“Live” from the "Brilliance of the Seas": December 12-16,2013

Hello Cruising Friends...

I'm now fully aboard the beautiful "Brilliance of the Seas". And beautiful she is...

Here she is as I was approaching the gangway.

F59AE656-114B-4CBC-9687-A81316B18521_zpstjbf7iuc.jpg

Getting ready to walk the plank.

32934847-28B0-4831-8AE9-323EDC4C85D3_zpszehfwvli.jpg

Official check in and snapping our picture for the secret government...

F8538C87-722D-43D9-8CD4-1AF71C632EC1_zpskguuka5v.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.

Hi MFITS, I'm ready to make the virtual escape with you and get out of all this snow here. Sorry to hear about the fog, so hope you get to the ship safely. I imagine the ship's fog horn will be sounding. I love that sound; reminds me of my childhood. We could always hear the fog horns from the Baltimore harbor at our house. We got into heavy fog off the coast of North Carolina on one of our cruises and the fog horn sounded all night. I could hear it up on the pool deck, but couldn't hear it once I was back in my cabin on deck 7. I've read a lot of complaints about cabins not being soundproof, but so far I've never hear noises from either side or above us. Maybe I've just been lucky. I have heard people in the hallway, but that's all.

Can't wait to hear from you on board and looking forward to seeing what impish things Andy will get into. Thanks for doing this again. Bon Voyage!

Luvs

Our rooms should be ready soon and I'll make my way to my room and dump my bags and locate some food. Hopefully this ship has some food, ships seem to lack food from time to time. ;-)

Just overheard this older lady on her phone speaking with obviously on the other end. Well anyways the side of the conversation I was privileged to hear, she and her party are part those lucky ones sailing back to back. This appears to be the last B2B, there are about 50 folks that's this is their 2nd or more leg. They have all 50 of them gathered in Giovanni's for a special B2B lunch.

News flash.... This just in over the loud speaker as I finish typing this, rooms are READY!! Stay tuned for room pictures!!

Oh yeah in my rush to get out of the house after my last minute packing I forgot to go to the ATM for cash. Looks like I'll be using the ships ATM and paying the fee. :-/

Our rooms should be ready soon and I'll make my way to my room and dump my bags and locate some food. Hopefully this ship has some food, ships seem to lack food from time to time. ;-)

Just overheard this older lady on her phone speaking with obviously on the other end. Well anyways the side of the conversation I was privileged to hear, she and her party are part those lucky ones sailing back to back. This appears to be the last B2B, there are about 50 folks that's this is their 2nd or more leg. They have all 50 of them gathered in Giovanni's for a special B2B lunch.

News flash.... This just in over the loud speaker as I finish typing this, rooms are READY!! Stay tuned for room pictures!!

Oh yeah in my rush to get out of the house after my last minute packing I forgot to go to the ATM for cash. Looks like I'll be using the ships ATM and paying the fee. :-/

Ships lack food from time to time? LOL... that's like saying you starved to death on Allure! ;):p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app

And here I present my "Inside" stateroom because I'm cheap..

047DF88A-7E5C-46F0-B61C-E0F265237ED1_zpshih7wmmo.jpg

46A77B0E-6162-49FD-94E9-0A61FE547DE8_zps2qytdj4o.jpg

23C49157-8A64-46D4-AA8D-F3B065EA66B4_zpsiajkujni.jpg

1CD6841D-AEDD-4A6F-9CC4-28AFEB733DF5_zpstzenz5x3.jpg

0A868301-CC48-491A-B6AF-A1FA5E31FE24_zps1fsimari.jpg

9AAB8B4E-EF4A-42EB-ACFA-AA6F84E4EC31_zpsozx21qen.jpg

All right all right, you caught me..... It's not an inside room. But I did book an inside room on deck 4 back in August. So apparently this sailing has had difficulty filling the ship. After reading some scuttle butt on my roll call and another thread I belong to about this sailing and new additional TA friend from posts I saw I checked the pricing again two days before sailing.... Had checked a couple weeks prior too. Anyways the pricing for me to bump up to a balcony so I could become an official balcony snob seeing as I had one on my last cruise.. Was the same price... Well $5.00 more. So here I sit in my D1 balcony mid ship on deck 9...errrr I mean my inside cabin. :-)

and here i present my "inside" stateroom because i'm cheap..

047df88a-7e5c-46f0-b61c-e0f265237ed1_zpshih7wmmo.jpg

46a77b0e-6162-49fd-94e9-0a61fe547de8_zps2qytdj4o.jpg

23c49157-8a64-46d4-aa8d-f3b065ea66b4_zpsiajkujni.jpg

1cd6841d-aedd-4a6f-9cc4-28afeb733df5_zpstzenz5x3.jpg

0a868301-cc48-491a-b6af-a1fa5e31fe24_zps1fsimari.jpg

9aab8b4e-ef4a-42eb-acfa-aa6f84e4ec31_zpsozx21qen.jpg

all right all right, you caught me..... It's not an inside room. But i did book an inside room on deck 4 back in august. So apparently this sailing has had difficulty filling the ship. After reading some scuttle butt on my roll call and another thread i belong to about this sailing and new additional ta friend from posts i saw i checked the pricing again two days before sailing.... Had checked a couple weeks prior too. Anyways the pricing for me to bump up to a balcony so i could become an official balcony snob seeing as i had one on my last cruise.. Was the same price... Well $5.00 more. So here i sit in my d1 balcony mid ship on deck 9...errrr i mean my inside cabin. :-)

sent from my iphone using tapatalk - please excuse any errors.

score!

Looks like someone is happy being back on a ship!

068ADE11-A0CC-4FC5-8C8D-CFF0B8CB2C9A_zps9jesxtk6.jpg

Time for a "Snack". Luckily it looks like the ship may have stocked up on some food . Mandatory honey stung chicken.

99F80A19-B829-4AF6-8107-9B178DEA6A90_zps618iueji.jpg

Am eating outside well because. But it's chilly out here in the shade.

0BB057A1-F9BF-4B2C-BCF8-F1CE6B9A090F_zps8d154k9p.jpg

Thanks for answering my question about the coupon booklets! One less thing to pack!

Are you going to be out on the deck for the passage under the Skyway Bridge?

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Mystaken

Do you know which ships let you go to the helipad for the launch. Or how do you find out if it is allowed?

Enjoy the trip! I know I will from my office desk!

We've been on the helipad on all the Voyager and Freedom class ships. No experience with the helipad on Radiance class ships.

And here I present my "Inside" stateroom because I'm cheap.. Anyways the pricing for me to bump up to a balcony so I could become an official balcony snob seeing as I had one on my last cruise.. Was the same price... Well $5.00 more. So here I sit in my D1 balcony mid ship on deck 9...errrr I mean my inside cabin. :-)

hahahaha enjoy that inside room while lounging on its balcony!