Most romantic: Chops or giovanni's

gskline

My wife and I will be on the Oasis in March to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The menu at 150 Central Park Restaurant doesn't appeal to either one of us. With that choice out, which would you choose for us to have our 25th Anniversary dinner at?? Chops Grille or Giovanni's. We both like steaks and Italian, so not sure which restaurant would be a better choice. Which would be more romantic???

My wife and I will be on the Oasis in March to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The menu at 150 Central Park Restaurant doesn't appeal to either one of us. With that choice out, which would you choose for us to have our 25th Anniversary dinner at?? Chops Grille or Giovanni's. We both like steaks and Italian, so not sure which restaurant would be a better choice. Which would be more romantic???

From my point of view, Chops seems more upscale and formal than Giovanni's.

I would also vote for Chops. It is too bad that you don't like either menu for 150 Central Park as I really found it romantic. The Chef's Table was probably the best though ... I'd love to do that again.

Congratulations on your anniversary ... we were on the Oasis for our 40th. Jan

I'd agree with Chops, but on Oasis I'd definitely prefer 150 Central Park! We found Chops on Oasis to be somehow "less" than Chops on other RCI ships, for whatever reason, and 150 Central Park was elegant...

I might be in the minority but I'd go for Giovanni's. I thought the food was much better. And the restaurant is romantic. Request a table with Central Park views.

If you go with Chops, ask for a table with lots of privacy. I was surprised on the allure on how close some of the tables are to one another.

Happy anniversary!!

I'd agree with Chops, but on Oasis I'd definitely prefer 150 Central Park! We found Chops on Oasis to be somehow "less" than Chops on other RCI ships, for whatever reason, and 150 Central Park was elegant...

I agree about 150 CP, especially with those big comfy chairs.

Chops is a more upscale restaurant. More romantic and expensive.

I would think Chops

My daughter and I prefer to food in Giovanni's. The food was outstanding. Giovanni's always seems less crowded as well. Make sure you book later, as children are permitted before 7.

I think the patio areas of both are romantic after dark. Our Giovanni's experience was a lot nicer though because we sat at an outdoor table right next to where a solo guitarist was playing. On other nights, it's was a violin/guitar duo. If you can time your booking to when there is live entertainment in Central Park, it'll make a world of difference.

What you have to be careful of at Chops is the tables next to the Trellis Bar. It's hit or miss, but you could get a crowd at that bar that negatively affects your romantic dinner.

I don't blame you ref 150. I'm not a fan either....and I've tried both menus.

Having eaten at all of the specialty restaurants, I would suggest Giovanni's of the two you are deciding between. They have great steak and Italian dishes with maybe the best appetizer of all times. On other ships I would have suggested Chops, but on Oasis it is a step above. However, I think that hands down 150 Central Park is the absolute best choice for most romantic! My husband is a very picky eater, dislikes almost all vegetables and likes to eat predictable food. He tells everyone about how great Central Park experience was. I think you would be very very happy to buy the package that includes all three restaurants since this is your anniversary trip! You will not be disappointed-----and I am an extremely frugal person. Chef's Table is an awesome experience and worth trying once in your life.It is expensive. Although intimate as you will dine with a small group, it is definitely not romantic.

I think the patio areas of both are romantic after dark. Our Giovanni's experience was a lot nicer though because we sat at an outdoor table right next to where a solo guitarist was playing. On other nights, it's was a violin/guitar duo. If you can time your booking to when there is live entertainment in Central Park, it'll make a world of difference.

What you have to be careful of at Chops is the tables next to the Trellis Bar. It's hit or miss, but you could get a crowd at that bar that negatively affects your romantic dinner.

I don't blame you ref 150. I'm not a fan either....and I've tried both menus.

Paul.

Do both Restaurants have Patio Dining areas? Is it really noisy in this area? We like to eat dinner early, between 6-6:30, so we probably won't have a crowd at this time will we?

Greg

Paul.

Do both Restaurants have Patio Dining areas? Is it really noisy in this area? We like to eat dinner early, between 6-6:30, so we probably won't have a crowd at this time will we?

Greg

Greg, yes they do. No, it's not usually a noisy area. Central Park, especially at night, tends to be nice and quiet.