New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

I asked my TA and this is what he sent me. You can see that caviar is added for additional cost and that several dishes are missing (i.e. Steak Diane) but some new ones are added.

THE BEGINNING

TOMATO BROTH WITH SPICY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN

with flavors of kaffir lime and cilantro

LOBSTER BISQUE

crème fraîche and aged cognac

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

CAESAR SALAD

heart of romaine, grated parmesan cheese, garlic

croutons, anchovies and house-made dressing

BEEFSTEAK TOMATO AND BASIL

sliced red onion, pesto, extra virgin

olive oil and balsamic reduction

* STEAK TARTARE

seasoned finely-chopped Double R Ranch beef

accompanied with parsley, cornichon, capers and red onion

JUMBO-LUMP CRAB CAKES

sweet chili-mustard sauce

* OSCIETRA MALOSSOL CAVIAR $45

served on ice with crème fraîche and buckwheat blini

THE GRILL

DOUBLE R RANCH STEAKS

served with your choice of hand-crafted sauce:

sun-dried tomato ° master chef ’s green peppercorn ° béarnaise ° horseradish-mustard ° hollandaise ° maitre d’ garlic butter

* 7OZ. PETITE FILET MIGNON

* 10 OZ. FILET MIGNON

* 23 OZ. PORTERHOUSE

* 12 OZ NEW YORK STRIP STEAK

* 18 OZ. BONE-IN RIB EYE STEAK

* GRILLED COLORADO LAMB CHOPS

spiced apple chutney, fresh mint sauce

* DOUBLE-CUT KUROBUTA PORK CHOP

marinated in rosemary, garlic and pepper vinegar with scallions

ROASTED JIDORI CHICKEN WITH PORCINI MUSHROOMS

cider vinegar jus, forbiden rice cake with quinoa and apricot, mâche salad and toasted pistachio nuts

SEAFOOD

* BROILED ALASKAN KING SALMON

with lemon garlic herb splash

KING CRAB LEGS $20

your choice steamed or broiled served with drawn butter

* CEDAR PLANKED PACIFIC HALIBUT WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI

roasted garlic and cilantro butter

WEST COAST STYLE SEAFOOD CIOPPINO

tomato braised clams, mussels, shrimp, Alaskan crab and halibut

THE VEGETARIAN INTRIGUE

BAKED-STUFFED EGGPLANT

ragoût of zucchini, onion, eggplant and tomato on creamy polenta

WILD MUSHROOM RAVIOLI

in pesto cream sauce

ROASTED PUMPKIN RISOTTO

mascarpone cheese and Swiss chard

SHAREABLE SIDES

wilted spinach - sautéed mushrooms - baby carrots - grilled asparagus

Brussels sprouts with Parmesan and pancetta - classic whipped potatoes - shoestring fries with truffle aïoli

INDIVIDUAL SIDE

jumbo baked Idaho potato

Holland America Line only serves sustainable seafood

THE FINALE

NOT-SO-CLASSIC BAKED ALASKA

Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream with Bing cherries jubilee

WARM GRAND MARNIER CHOCOLATE VOLCANO CAKE

the ultimate chocolate experience

PINNACLE SOUFFLÉ

vanilla soufflé with base of mixed berry compote and finished with molten Drambuie cream truffle

LEMON-BRÛLÉE TART

blueberry whipped cream

CREAMY HOMEMADE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE

served with fresh berries

FRESH BERRIES

with a Sabayon sauce

PREMIUM ICE CREAM AND SORBET

DAILY CHEESE PLATE

Thanks :) Oh My I see some definitely changes....no more Creme Brulee' or at least the three flavors.

I also had heard they no longer had the Sterling Silver Beef and now it is Double R Ranch.

Then Land and Sea being gone, that was something I usually ordered.

Well guess I will find out on the Veendam in a few weeks

My new favorite, the boneless ribeye steak is gone! I don't see the onion rings listed, either! Where's the chocolate soufflé? :eek: Oh, this is not a good change.

It's one thing to add selections that people might enjoy, but it's another thing entirely to remove perfectly lovely selections! :mad:

That was something we thought was amiss on our recent visit to the Pinnacle. We ordered Caesar salad and it was supposed to be made tableside but was not. It was made somewhere else and delivered to our table. We were a little puzzled :confused: over this. Has this happened to anyone else.....or was it just us?? Maybe they have started to not make salads tableside anymore? We were just on the Eurodam Nov 17 week.

