Did Celebrity get it right - Captain's Club

ghstudio

Can anyone confirm if days ashore on Celebrity CruiseTours will continue to receive points? Under the old system, those days counted toward the extra length that gained one additional CC point. If they will be counted, will it be at the rate associated with the onboard cabin (e.g. suite, Aqua, inside, etc.)?

It seems that Celebrity will likely lose a lot of CruiseTour business to other tour providers if they do not award loyalty points for the shore days.

I thought I saw on facebook that you would get points for cruisetours, but check out facebook to make sure I read it correctly.

I just think they should give everyone bonus points. Why bite the hand that feeds you?

It wasn't about the points????? Hmmmmm!

Originally Posted by 20pluscruises viewpost.gif

Not in my case. Just shy of 700 points with an AQ class booked. Why would I want to stay committed to a cruise line that doesn't seem to value my loyaty? Pretty sure I'm not alone.....

I don't mind the new program and tiers however in fairness to all of us who booked an upcoming cruise prior to the November 25th date for sailing in 2014 that should have been a major consideration. I would have thought that "beginning" 2014 any new bookings should have been the starting point.

So you are saying that if you booked cruises before November 25, you don't get points under the new system? What kind of points do you get if any?

We have three cruises booked in 2014, all booked before November 25. I can't cancel one that leaves on 1/5/14. Do you suggest then I cancel the other two cruises and rebook under the new system?

Many thanks for your response.

My husband and I are in exactly the same situation: booked at concierge level to gain the points needed for Select status. We needed those two points. Now, like you, we will be ten points short of the required total. Bonus points for moving to Elite, nothing for those hoping to move to Select. I think Celebrity may have alienated a significant number of customers who enjoy cruising.

We also miss a lot of the small touches, especially the fresh flowers on the MDR tables.

Last cruise we couldn't even get one of those fake candles they have. Our table was always missing it.

Also miss the great chocolate they use to leave on the pillow. These Celebrity Chocolates are terrible.

My DH has also commented that he misses the Midnight Bites that someone else has previously posted about.

The title of this thread is "Did Celebrity get it right -- Captain's Club." Now you are complaining about items that were never part of the Captain's Club. If you are this unhappy then perhaps it is time you find a different cruise line.

So you are saying that if you booked cruises before November 25, you don't get points under the new system? What kind of points do you get if any?

We have three cruises booked in 2014, all booked before November 25. I can't cancel one that leaves on 1/5/14. Do you suggest then I cancel the other two cruises and rebook under the new system?

Many thanks for your response.

You don't need to worry about that. You will get points under the new system.

The concern was that people had made bookings under the old system, but will only get points under the new system.

As the new system mostly awards fewer points than the old system, that is understandably concerning to some.

The title of this thread is "Did Celebrity get it right -- Captain's Club." Now you are complaining about items that were never part of the Captain's Club. If you are this unhappy then perhaps it is time you find a different cruise line.

I think a few posts back he/she said that was what they were going to do....:confused:

I recieved the letter from Celebrity, and it seems that the priority disembarkation at a tender port as well as the Elite Breakfast is missing from the list. I do however notice Coffee Break.. wonder if it's the same. Ideas?

The extra bag of free landry and extra minutes is nice.

I recieved the letter from Celebrity, and it seems that the priority disembarkation at a tender port as well as the Elite Breakfast is missing from the list. I do however notice Coffee Break.. wonder if it's the same. Ideas?

The extra bag of free landry and extra minutes is nice.

We really enjoy the Elite breakfast. I didn't realize it was missing.

If anyone from Celebrity reads this, please clarify and please don't take it away from us. It's our favourite perk.

If anyone from Celebrity reads this' date=' please clarify and please don't take it away from us. It's our favourite perk.[/quote']

It's not missing. Go to the website and it is listed as "coffeehouse style breakfast".

Den

If anyone from Celebrity reads this' date=' please clarify and please don't take it away from us. It's our favourite perk.[/quote']

Just got of the Reflection TA and we had coffee, danish and fruits every morning in the Tuscan Grille.

Please, don't yell at me as I am not actually complaining about the new system!

I would like to find out how many points were given (and I note the word 'given' as in a freebie!) for a TA cruise under the old Captain's Club scheme?

