New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

We did not have any ''extra charge" items on the menu. The meal was very nice -- however, if I had been paying $29 I would have sent my filet back -- I asked for rare, what I got was just a little beyond medium to the well side. I personally like -- as my husband says -- just shy of crawling == seared and blueish in the middle.

We did not have any ''extra charge" items on the menu. The meal was very nice -- however, if I had been paying $29 I would have sent my filet back -- I asked for rare, what I got was just a little beyond medium to the well side. I personally like -- as my husband says -- just shy of crawling == seared and blueish in the middle.

Regardless of paying our not I would have sent that back. Medium or higher is inedible and you shouldn't accept it If you didn't order it that way.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

We are fresh off the Nieuw Amsterdam, and were very disappointed with the Pinnacle. We usually order the petite filet, baked spud and Caesar salad the first time. The next time we have alternatives.

We were booked in the Pinnacle for two nights, so we started with our alternatives. Usually my alternative is filet skewers, with rice and arugula salad. Skewers gone! Arugula salad gone! So I tried the cioppino, which I love. Inedible it was so salty (and I like salt). Caesar salad: 3 romaine leaves (I swear in a glass), kind of like a dipping hors d'oeuvre. Couldn't do dessert because service was so slow. And speaking of pretentious service, Claudio who spoke French and Portuguese refused to speak French with me. (At breakfast, as well.)

My SIL's alternative was the spinach-stuffed chicken breast. It arrived looking for all the world like a roasted rat. There was some strange bone sticking out of the top. And there was maybe a teaspoon of spinach. And the vegetable sides were served as mini-servings of everything. What a waste of food. If I want Brussels sprouts and she wants asparagus, why do we need servings of everything else: potatoes, etc.

We cancelled our second reservation and changed it to the Tamarind. What's a difference: welcoming maître d', fabulous helpful waitress, everything we didn't get in the Pinnacle.

Personally, I will miss the skewers, SIL will miss the chicken, but the fact that for all intents and purposes there is NO real salad on the menu really seals the deal.

We're done with the Pinnacle. If only other ships had the Tamarind.

Edited by LVSue

Fresh off the NA from the blues cruise. Yep, sad to say the PG has gone downhill.

As an aside, Claudio did speak to us mainly in French, he was quite pleasant.

I was disappointed in my petite filet, it was served well done, which was a shame. Such a waste. My hubby wasn't thrilled with his ribeye. Our friends didn't say much about their meals. Claudio served the whole range of sides, carrots, brussel sprouts, wilted spinach, mushrooms (sadly, as I love mushrooms, they weren't good), asparagus and whipped potatoes. Hubby was unhappy his creme brûlée trio was soft, and there was no crackle. I had the soufflé, which was meh. Claudio recommended the gooey chocolate cake explosion. Our friend, Jean-Yves said it was good.

So hit and miss at the PG. We used to go 3 to 4 nights at the PG on a seven day cruise. We won't now.

We went to Canaletto. I would go there with less than four people. That way it is easier to get what you like.

Tamarind is still the best.

We did eat in the MDR a couple of times. Blech. Not good.

A caesar salad has a strict defintion. Their cutesy version of a few pieces of romaine sounds awful. If they aren't serving a real caesar salad they should not be calling it that on the menu.

Edited by sail7seas

A caesar salad has a strict defintion. Their cutesy version of a few pieces of romaine sounds awful. If they aren't serving a real caesar salad they should not be calling it that on the menu.

Of all of the changes, discontinuing the Caesar Salad prepared at the table is the worst....it was a primary reason I looked forward to the Pinnacle. The salad they now serve isn't even close to the real thing! :rolleyes:

This is so distressing to read. I booked and paid for 6 nights in Pinnacle Grill and 1 night in Canaletto. So many things are gone from the menu that I enjoyed on many, many prior cruises. I usually had a Caesar salad every night. The new one sounds absolutely awful! I will so miss the steak Diane and the kabobs and scalloped potatoes to name but a few. And, we get to pay more money for far less. I also enjoyed a soufflé for desert. I am not clear on whether or not that is gone as well. So sad that the Carvivore bean counters strike yet again. I wonder if HAL monitors these boards. NCL sure does monitor theirs which are far more active. HAL, are you listening??? Price increase is one thing, but charging more and taking so much away is quite another....on top of new wine policy. I will not go there because that is truly depressing as I have pre ordered from your uninspired and overpriced wine list.