We were just on the NA Dec 1 - 8th and the Caesar salad was indeed made table side in the Pinnacle.

I had my first Pinnacle dinner for the next cruise all picked out. Now there's no lobster at all - just the lobster bisque. :( I guess I'll have to settle for the petite filet mignon instead of the steak diane, I am happy there's wilted spinach, I always felt they put too much allspice (?) in the creamed spinach.

I know DD will want the crab legs! She will be so happy.:)

I am going to miss the Ocean Platter appetizer, the flamed kabobs and the scalloped potatoes. Especially the last one.

Is this about Explore 4 and the supposed hordes that will descend on the Pinnacle? Slightly more streamlined menu, faster to serve (no tableside), so I guess this makes sense.

Fine with me as long as we get 2 complimntary dinners.

We were just on the NA Dec 1 - 8th and the Caesar salad was indeed made table side in the Pinnacle.

I guess the Eurodam stopped doing it.......OR they had their hands full with the table for 12 next to us and decided to make it elsewhere.......who knows???:confused:

All I know is, although I thought it was very good, I don't think it was worth $50. The Tamarind was another story......well worth the extra cost.

The shrimp cocktail in the Pinnacle was incredible though...a meal in itself!

Edited by Irish Eyes Are Sailing

I am going to miss the Ocean Platter appetizer, the flamed kabobs and the scalloped potatoes. Especially the last one.

Is this about Explore 4 and the supposed hordes that will descend on the Pinnacle? Slightly more streamlined menu, faster to serve (no tableside), so I guess this makes sense.

Fine with me as long as we get 2 complimntary dinners.

I had to go back and look :( You are right the Ocean Platter is gone. That is my always appetizer. That does make me sad. That and I do like those Scalloped potatoes.

Now the weirdest thing they added was Brussel Sprouts :eek:

Where's the chocolate soufflé? :eek: Oh, this is not a good change.

It's one thing to add selections that people might enjoy, but it's another thing entirely to remove perfectly lovely selections! :mad:[/color]

Of all the changes that is the one that caught my eye also. I loved the chocolate souffle. (I've always considered vanilla as someone's idea of a joke!)

I had to go back and look :( You are right the Ocean Platter is gone. That is my always appetizer. That does make me sad. That and I do like those Scalloped potatoes.

Now the weirdest thing they added was Brussel Sprouts :eek:

:) We love brussel sprouts. One of our favorite veggies.

I was tired of the asperagus and the creamed spinach was always too salty for my taste. I won't miss either.

WEST COAST STYLE SEAFOOD CIOPPINO

tomato braised clams, mussels, shrimp, Alaskan crab and halibut

I hope the Cioppino is good. When done well, it's a wonderful dish.

I'm eager to sample it. :)

I was tired of the asperagus and the creamed spinach was always too salty for my taste. I won't miss either.

I agree, Brussels sprouts are one of our favorites as well. Creamed spinach, not so much. To each his/her own I guess.

I agree that the Spinach was always way too salty I gave up on ordering that too. I am fearing the Brussel Sprouts will be salty as well but think it will be not ordered that frequently.

I too hope that the Cioppino is good. Although it is one of those items I would I would like to sample first or see it to make sure that I will want to have it as my Main dish. If I ordered it and did not like it I would feel bad that I did not order my petite filet :o I wonder if they would bring out a small sample?

I agree that the Spinach was always way too salty I gave up on ordering that too. I am fearing the Brussel Sprouts will be salty as well but think it will be not ordered that frequently.

I too hope that the Cioppino is good. Although it is one of those items I would I would like to sample first or see it to make sure that I will want to have it as my Main dish. If I ordered it and did not like it I would feel bad that I did not order my petite filet :o I wonder if they would bring out a small sample?

Maybe they'd bring you a spoonful of the broth. If you like the flavor of the 'soup', you'll likely enjoy the entree.

I have a question about ordering... I know on other cruise lines in the specialty restaurants you can still order an additional appetizer at no extra charge (not the entrée of course). Does HAL allow that in Pinnacle? Say my husband and I want to try the crab cakes, steak tartare and have some lobster bisque?