How to Oranize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Holland America

LauraS

Got an email back yesterday confirming everything is a go. I will just update the head count. That was very fast with the response, it certainly makes it easy.

Allan

Ships services are fantastic when I deal with them. Glad you had the same xperience:D:D

Congratulations on setting up your first M & G.:). It could become habit forming;)

• 4 weeks later...
Yep. But ask for the person who handles the specific ship. They know much more that whoever answers, unless they are that person. I can attest that Dylan who handles Noordam and Zaandam is super helpful.

Bon Voyage on your cruise next week. Looks like your getting your cruise fix for this year. We visited Hornfleur on a shore excursion last year when we did the TA to the Baltic last year. Nice little town had a coffee and something to eat at the harbour. Fair winds and sun shine.

Allan & Marlane

• 2 months later...
As of 21 October 2014, the OnboardEventServices@HollandAmerica.com address is bouncing...

Anyone know anything about a change? The error is

No MX or A records for hollandamerica.com

not in my typing of the name, I checked it multiple times (and sent the message twice).

:(

There's are both MX (mail) and A (web server) records. I just checked.

Thanks for reply! It was a hiccup, I got through the next morning and got a quick reply from an Events Coordinator. Told me I was in time, blocked out my first choice of time and place, and gave me until 2 weeks pre-sailing for a head-count.

Life is good!

Now, just to get my Roll Call to sign up! Everyone is all busy with finding buddies to book non-HAL excursions...

• 5 months later...

For arranging M&Gs, I find it easier to just call onboard events at 877-885-4259 with dates and details. You need to have your booking number handy.

I have also noticed that when you schedule two M&Gs due to back to back or collector's sailings, the second one at times gets lost, so be sure to check with the events manager on the ship after boarding.

• 3 months later...

We are out on the roll call for the Westerdam for a December 5th 2015 Caribbean cruise and the subject of meet and mingle came up. I have been reading this thread. Someone on our roll call seemed to think that you could not have a meet and mingle unless there was a certain number of people the want to attend. If that is correct what is the number of people?

We are out on the roll call for the Westerdam for a December 5th 2015 Caribbean cruise and the subject of meet and mingle came up. I have been reading this thread. Someone on our roll call seemed to think that you could not have a meet and mingle unless there was a certain number of people the want to attend. If that is correct what is the number of people?

It used to be 25 to the best of my knowledge. I'm not sure that if written in stone any longer as when I was arranging one and didn't have that number at the time, I was told no worries, the ship is flexible. (We grew way past that number later ;) )

HAL has always been flexible with my M & G's..The one I did for our Alaska cruise only had eight & I still have the written confirmation from Hal.. They served us coffee & pastries in the crows nest..

I have been reading this thread. Someone on our roll call seemed to think that you could not have a meet and mingle unless there was a certain number of people the want to attend. If that is correct what is the number of people?

The very best "Meet & Mingle" I have ever been involved in had exactly two people. Can't hardly get fewer than that!

The Meet & Mingle on Royal Caribbean requires a minimum of 25 people, and the ship organises it. You only have to register for it on CC and eventually RCI will advice what date and where it will take place. There are usually a couple of officers, and some freebies given away, as well as refreshments.

Meet & Greet on HAL is different, organised by the roll members. But I don't think there is any minimum requirement, they just need to know how many will attend, and they provide refreshments only.

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me why I can not find my roll call for my cruise to Alaska on the Noordam on June 1 - June 12th 11 days cruise and land tour. Thanks for anyone who can help me.....

Sharon and dale

Probably because no one has started one yet. Why not start one yourself? :)

Can someone tell me why I can not find my roll call for my cruise to Alaska on the Noordam on June 1 - June 12th 11 days cruise and land tour. Thanks for anyone who can help me.....

Sharon and dale

It depends on when your land tour is.. If the land is before your embarkation on the Noordam, check for the date you embark.. If nothing is listed for your embarkation date, then you can start the roll call yourself.. But be prepared to follow through & plan to handle the Meet & Greet if no one else volunteers to do it..

Are you sure about the dates? Do you mean 2016?.. It looks like the Noordam leaves YVR on May 29 for a two week cruise.. Is that the one you are on.. If so look at the May 29 roll Call...They will probably have the meet & greet on the first sea day..

Alaska is awesome.. Hope you have a great cruise & tour..SIZE]

Edited by serendipity1499

I think your cruise starts on 5th June and there doesn't appear to be a M&G as yet.

It might be part of the May 29th beginning which is shown as a two week itinerary & there is a roll call listed.. The OP may find others on the May 29th departure which are continuing on the June 5 -12 portion..

It might be part of the May 29th beginning which is shown as a two week itinerary & there is a roll call listed.. The OP may find others on the May 29th departure which are continuing on the June 5 -12 portion..

Thank you everyone for your comments. We will be leaving from Seward, Alaska on 6/5/2016 which will be the cruise part of our land/cruise trip. We will be on the Noordam. The land and cruise will be 11 nights combined.

We probably don't have a roll call started and I would be more than glad to handle the Meet and Mingle but just need to know how to set up the Roll Call so we can go on cruise critic and meet others going on the same cruise.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Sharon and Dale

Thank you everyone for your comments. We will be leaving from Seward, Alaska on 6/5/2016 which will be the cruise part of our land/cruise trip. We will be on the Noordam. The land and cruise will be 11 nights combined.

We probably don't have a roll call started and I would be more than glad to handle the Meet and Mingle but just need to know how to set up the Roll Call so we can go on cruise critic and meet others going on the same cruise.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Sharon and Dale

Just go to the Roll Call here on Cruise Critic (main page, roll calls, Holland America) and then once there choose the Noordam, click start a new thread and put a title that clearly outlines the date and post!

Easy :)

offer to the meet and greet if people are interested and hopefully a pile of people will join in.

Often everyone waits for someone to start a roll call.

You might be surprised who is waiting in the wings.

Good luck )

Just go to the Roll Call here on Cruise Critic (main page, roll calls, Holland America) and then once there choose the Noordam, click start a new thread and put a title that clearly outlines the date and post!

Easy :)

offer to the meet and greet if people are interested and hopefully a pile of people will join in.

Often everyone waits for someone to start a roll call.

You might be surprised who is waiting in the wings.

Good luck )

Thanks a bunch. I'm trying it now.

• 3 weeks later...
I contacted the onboard group today to set up a M&G for our upcoming Zaandam cruise. Karla Carlson is now the event coordinator for the Zaandam.

Thank you!

Arie

I have dealt with Karla and she is awesome. If your experience is anything like mine, you will be well taken care of :)

• 9 months later...
Any chance of getting an update with correct links to this? I tried both links and just got a Not Found message.

Thanks!

Debbie

Debbie, there is no need to complete a fax form or the other stuff that sounds tedious.

I just call to book my meet and greets and they fill it all in for me.

877-885-4259

Alternatively you can email the shpboard co-ordinator @HollandAmerica.com

Hope this helps :)