New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

I also would like to see a picture of how much caviar a person gets at that price. And what type it is.

It's listed as Oscietra Malossol caviar. Oscietra (more usually called Ossetra) is definitely a premium type of caviar. On the spectrum of caviar, it actually falls between Beluga (best) and Sevruga.

Who knows what the serving size will look like, but an ounce of Ossetra can cost from $80 upwards to $150.

Thanks :) Oh My I see some definitely changes....no more Creme Brulee' or at least the three flavors.

I also had heard they no longer had the Sterling Silver Beef and now it is Double R Ranch.

Then Land and Sea being gone, that was something I usually ordered.

Well guess I will find out on the Veendam in a few weeks

What is the difference in quality between 'Sterling Silver Beef' & 'Double R Ranch? :confused:

Something else that bugs me -- why so many vegetables being offered in 2 person servings?

Rarely on a cruise do DH and I order the same vegetable.

That means that if we each order different vegetables, there is going to be a lot wasted as neither of us could eat a 2 person portion of vegetables.

I agree about the veggies, KK. All the sides are "shareable", except for a baked potato. Why? DH and I rarely ever select the same side dishes. Maybe they think you will then only order 2 veggies per couple and share rather than 2 sides per person as many people do. More I think about it the more I think that's the real reason for "shareable". Another way to cut costs.

Something else that bugs me -- why so many vegetables being offered in 2 person servings?

Rarely on a cruise do DH and I order the same vegetable.

That means that if we each order different vegetables, there is going to be a lot wasted as neither of us could eat a 2 person portion of vegetables.

This is the standard for many steak houses, so I assume that is the reason why... it's just tradition. I've always run into the same issue with my husband, he doesn't care for things like spinach or asparagus. I mentioned the brussel sprouts to him last night and he cringed, lol. Said they were all mine. :D We're both happy with the bone in ribeye option so we're happy with the choices that we see, but we weren't spoiled by knowing an old menu.

It's listed as Oscietra Malossol caviar. Oscietra (more usually called Ossetra) is definitely a premium type of caviar. On the spectrum of caviar, it actually falls between Beluga (best) and Sevruga.

Who knows what the serving size will look like, but an ounce of Ossetra can cost from $80 upwards to $150.

Thank you for the information.

I agree about the veggies, KK. All the sides are "shareable", except for a baked potato. Why? DH and I rarely ever select the same side dishes. Maybe they think you will then only order 2 veggies per couple and share rather than 2 sides per person as many people do. More I think about it the more I think that's the real reason for "shareable". Another way to cut costs.

Funny -- but many times we ask to share the baked potato as they are much larger than the ones I have at home.

And then we each order another side.

I wonder if the next move will be for HAL to limit the number of sides we can get??

This is the standard for many steak houses, so I assume that is the reason why... it's just tradition. I've always run into the same issue with my husband, he doesn't care for things like spinach or asparagus. I mentioned the brussel sprouts to him last night and he cringed, lol. Said they were all mine. :D We're both happy with the bone in ribeye option so we're happy with the choices that we see, but we weren't spoiled by knowing an old menu.

Your husband and I would get along with the vegetables. :)

Most of the steakhouses around have gone belly-up. So it has been years since we dined in one and I truly don't remember how the vegetables came.

Since this has been running on Oosterdam I'm wondering if the menu isn't finalized and possibly Oosterdam is the "beta". Restaurants generally do this to fine tune based on customer feedback. If the Caviar or Crab Legs do not sell they will likely not make the final cut- I would guess that Caviar doesn't freeze well :).

I know in May on Oosterdam we were brought several small samples of possible new items and were asked our opinion.

Since this has been running on Oosterdam I'm wondering if the menu isn't finalized and possibly Oosterdam is the "beta". Restaurants generally do this to fine tune based on customer feedback. If the Caviar or Crab Legs do not sell they will likely not make the final cut- I would guess that Caviar doesn't freeze well :).

I know in May on Oosterdam we were brought several small samples of possible new items and were asked our opinion.

For many years the joke within the fleet was that they called the Oosterdam the Testerdam. :D My understanding the Menu that was posted here is in fact the new menu going fleet wide the end of this month. HAL tends to move slowly for changes once things have been permanently changed. Although I agree that the up charge items could be removed if they do not sell well.

I see my new favorite dessert, creme brulee is missing from the dessert menu.:(:mad:

This sort of surprised me that they took away the Creme Brulee' But if they wanted to serve the Le Cirque one just not in the Le Cirque fancy dish I would be very happy :D

Sadly I am not impressed with the Desert offerings, I will probably just order Sorbet :o

For many years the joke within the fleet was that they called the Oosterdam the Testerdam. :D My understanding the Menu that was posted here is in fact the new menu going fleet wide the end of this month. HAL tends to move slowly for changes once things have been permanently changed. Although I agree that the up charge items could be removed if they do not sell well.

Funny you say that. OSDM, as the only ship, also had the new Canaletto menu :) when I was on board this summer

Your husband and I would get along with the vegetables. :)

Most of the steakhouses around have gone belly-up. So it has been years since we dined in one and I truly don't remember how the vegetables came.

Capital Grill, Morton's, The Palm, Smith & Wollensky........ vegetables are a la carte and we always share them around the table. We often order a plate of spinach, maybe onion rings or fries, broccoli, mushrooms or whatever and we all share.

:) We love brussel sprouts. One of our favorite veggies.

I was tired of the asperagus and the creamed spinach was always too salty for my taste. I won't miss either.

A little late to the party, but I am also a lover of brussels sprouts. We had them in the Lido on the Veendam this summer and they were quite good, which surprised me. Most places don't do them well. If the Lido can do it, I'm sure the Pinnacle can as well. At least, I hope so!

Debbie

I always enjoy the Thai Chicken Soup, Ocean Platter, Surf and Turf with Scallop Potatos ---- All are gone - including lobster tail ? What are they thinking ? Possibly the PG will be buffet ?

"TOMATO BROTH WITH SPICY LEMONGRASS CHICKEN-with flavors of kaffir lime and cilantro"

Sounds a lot like the current "Thai Chicken" soup- "SPICY CHICKEN COCONUT SOUP fragrant coconut milk with kaffir leaf and lemon grass"

Betting it is very similar. I have the recipe here somewhere for the current soup.

Overall the menu looks OK to me- if I want lobster I can always do the salad at Le Cirque.