MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

aliaschief

I should be here. I only have one errand I want to do today. One of the local Ham stores sells their left over ham bones very cheaply. I want to pick up a couple to make some soup Monday. The local high is projected to be 15 degrees and a pot of Ham bone veggie soup will be perfect.

That sounds awesome...I love pea soup and make it whenever we have a ham!

We're going to friends for dinner so I won't be here to see the Queen of Horns set sail. However, maybe I'll stay up to see the Amsterdam.

If Westerdam leaves on time I should be here, but it looks like she is trapped between two of the big guys! Then I have to go and get my eyes checked. I may possibly still be up when Amsterdam leaves, but she'll probably be silent, don't you think, at 11 p.m.! Don't want to wake up the condos.:)

It's really cold here, a big frost, after our clear day yesterday. But DD in Newfoundland says they are having rolling power outages, and she is all bundled up, and just heating one room. I imagine all you Easterners are suffering. I just hope things are better when she leaves to come here (Friday), via Toronto to check out the new job.

Chelly is leaving today on the Westerdam, but I don't remember if she said she had requested a wave, or where she would be - anyone know?

I am quite sure she posted on the other sail a way thread. I will take a look and see if I can find it.

Hope to be here for the Westie - would love to see the Amsterdam go but midnight is really pushing it for me and my early morning dogs - especially Master Marley:D

Hope to be here for the Westie - would love to see the Amsterdam go but midnight is really pushing it for me and my early morning dogs - especially Master Marley:D

Doggies do NOT understand "Sleep in". What is worse is after you get up, let them out to do their business, eat something, they go back to sleep.

Checking in a little early. Some great camera work today, they are panning all the way around. Close-up too, way better than the long-distance shots earlier this week.

Lunch - turkey breast sandwich, yogurt - and of course my cuppa tea.:)