New to celebrity: what's your favorite ship and why?

bjarrett7

Hello everyone... We are new to celebrity and will be taking our first cruise in January. We are considering booking our next cruise in board so I would be grateful to hear what your favorite celebrity ship is and why! Thanks :-)

The one I happen to be sailing on at the moment:D:);)

What ship are you on in January?

I love the S-class ships. I've sailed all of them, my favorite being Silhouette.

Absolutely!!! We loved the added Lawn Club Grill and other newer amenities!! Absolutely enjoyed the Hideaway!!!! Used it as often as possible!!! We are on the Solstice for our next two cruises in the next four months, but would love to be back on the Silhouette and Reflection!!

Hello everyone... We are new to celebrity and will be taking our first cruise in January. We are considering booking our next cruise in board so I would be grateful to hear what your favorite celebrity ship is and why! Thanks :-)

Book iteniary & dates, then the line. You can't go too wrong with any of the big lines.

As far as the X boats, we tend to prefer the Meliniuum class over the Soltice class, just because the Aqua Spa has louder pounding water in the T pool, we particularly ilike them n the caribbean, where we seldom disembark & spend our days reading & sunning & napping, more like newborn spiders soaking up the sun & the heat after a bitter winter. We've never liked the smaller ships in the Celebrity line.

Otoh, we just got back from 13 nights in the Med on the QE. It was such hard touring, dawn to dusk on your feet in nearly every port, that we never really experienced the ship. Mostly we napped between courses in the MDR, everyone did. ;-> tbe entire ship was so tired that the staff in 10 forward was complaining about the lack of nightlife. We were too tired for the shows and ordered 0600 breakfast room service for a 0730 start to the day's touring. Days at sea were spent in a coma.

So pick the iteneary & dates, the activity level, then the line is my suggestion.

I love the S-class ships. I've sailed all of them, my favorite being Silhouette.

Agree with the Solstice-class ships. It’s exactly 25 days till we will be boarding the Solstice in super spectacular Sydney harbor with our neighbors of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Will be on this ship for 14 days as we sail up the New Zealand coast to Auckland. As noted below, this will be our second time on the Solstice. Below is one of my pictures for a favorite location/reason to enjoy these ships. Lots more pictures and details on the Solstice are linked below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 14,723 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

The Reflection is the most recent of the whole fleet. I didn't have the chance to sail on her yet but, based on what I read on Cruise Critics, she is magnificent and in top shape.

The main critic, as compared to the earlier Solstice class ships, is that she carries a little bit more passengers and some areas such as the poolside seem more crowded. Some public spaces have been modified or eliminated: the fountains on the pool side is now an additional deck space for more loungers, the Glass Show area is now The Lawn Grill, the private alcoves offered for renting along the grass are far to be unanimously appreciated and half of the Sky Lounge has been taken for additional cabins.

That being said, if the Reflection is the first Celebrity ship you sail on, you will not notice these differences and you will enjoy a superb vessel.

I find this question is like asking a person about their colour preference.

Life on board all the ships is great.

Pick an itinerary that you prefer and travel Celebrity style.

Our preference is for the M-class ships because of the extra dancing floor and smaller size.

S-Class are more stunning visually and offer more dining choices but we love the layout of M class.

Agree with the Solstice-class ships. It’s exactly 25 days till we will be boarding the Solstice in super spectacular Sydney harbor with our neighbors of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Will be on this ship for 14 days as we sail up the New Zealand coast to Auckland. As noted below, this will be our second time on the Solstice. Below is one of my pictures for a favorite location/reason to enjoy these ships. Lots more pictures and details on the Solstice are linked below.

Celebrity Solstice Visual Highlights? From our June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in France, Italy, Kotor and Dubrovnik, I have pull together a number of wonderful visuals of the Solstice, its features, food, entertainment, options, etc. We are now at 14,723 views for this shorter version of my larger full review of that cruise and all of the port pictures/details. Check these postings and added info at:

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

Wow! Thanks for the link... That was fun!

Thanks everyone! We are sailing on the reflection in January. We've only been one other cruise which was disney dream... We have no idea what to expect but we are really excited!

We're taking our first Celebrity cruise (2nd ever) on Reflection in January, too, leaving 1/11. Can't wait! It's a spectacular ship. I've been watching and it's CruiseCritic rating keeps climbing.

If you haven't seen this yet, here's an amazingly comprehensive & precise review. They have menus, "dailies", etc. all posted& easy to read. If you go to their home page they have general cruise advice too:

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection.htm

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This picture makes we want to call my travel agent!:D

My favorite Celebrity ship is the next one I am sailing on, no matter which! I have sailed all except the two newest. I personally prefer the M class design (and my favorite spot on any Celebrity ship, the T-pool), but the S class are newer and have some very nice perks. For sheer beauty, I feel the Equinox cannot be topped. I have sailed more than 20 ships over the years (Celebrity and others) and I was just blown away by her beauty. My favorite M class ship for the same reason has always been the Constellation. But my nicest cruise on Celebrity had to be back on the Century long ago, right when she was due for a big refurbishment. She had some well worn areas and upon first boarding I was really disappointed with her condition (a rarity on a Celebrity ship in case that point concerns you). At the end of the day, it was my best experience - the food was superb and the staff even more outstanding than usual. I have never, ever had a bad cruise on a Celebrity ship no matter what. I am a die hard fan (although not a cheerleader - no one is perfect and I recognize that). You cannot go wrong on any of their vessels IMHO

Eclipse. However its the only X ship weve been on. However she sails from the UK, doesnt have the horrible alcoves, has the Hot Glass show, Quasar Disco and a full Sky Lounge. She also had Perry Grant last July and we look forward to enjoying the ship again in May.

This picture makes we want to call my travel agent!:D

bjarrett7: Wow! Thanks for the link... That was fun!

Appreciate these nice and kind follow-up posts. Be sure to let Celebrity know to credit me a "commission" for your bookings. In less than month' date=' I will do a fresh set of Solstice, plus Australia-NZ posts, pictures from a live/blog on this Jan. 20-Feb. 3 Solstice cruise, Sydney to Auckland. Below is another of my favorites "eye-candy" examples from the Solstice. More below on the full live/blog from our June 2011 Solstice cruise.

Just eleven more days till we depart on our way to Hawaii and then "down under".

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 156,374 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Super loved it when there were times at the pool in the afternoons on the Solstice in June 2011 when the “party band” was going at it with great tunes. This added to the fun and excitement around the pool area of our ship. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg