Has Celebrity IT department just come into the 21st century?

chamima

I just got the following email from Celebrity.

I don't remember ever getting something like this before.

Of course, I haven't tried logging in yet to see if it works. ;) :p

Dear *******

Thanks again for choosing Celebrity Cruises. Your electronic cruise documents for Reservation Number ******* are now ready at the link below. You will need to enter your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date to access your documents. Please print and carry these documents with you during the boarding process as well as your required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e: a valid Passport or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

ONLINE CHECK-IN

To expedite the boarding process, please ensure that you have completed your online check-in no less that 4 days prior to your sailing. There you will be asked to complete your immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up your onboard expense account. Also, please print your Xpress Pass which will be collected during ship check-in formalities. For your convenience, a link to online check-in is shown below.

SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier.

***************************online checkin

I just got the following email from Celebrity.

I don't remember ever getting something like this before.

Of course, I haven't tried logging in yet to see if it works. ;) :p

Dear *******

Thanks again for choosing Celebrity Cruises. Your electronic cruise documents for Reservation Number ******* are now ready at the link below. You will need to enter your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date to access your documents. Please print and carry these documents with you during the boarding process as well as your required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e: a valid Passport or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

ONLINE CHECK-IN

To expedite the boarding process, please ensure that you have completed your online check-in no less that 4 days prior to your sailing. There you will be asked to complete your immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up your onboard expense account. Also, please print your Xpress Pass which will be collected during ship check-in formalities. For your convenience, a link to online check-in is shown below.

SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier.

***************************online checkin

oh, it works well, especially when they tell you to take out your typewriter with the carbon paper and fill in the forms :)

Seriously, maybe, as ORV hinted, they have finally fixed the bug where they don't send the message to each and every cruiser..

Steve

In over 20 Celebrity cruises we never ever got that message. ;)however ,installing a new world wide reservation system ,there were bugs that had to be fixed by IT ;).They were aware of the bugs & one by one they have fixed the web site to be user friendly :D.

We just recently was able to Register for our B2B Caribbean cruises in March aboard Silhouette , on the Connections Party link;):D

Hi Everyone,

While it would be nice to say this is the result of the recent upgrades, it's nothing new. I've been receiving these types of emails for at least a couple of years.

Dear Santa, most of us have been nice and even if we have been a little

naughty could you please see if the Celebrity Website could be fixed for

us? Maybe you speak with whoever is in charge and see if they have

any elves who know about the technical stuff.

Thanks Santa:)

My past experience: If booked through a TA I always get an email saying my "e-docs" are available for downloading. If booked through Celebrity, I get an email directly from them.

I always look forward to the day this is received because that means I can order my luggage tags!!! :D That just makes the cruise seem so much closer.

My past experience: If booked through a TA I always get an email saying my "e-docs" are available for downloading. If booked through Celebrity, I get an email directly from them.

I always look forward to the day this is received because that means I can order my luggage tags!!! :D That just makes the cruise seem so much closer.

All of my Celebrity cruises have been booked with the same TA, including this latest one.

It looks like the only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency.:eek:

Dear Santa, most of us have been nice and even if we have been a little

naughty could you please see if the Celebrity Website could be fixed for

us? Maybe you speak with whoever is in charge and see if they have

any elves who know about the technical stuff.

Thanks Santa:)

Hi Lois!! I couldn't agree more. Celebrity's website is stuck in the 20th century in the dark ages of the Internet era for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by librarylady19

Dear Santa

I want a Barbie Dream House, a set of Hot Wheels and an Easy Bake Oven. But you could keep them all if you could just give me and my friends a Celebrity website that works.

If you can't do that, maybe we could have Peace On Earth. (that might be easier)

The milk and cookies are waiting for you, also some food for the reindeer

Hi Lois!! I couldn't agree more. Celebrity's website is stuck in the 20th century in the dark ages of the Internet era for sure.

Hi Sandy,:) hope you and Scott are doing well and I think you went to

Europe, right? Hope you had a great trip:)

Noticed that the site is down for maintenance now. We can only hope that one of these days it will all be fixed. Maybe if we all ask Santa.......

Hi Cruisestitch,

I just checked the website, and it's up now. Wanted to check pricing on a few open bookings.

There's a different format for viewing available cabins - it's not perfect, but the layout looks much improved, and easier to navigate. I noticed a box that shows "best available cabin" in each category. I like that.

Also noticed there's a place that says "View ALL available cabins". When I clicked on it, I'm still getting what seems to be a limited selection... but we can hope Celebrity is heading towards showing all cabins. That would be an excellent addition if & when it happens.

Edited by Host Andy

Like Host Andy we have received this email for every cruise for the last couple of years. Something I have always looked forward to as it meant the cruise was getting close:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It could be that some got them inconsistently before.

Then again, it could still be inconsistent. :p

Hi Sandy,:) hope you and Scott are doing well and I think you went to

Europe, right? Hope you had a great trip:)

Hi Lois

Doing well - other than dealing with winter blues. We had a fantastic time in October visiting London and Belgium (absolutely my favorite place - incredible food and beer, warm friendly people and lovely towns) so no Caribbean cruise this winter :-(.

I got mine, but the link does not work. Does not open to anything

I didn't think to try it until I read your post.

You're right! Nothing!

We get these great pre-cruise emails from Princess.

First from the CEO, then the next one from the Captain, then from the Captain's Circle Hostess and finally, the last one from the Cruise Director with info about on board entertainers, movies and other pertinent stuff. ALL of those links work.

They all also have links to the personalizer and list any info I need to add to the booking.

It heightens the excitement and is a great marketing tool.

Oh well.........

I didn't think to try it until I read your post.

You're right! Nothing!

We get these great pre-cruise emails from Princess.

First from the CEO, then the next one from the Captain, then from the Captain's Circle Hostess and finally, the last one from the Cruise Director with info about on board entertainers, movies and other pertinent stuff. ALL of those links work.

They all also have links to the personalizer and list any info I need to add to the booking.

It heightens the excitement and is a great marketing tool.

Oh well.........

Absolutely, they completely get it. I was very impressed with the first Princess one I got. It makes sure the passenger knows exactly where they're at and gives reassurance, useful info and a good vibe.

Just got another email from Celebrity:

How was Celebrity Equinox, chamima? Write a review!

Celebrity Equinox

93% of members loved it

We'd love your take, chamima -- and so would millions of Cruise Critic readers trying to pick the perfect ship.

We didn't sail on the Equinox! :eek:

IT just keeps getting better and better! :p

Come to think of it - how did Celebrity put my email together with my screen name? :confused:

Just got another email from Celebrity:

How was Celebrity Equinox, chamima? Write a review!

Celebrity Equinox

93% of members loved it

We'd love your take, chamima -- and so would millions of Cruise Critic readers trying to pick the perfect ship.

We didn't sail on the Equinox! :eek:

Well, don't let that stop you from writing a review! :p

(Some time ago, when I logged onto "My Reservations" page on Celebrity's web site, it pulled up the reservation for someone sailing on an RCCL ship. What a gross privacy violation.)