Really ticked off at Royal..you would be too

I just did a mock booking also & it is saving $779 for a Junior suite but then a $181.00 discount which puts it at $598. I did a straight booking with no discounts, residency etc. Not sure what the person is seeing at RCCL. Hope you get this resolved. :)

Usateg

Now they are saying fine, well give it to you...But it's coming up more than what we looked at. Like over $150 more.

AT this point, I'm ready to go back to my original cabin and look at other options for my Next vacation. Really bad taste in my mouth right now. I've taken a ton of cruises with them..this is unacceptable.

I just did a mock booking also & it is saving $779 for a Junior suite but then a $181.00 discount which puts it at $598. I did a straight booking with no discounts, residency etc.

This is exactly what I'm seeing.

Maybe the the $181 discount is for new bookings only?

The only thing I can think of is that the price we are all seeing is RCL's Going, going, gone event. This replaces the Tuesday sale that we were used to. This sale lasts all week. Don't know if this price is on this weeks or not. Next week has the JS for $599.

If it is on this weeks list, then it would be for new bookings only

The only thing I can think of is that the price we are all seeing is RCL's Going, going, gone event. This replaces the Tuesday sale that we were used to. This sale lasts all week. Don't know if this price is on this weeks or not. Next week has the JS for $599.

If it is on this weeks list, then it would be for new bookings only

Sounds to me like that is how the OP is starting to view RCI.

Now they are saying fine, well give it to you...But it's coming up more than what we looked at. Like over $150 more.

AT this point, I'm ready to go back to my original cabin and look at other options for my Next vacation. Really bad taste in my mouth right now. I've taken a ton of cruises with them..this is unacceptable.

Their website is screwed up. I just now did a mock booking. JS clearly says $598. But when I selected the stateroom, it jumped to $779.

But then, under summary of charges, it lists a $181 discount per person, bringing it back to $598. If I hit book, my price would be $598. I have no idea what that discount is for. I didn't choose anything. :confused:

Edited by Aquahound

I did a mock booking on RC's website with no discounts and not on sale. Price quoted $598.

I also did a mock booking on two online cruise agencies and both quoted $598.

I would be ticked of also. Who needs the aggravation.

"Looking at other options for your next vacation" - I would also.

Good luck.

Ah, when it says "standard rates FROM $598" that does not mean the rate IS $598. If you were to confirm that non-military rate, I bet it would not be $598. If it is, they should honor it (if you actually do a courtesy hold) but if its not, this is basic marketing and all companies do it.

Their website is screwed up. I just now did a mock booking. JS clearly says $598. But when I selected the stateroom, it jumped to $779.

But then, under summary of charges, it lists a $181 discount per person, bringing it back to $598. If I hit book, my price would be $598. I have no idea what that discount is for. I didn't choose anything. :confused:

Ditto

Ah, when it says "standard rates FROM $598" that does not mean the rate IS $598. If you were to confirm that non-military rate, I bet it would not be $598. If it is, they should honor it (if you actually do a courtesy hold) but if its not, this is basic marketing and all companies do it.

Do a mock booking. You will lose the bet.

The recent changes they made to the website were supposed to automatically take into account things like savings certificates and balcony discounts. Also, on a recent invoice from Royal, the Senior rate is shown by a line item discount. In other words, they show the full rate on one line, and a discount on another.

Sounds like their changes are not working reliably, and they still have some work to do on the website.

The recent changes they made to the website were supposed to automatically take into account things like savings certificates and balcony discounts. Also, on a recent invoice from Royal, the Senior rate is shown by a line item discount. In other words, they show the full rate on one line, and a discount on another.

Sounds like their changes are not working reliably, and they still have some work to do on the website.

Maybe they should fix the old problems before they create new ones.

It's not working any better for the loyalty ambassadors. I rebooked a cruise while on the ship so I could get the on board booking benefits. She still had to email crown and anchor for the C&A discount to be added on because the website wouldn't bring up the price automatically even with my C&A number included.

Gina

It's not working any better for the loyalty ambassadors. I rebooked a cruise while on the ship so I could get the on board booking benefits. She still had to email crown and anchor for the C&A discount to be added on because the website wouldn't bring up the price automatically even with my C&A number included.

Gina

I made a change to a booking this past week, and the rep could not get the price that was showing on the website. Sound familiar? I could hear the exasperation in her voice. She had to put me on hold for a while and get someone else involved. I feel sorry for the reps, they have to deal with the software issues and cranky customers too.

So we have a balcony room on the jan 13th sailing of the Liberty. I checked this morning and I saw to get a JS it's only $77 total to upgrade.

I should say I'm a diamond member, and an outside agent for our family travel agency, so we're very familiar with the whole process.

Called, and they not only couldn't honor the upgrade (said it's a military discount, even though it's not selected at all when I Did the mock booking) but I'm STILL on hold as we speak trying to get my originally d2 balcony back bc they said there's a balance due and it's past the date. Wrong, bc I've paid in full 30 days ago and have full documentation to prove that.

A simple call to inquire about an upgrade turned into a big ordeal. Not very happy.

Someone do a mock booking for that sailing and don't select military discount. It clearly has a deal on JS for $598 pp... If it's a mistake fine, but after over 40 mins on the phone right now just to get my original room back..not happy.

There are more important things to worry about in life... I know. But it's annoying!

I feel your pain. I don't know if these people are a third party call center or if they actually work for Royal, but they are not very good at what they do. We have a cruise reserved for August on the Navigator and they now have us in two different rooms with two different reservation numbers for that cruise. They are saying it is a "computer glitch", but it has been like this for 3 weeks now. LOL

Good luck!

I made a change to a booking this past week, and the rep could not get the price that was showing on the website. Sound familiar? I could hear the exasperation in her voice. She had to put me on hold for a while and get someone else involved. I feel sorry for the reps, they have to deal with the software issues and cranky customers too.

When I booked onboard last month the loyalty ambassador could not find the military rate that was on their website. I had to go to the computer onboard and print it out for her. She then had to send it to Miami in order to get that rate for me:eek:

Man, sure sounds like you need a vacation after dealing with RCI to book a vacation... Maybe this is their genius new plan to boost last minute bookings? :p

Ok...they came back with an upgrade offer of $100 more than what I thought it would originally be. Almost $200 for the upgrade from d2 to JS. You know what? After all that I did it.

Man, what an ordeal.

Going to enjoy my day..need a drink!

Thanks all!

Glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy your drink and your cruise!!:):)

Anytime we've booked, either on board or through our TA, our booking has always had to be sent to C&A for the balcony discount to be applied before we are sent a Confirmation Invoice.

Ditto, as recently as our early October Allure booking made on an X cruise... Has this procedure recently changed?