Steiner gets the boot!

InTheWASide

That's Steiner (one of their brands). They are the company that is on it's way out.

I like the spa...but I hate the hard sell. I am one of those folks that will avoid it at all costs because they try so hard and then I just feel bad that I didn't buy something after the treatment, etc. and hate to have to say 'no' over and over. I just don't like it. I'm a people pleaser and it makes the whole experience 'not relaxing' to me. I haven't gone to the spa simply because of that.

Here's the link to the roll out schedule:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?cid=sm_agn_fb_cnynrn_1403_obcr_post_all_4230&pagename=canyon_ranch_spaclub#&panel1-1

Ship

Starting

Celebrity Century®

March 6, 2014

Celebrity Reflection®

March 29, 2014

Celebrity Infinity®

March 30, 2014

Celebrity Millennium®

March 30, 2014

Celebrity Eclipse®

April 5, 2014

Celebrity Silhouette®

April 6, 2014

Celebrity Constellation®

April 10, 2014

Celebrity Solstice®

April 11, 2014

Celebrity Summit®

April 12, 2014

Celebrity Equinox℠

April 14, 2014

Mary Lou

Specifically spa credit....I don't want to go for my Ginger Lime Salt scrub and find out they are out of the Ginger and the Lime!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Hi Akowilm,

If you are not happy with the new offerings, I'd speak with Guest Relations. Perhaps they can change it to a general OBC. If it's a major concern, you may wish to contact the Gift Card dept at 800-242-6374. I'm on this sailing, so I hope to see you at the Meet & Mingle.

I hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?cid=sm_agn_fb_cnynrn_1403_obcr_post_all_4230&pagename=canyon_ranch_spaclub#&panel1-1

Ship

Starting

Celebrity Century®

March 6, 2014

Celebrity Reflection®

March 29, 2014

Celebrity Infinity®

March 30, 2014

Celebrity Millennium®

March 30, 2014

Celebrity Eclipse®

April 5, 2014

Celebrity Silhouette®

April 6, 2014

Celebrity Constellation®

April 10, 2014

Celebrity Solstice®

April 11, 2014

Celebrity Summit®

April 12, 2014

Celebrity Equinox℠

April 14, 2014

Mary Lou

Thanks for info and link.

Interesting. They also answer the earlier question someone in this thread had:

"If you've already booked an AquaSpa service for your upcoming cruise after the dates listed above, you will receive a full refund credited to the original method of payment."

***Schedule Removed to Save space***

Mary Lou

I laughed pretty hard when I read this. While it seems almost impossible with a tight roll out like this, I get off TWO ships the day the the Canyone Ranch Spa starts. Should make for EXCELLENT spa services on those last cruises from Steiner/Elimis/AquaSpa for my cruises. Meh.

Guess I'll have to wait until November to test out Canyon Ranch.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Hi Akowilm,

If you are not happy with the new offerings, I'd speak with Guest Relations. Perhaps they can change it to a general OBC. If it's a major concern, you may wish to contact the Gift Card dept at 800-242-6374. I'm on this sailing, so I hope to see you at the Meet & Mingle.

I hope this is helpful

Thanks for the advice! I am sure I will be happy with either, just hope that Elemis doesn't try to deplete their supply prior to packing up...I have had great experiences in their spa, and very much look forward the new one!!

I would love to finally meet the Host with the Most at the mingle, but I am on the Connie for a short reprieve before finishing out the cater season! Have a wonderful trip!!

Looks like I will be treated to the last days of Steiner. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you and me both. I hope it doesn't affect our aqua experience ie, bad attituditis and such.. The old... We're outta here so we don't care how we act syndrome

• 3 months later...

Just back off the first Canyon Ranch spa cruise on Solstice.

While I didn't try the new services, I was surprised to see that part of the agreement has been for them to turn the previously free seating area in the foyer into a shop displaying items for sale!

As it had been mentioned that you didn't get the hard sell while doing the service it seemed strange that they had extra space allocated to sales.

Ultimately, the service is more important, but having seen a lot of public space sadly handed over to revenue earning onboard lately, was disappointed to see yet another march along that road.

Just got back from the Eclipse sailing on Apr. 5. Lucky us, got the changeover week, and I'm sure that had something to do with it. My wife and I used the spa twice after it finally reopened. The treatments were ok at best, but the biggest problem was all the management confusion. No one really knew what was going on, how to schedule appointments, and the whole Persian Garden thing was a mess. The experience was neither relaxing nor enjoying.

And for the record, yes, they do try to sell you products, not near as aggressive as Steiner did, but they do show you what they are using and offer the products for sale. As for prices, they are up about 25 percent from Steiners treatments.

Hopefully in time they will get better, but for their first stint on Eclipse, I'd give them a " D "

On the Century, I found them rather pushy as well. They had little tables set up in several areas (outside the buffet, outside pool area, etc) and they would try to talk you into a treatment as you walked by. For example, my mother was walking with a limp (she was two weeks away from having hip replacement surgery) and two different times a Spa person said, "You need a massage! Here is a list of how we can take care of you!" Funny thing was, she had just had a massage on one of the occasions...