I vaguely remember that apart from being an extra point for any cruise longer than 12 nights, an extra point was also given for a TA, too.

Could anyone confirm or not for me, please? Or is old-age setting in a little faster than I had hoped.......

Thanks!

Candelle

I would like to find out how many points were given (and I note the word 'given' as in a freebie!) for a TA cruise under the old Captain's Club scheme?

I vaguely remember that apart from being an extra point for any cruise longer than 12 nights, an extra point was also given for a TA, too.

Could anyone confirm or not for me, please? Or is old-age setting in a little faster than I had hoped.......

Thanks!

Candelle

I have done 3 TAs with Celebrity and have never received any extra points.

Thanks!

Candelle

No extra point. You will get points (depending on your cabin type) times the number of days cruised. I.E., 12 days in a concierge class cabin is 12 X 5 = 60 points or 12 days in an inside or ocean view is 12 X 2 = 24. They did in the old program give an extra point for cruises 12 days or longer, that is what you might have been thinking of, but no longer in the new program.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Thanks!

Candelle

We have done a couple of TA's no xtra point.

Thanks!

Candelle

Candelle - If you go to the Celebrity website, click on Captain's Club, and then your cruise history, it will show exactly how many credits you received for each cruise you have taken with Celebrity. They also will show how your credits were converted to the new point system. At least I hope you can do this in the UK! :) It works on the US site.

Thanks!

Candelle

We,ve done many transatlantic cruises. All were 14 nights or longer and we sail in Aqua Class. Under the old system we received 2 points for the sailing being more than 12 nights and 1 point for the cabin being a CC cabin or higher. No points awarded for a transatlantic. Very few perks, if any, are offered with these sailing because typically they are very cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Forums mobile app

I think the manner of awarding points moving forward is very fair. Those who spend more and cruise longer earn more points, and that is how an award program should be. In my opinion, points per day is more fair than rewarding a 4-day cruise and 9-day cruise at the same level, and I think that rewarding the top cabins with maximum points is an industry first -- one that will be greatly appreciated by those that sail in expensive suites.

As in other recent conversions (RCI, Carnival), cruisers with a lot of shorter, less expensive cruises benefitted greatly from the conversion while those who had sailed in suites or on long itineraries weren't awarded new points that were commensurate with their sailing history. Perhaps everybody who was trying to get to Elite on a short cruise should be thankful they weren't "dinged" for any of their short cruises in the conversion.

No cruise line loyalty program is perfect. They are "one size fits all" incentives designed to attempt to keep people cruising with a brand. One thing I would like to see Celebrity (and all cruise lines) add to their programs is points for on-board spending...I understand from reading parts of the discussion on Facebook that may be added in the future.

As in other recent conversions (RCI, Carnival), cruisers with a lot of shorter, less expensive cruises benefitted greatly from the conversion while those who had sailed in suites or on long itineraries weren't awarded new points that were commensurate with their sailing history. Perhaps everybody who was trying to get to Elite on a short cruise should be thankful they weren't "dinged" for any of their short cruises in the conversion.

That is incorrect in regards longer cruises on Carnival. The old system a cruise was a cruise - 3 days or 16 days. They counted the same and Platinum was reached with your 10th cruise. Carnival did give everyone almost a year and a half before the new system kicked in to advance. The new system is strictly number of days sailed. If you had 9 three day cruises under the old system you were one cruises away from Platinum, if you didn't take it in the grace period, you are now 48 cruise days away from Platinum. People with a few T/As of Hawaii cruises did much better in the conversion. :)

The people with 8 or 9 short cruises that couldn't squeeze in the their 10th in the timne period -- were not happy :)

It is true that there is no advantage before or after the new plan to book a more expensive cabin.

I think the manner of awarding points moving forward is very fair. Those who spend more and cruise longer earn more points, and that is how an award program should be. In my opinion, points per day is more fair than rewarding a 4-day cruise and 9-day cruise at the same level,

Is it? Are you more loyal because you booked a 9 night cruise, than because you booked a 4 night cruise? :confused:

Yes sir, over two times more loyal.

True!! we only got two points for 11 nights on a Celebrity suite on the Equinox, which translated to 60 new points. With the new system this cruise is worth 132 points. I agree with Cindy, the new system is very fair, and will also like to see Celebrity adding points for on-board spending!! :):)