Of all of the changes, discontinuing the Caesar Salad prepared at the table is the worst....it was a primary reason I looked forward to the Pinnacle. The salad they now serve isn't even close to the real thing! :rolleyes:

DH and I would often share a Caesar Salad -- loved that it was made fresh.

This "new" Caesar sounds horrible.

I hope someone else will come along and tell us about their experience with the Caesar salad. As was mentioned, the menu online still describes it as a "Caesar salad", not some deconstructed concoction which LVSue was served.

I can tell you mine was as what everyone described except I thought there was only one stalk of Romaine Lettuce with a drizzle of Caesar dressing and a couple of croutons. Personally I do not like having to do my own cutting with a knife of my salad. I definitely was no impressed. Then I was hoping the soup would have some resemblance to the Chicken Thai Soup, sadly it did not. This was probably the first time I had room for dessert. The only good thing about the Pinnacle is they have not changed anything for the Lunch menu which was excellent.

I can tell you mine was as what everyone described except I thought there was only one stalk of Romaine Lettuce with a drizzle of Caesar dressing and a couple of croutons. Personally I do not like having to do my own cutting with a knife of my salad. I definitely was no impressed. Then I was hoping the soup would have some resemblance to the Chicken Thai Soup, sadly it did not. This was probably the first time I had room for dessert. The only good thing about the Pinnacle is they have not changed anything for the Lunch menu which was excellent.

Haven't changed the lunch menu Yet. :rolleyes:

Was just making a reservation for Le Cirque with Ship's Services, and I mentioned about the decline of quality and disappointment about the PG and their new menu. She told me that they have just noticed the complaints coming in and online complaints. At least their looking at it.

Was just making a reservation for Le Cirque with Ship's Services, and I mentioned about the decline of quality and disappointment about the PG and their new menu. She told me that they have just noticed the complaints coming in and online complaints. At least their looking at it.

But will Seattle do anything about it?

I'm surprised they admitted it. Interesting. Thx for the info.

That is good to hear.

I had the Caesar salad on Saturday on the NA. It was nothing special. It was in a Parmesan formed bowl (kinda cool) but only a couple of small leaves of romaine lettuce with what tasted like bottled dressing on a bit of the lettuce. Marginally better than the crap Caesar salad that is served in the MDR. Not up to good restaurant quality though.

Th tomato soup with lemongrass and chicken is almost identical to the chicken pho soup in the Tamarind. Just a different colour. It was really good.

We were very disappointed with the food at the PG on Saturday. Service was ok. Claudio the waiter told us he had only been with HAL one month and wasn't that impressed with management.

I had the Caesar salad on Saturday on the NA. It was nothing special. It was in a Parmesan formed bowl (kinda cool) but only a couple of small leaves of romaine lettuce with what tasted like bottled dressing on a bit of the lettuce. Marginally better than the crap Caesar salad that is served in the MDR. Not up to good restaurant quality though.

Th tomato soup with lemongrass and chicken is almost identical to the chicken pho soup in the Tamarind. Just a different colour. It was really good.

We were very disappointed with the food at the PG on Saturday. Service was ok. Claudio the waiter told us he had only been with HAL one month and wasn't that impressed with management.

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November 2013 -- and thankfully we had the old menu.

You mentioned a Parmesan formed bowl for the Caesar Salad -- was it editable?

We will not touch the Caesar Salad in the Lido or order it in the dining room. It is made in huge bowls way in advance and thus sits there and gets all wilted.

That's hopeful, at the very least. Perhaps more negative comments will eventually have an impact. They can't know if we don't tell them!

Thanks, rwams, for this post.

Claudio better be careful or he'll be looking for a new job. If he worked for me he'd be gone the same day I heard about him saying this to a customer. :eek:

Claudio better be careful or he'll be looking for a new job. If he worked for me he'd be gone the same day I heard about him saying this to a customer. :eek:

If he's not happy, there are plenty of others willing to take his place.

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November 2013 -- and thankfully we had the old menu.

You mentioned a Parmesan formed bowl for the Caesar Salad -- was it editable?

We will not touch the Caesar Salad in the Lido or order it in the dining room. It is made in huge bowls way in advance and thus sits there and gets all wilted.

Yes, the bowl was edible! It was ok, but i am sure some folks are wondering where the Parmesan was for the salad.