New Pinnacle Menu

frankc98376

Is this link a different menu than what is posted above in this thread?

Same menu just has the pretty graphics :)

I looked again and the HAL menu doesn't show the desserts. Wonder if they are planning on having a changing dessert menu?

Edited by frankc98376

Same menu just has the pretty graphics :)

I looked again and the HAL menu doesn't show the desserts. Wonder if they are planning on having a changing dessert menu?

Maybe they are going to stop serving dessert at Pinnacle dinner? :eek: :D

Tried the new PG menu on NADM's New Year's cruise and don't like it, very disappointing. Gone is the spicy chicken coconut soup - the new tomato soup does not even come close! The new Caesar salad (four Romaine lettuce leaves in a parmesan cheese shell/bowl) doesn't compare to the table-side preparation of a true Caesar salad that was there before. Gone is the Filet Steak Diane, my all-time favorite! Hopefully some changes will be made and some popular favorites brought back; only time will tell!

Here is a link to the original Caesar's salad (with picture) from Caesars Restaurant in Tijuana- the "original" Caesar salad. I've had the salad there many times and it is good (It is actually whole Romaine leaves on a plate a full head though- not four small leaves). I still prefer the standard "tossed Caesar we're accustomed to in the US (tossed tableside)

http://www.caesarstijuana.com/menu/salads

Edited by frankc98376

Here is a link to the original Caesar's salad (with picture) from Caesars Restaurant in Tijuana- the "original" Caesar salad. I've had the salad there many times and it is good (It is actually whole Romaine leaves on a plate a full head though- not four small leaves). I still prefer the standard "tossed Caesar we're accustomed to in the US (tossed tableside)

http://www.caesarstijuana.com/menu/salads

So HAL is preparing a true Caesar, Frank, and the tossed Caesar salad is just the Americanized version? Maybe they need to make the new version in the Pinnacle a little more substantial to be more satisfying.

I wonder if you request in advance that it be prepared in the traditional manner, if they would do it? I am not asking for table-side preparation, they can do it back in the kitchen.

Yes, they will. What they are actually serving now is a "deconstructed" salad. I complained about it the first time it was served and they offered to make one the traditional way. No problem and they continued to do so for the rest of the cruise.

Yes, they will. What they are actually serving now is a "deconstructed" salad. I complained about it the first time it was served and they offered to make one the traditional way. No problem and they continued to do so for the rest of the cruise.

Thanks, great to hear they will do it either way!

I HATE this new "deconstructed" food trend. If I wanted to have deconstructed food I could go to my refrigerator and dip a Romaine leaf into some dressing. When I eat in a restaurant i want the food "constructed", finished, and enjoyable. I'm paying them to construct a meal- not deconstruct it.

Caesars is romaine leaves on a plate but it's pretty much the entire head of romaine.

I HATE this new "deconstructed" food trend. If I wanted to have deconstructed food I could go to my refrigerator and dip a Romaine leaf into some dressing. When I eat in a restaurant i want the food "constructed", finished, and enjoyable. I'm paying them to construct a meal- not deconstruct it.

Caesars is romaine leaves on a plate but it's pretty much the entire head of romaine.

We also hate this new trend of deconstructed food. One of the restaurants were we used to go to quite a bit started this. We went a couple of times and haven't been back in about 4 months.

I hope we can get the Caesar salad we are used to.

But I have a feeling that they are going to say "no".

I'll bet that they were willing to do the salad the way you wanted it only because you were already on the ship under the old menu.

I have noticed in the past that HAL doesn't always post everything for the specialty restaurants.

There are desserts being served.

It was a joke, KK. :D

I am sure they are serving desserts. :cool:

The first time I saw the link there WERE desserts on it, but they're gone now. Computers--a mystery!

Kakalina, glad to hear the they wiill at least make a regular Caesar.

I know I described a stuffed chicken breast (rat). I think they were transitioning because I don't remember a rice cake (or quinoa).

I used to love the volcano cake when it was actually a cake. Lately it has been like a huge bowl of chocolate soup.

Edited by LVSue

The first time I saw the link there WERE desserts on it, but they're gone now. Computers--a mystery!

Kakalina, glad to hear the they wiill at least make a regular Caesar.

I know I described a stuffed chicken breast (rat). I think they were transitioning because I don't remember a rice cake (or quinoa).

I used to love the volcano cake when it was actually a cake. Lately it has been like a huge bowl of chocolate soup.

I had the chocolate volcano cake on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November several times. And it was delicious -- cake with the molten lava in the center. Definitely not a soup.

But the creme brûlée is no longer the 3-flavored kind, but a lemon creme brûlée tart, which might be delicious.
l

Not true. My hubby had the three flavoured kind last Saturday night on the NA. But is was disappointing. He said it did "crack" :(

"Deconstructed" salad? Surely this can not be true...especially on HAL. Making a proper Caesar Salad is somewhat labor intensive since it should be done tableside with the dressing prepared at the time of serving. And yes, it should use an entire head of Romaine. None of this seems to fit the new HAL (with all of the cutbacks) since it is both labor intensive and uses more raw ingredients. Trying to find new cost saving "short cuts" has become the ***** of most cruise lines and HAL is working hard to lead the pack. We could provide a list of some of these cut-backs (familiar to most frequent HAL cruisers) but this topic is limited to the Pinnacle. Personally, we do dine at the Pinnacle (usually once per cruise...even if the cruise is over 60 days) but we get a substantial discount. They do make a decent bone-in Rib Eye at the Pinnacle and for that we say thank you. But, compared to the top alternative restaurants on other lines, the Pinnacle fails in nearly every way. We think the menu has grown tired over the years and it sometimes seems like the staff (in the galley and grill) have also grown tied. So now they can rest while items like the Caesar salad are "deconstructed" out of sight of the diners.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

The PG has DEFINITELY gone downhill. I posted about this in my review of the Noordam (Jan. 6-17). Tableside Steak Dianne, caesars Salad, lobster Bisque, and Baked Alaska Flambe are no longer offered. This was what made the PG an intimate, special place. And while the steaks are still good, they are 40% of the entree items.

Also the extra price gouging by offering Alaska King crab Legs for a $20 surcharge or Caviar for a $45 surcharge is insulting. Such a shame.

The PG has DEFINITELY gone downhill. I posted about this in my review of the Noordam (Jan. 6-17). Tableside Steak Dianne, caesars Salad, lobster Bisque, and Baked Alaska Flambe are no longer offered. This was what made the PG an intimate, special place. And while the steaks are still good, they are 40% of the entree items.

Also the extra price gouging by offering Alaska King crab Legs for a $20 surcharge or Caviar for a $45 surcharge is insulting. Such a shame.

I/we hope you said as much in the HAL survey that you received.

Crystal brags they serve caviar every night if this is what the passenger wants. But it was a lousy brand (mushy, sticky, over-processed, one-note taste), so one night was more than enough. Hope HAL offers something better than just the novelty of having "caviar".

We did a Celebrity Century cruuise in December to Hawaii - ate in the "steak" restaurant x 3. They did have caviar on the menu every night (same menu), at an additional cost of $125.00. Needless to say, my husband passed.