New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

Wow, the Pinnacle is never full or even close to full? Am I reading that right? I think that would explain some of the changes they are trying to make then.

They make strong effort to NOT have Pinnacle full.

It has been a constant bone of contention. People are refused reservations and when they pass by the restaurant during the evening

there are empty tables. It is very rare for more than 80% of the tables to be full.

There are several theories as to why.

I've been told some by Hotel Managers and Captains and other explanations by Pinnacle Managers. :)

It has been a constant bone of contention. People are refused reservations and when they pass by the restaurant during the evening

there are empty tables. It is very rare for more than 80% of the tables to be full.

I've been told some by Hotel Managers and Captains and other explanations by Pinnacle Managers. :)

On my last cruise the MDR was closed almost every day at lunch due to it being port intensive. To say I hate the lido is putting it mildly. I don't like to make reservation for lunch super far ahead if I know I can't fully commit. Several times I would phone a day ahead to book for lunch the next day to be told it was full. Because I'd called so often they graced me with a reservation on the last day even though they were "full". I don't think there was 20 people in there the whole time and the Pinnacle manager said it's never that "busy" on a port day. I think they are so disorganized and that's why they can't be full. They had many waiters but that didn't help. I just don't understand why everything is such a struggle for them.

Judy, please share what you have been told. ;)

When we sailed on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 2010, there were 12 Pinnacle workers. On our recent cruise -- only 8.

And we haven't seen any females working there any more. I was told that the reason is they can not handle pushing wheelchair people around on embarkation and disembarkation day.

I have a feeling the new menu changes is to save money and time. I will be curious to see what people think of the food in the Pinnacle using the new menus. We all just have to wait till about the middle of January before people start to report in.

There were several female servers in the PG on my last cruise. And to my consternation, one of those tiny little things got to push my DH off in his wheelchair - he's not a lightweight. I was ready to push right along with her, but she managed very well and didn't need my help.:o

There were several female servers in the PG on my last cruise. And to my consternation, one of those tiny little things got to push my DH off in his wheelchair - he's not a lightweight. I was ready to push right along with her, but she managed very well and didn't need my help.:o

The PG staff is first up as to "wheelchair assist" from ship to terminal on disembarkation day. They're used to it

When we have our last breakfast in Pinnacle on disembarkation morning, they always mention they will be doing wheelchair assist. It amazes me how those petite, very tiny ladies can manage wheelchairs on angled gangways especially if the guest is on the heavyset side. They must be stronger than they look. :)

When we have our last breakfast in Pinnacle on disembarkation morning, they always mention they will be doing wheelchair assist. It amazes me how those petite, very tiny ladies can manage wheelchairs on angled gangways especially if the guest is on the heavyset side. They must be stronger than they look. :)

They can be fierce! Especially to their male counterparts :)

On the Amsterdam, Westerdam and Nieuw Asmterdam -- we have not had any females working in the Pinnacle.

There are currently a total of 78 female staff working on/assigned to the PG on various HAL ships. The only ships currently without female PG staff are Prinsendam and Statendam. The thirteen other ships all have female PG staff ranging from one (Zaandam) to nine (Amsterdam & Nieuw Amsterdam)

Clifford was our server on Oosterdam in May- we ended up there every night at the same booth. He is great-we really enjoyed every dinner and his personality. Actually the entire staff at Oosterdam Pinnacle was superb- we had different servers at breakfast and lunch.

We'd be very happy to see Clifford in the Pinnacle on Zuiderdam next May but he seemed pretty attached to Oosterdam.

Edited by frankc98376

Veendam, Maasdam, Noordam, Westerdam, Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Oosterdam all had some female staff in Pinnacle Grill for our cruises the last couple of years or so. Some had female Pinnacle Managers.

Westerdam -- spring of 2013 -- no females in PG -- not even as a manager.

Nieuw Amsterdam -- Nov 3 - Nov 17, 2013 -- no females in PG -- not even as a manager.

:eek: What does all the talk about female servers have to do with the New Pinnacle Menu??? And frankly who cares what ship and when had female servers. Have we really stooped so low to have to nit pick about male and female servers :rolleyes: Crew rotate from ship to ship and have various contracts.

:eek: What does all the talk about female servers have to do with the New Pinnacle Menu??? And frankly who cares what ship and when had female servers. Have we really stooped so low to have to nit pick about male and female servers :rolleyes: Crew rotate from ship to ship and have various contracts.

Exactly; who started all this drama over female PG waiters anyway? ;)

Exactly; who started all this drama over female PG waiters anyway? ;)

A more interesting conversation could be had about Filipino and non-Filipino staff in the Pinnacle Grill. I have never been able to figure out what the European waiters are doing there. I have often seen them being very rude and superior to the Filipino staff. They certainly do not come with the same work ethics as the rest of the staff.

Edited by taxmantoo

Where is that dam like button :)

A more interesting conversation could be had about Filipino and non-Filipino staff in the Pinnacle Grill. I have never been able to figure out what the European waiters are doing there. I have often seen them being very rude and superior to the Filipino staff. They certainly do not come with the same work ethics as the rest of the staff.

Truth!