. Those clothes that I don't plan to wear again during a cruise, I pack as I undress. Come the last day, I'm pretty much packed to disembark, thus saving lots of time for last minute fun about the ship. Does anyone else do this?

Edited by sevenseasnomad